Thread: How long can I keep my send score window open before it expires?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

How long can I keep my send score window open before it expires?

I was just curious, since the start of the new month is approaching, how long can I keep my send score window open before it expires?

For example, if I play a game today and get a really high score, and I want to wait til the start of the month to send that score, can I leave the window open until the first after the reset on Jan 1st 12:10 am NST but before 12:40 am NST (as any scores sent after that won't count)? Or does the window expire at the end of each day?

Also I have never used a score sender and I have been thinking about using it but I'm kinda scared I don't want to get frozen. I am planning on just using it for games that have max scores that do not get reviewed or for games that just need minimum score for the trophy or avatar. I was curious are score senders currently safe? After all flash doesn't work properly now and game has changed alot over the years and TNT has loosen their policies. How is it for score sending?
    Last edited by Stunna; 12-29-2023 at 08:53 AM.

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    It takes place on the 1st of month at 12:10 am NST. At that time the scores in the table will be deleted.

so presumably yes any score sent after 12:11 will not count for that month.

i usually send scores at the end of the month and get around middle ground. As far as your second question i answered in your other post

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-30-2023),caviar (12-31-2023),Stunna (12-29-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Ignoring that your score submission timer is going to continue counting for days, the most likely problem you'll run into is that the games must successfully submit keep-alive updates to the server at a given interval in order to persist your game session. If any of the keep-alives fail, then the server forgets that you're playing the game, and your score will no longer be valid. This has been a problem for legitimate players and cheaters alike for a few years now as the server performance wobbles, and as StackPath arbitrarily blocks submissions, so you'll have to be very lucky for a game session to survive multiple days of sitting idle waiting for you to submit it.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

caviar (12-31-2023),Excalibur (12-29-2023),Stunna (12-29-2023),Synth Salazzle (12-29-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunna View Post
    I was just curious, since the start of the new month is approaching, how long can I keep my send score window open before it expires?

For example, if I play a game today and get a really high score, and I want to wait til the start of the month to send that score, can I leave the window open until the first after the reset on Jan 1st 12:10 am NST but before 12:40 am NST (as any scores sent after that won't count)? Or does the window expire at the end of each day?

Also I have never used a score sender and I have been thinking about using it but I'm kinda scared I don't want to get frozen. I am planning on just using it for games that have max scores that do not get reviewed or for games that just need minimum score for the trophy or avatar. I was curious are score senders currently safe? After all flash doesn't work properly now and game has changed alot over the years and TNT has loosen their policies. How is it for score sending?
    It does not work that way.

You can't play a game, get a high score on the 31st before 23:59 and submit it on the 1st.

Even if you wait till midday on the 1st, it does not get sent. Tried doing that previously on like 5 games, left their windows open and then when I sent they all got errors XD

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

caviar (12-31-2023),Stunna (12-30-2023)