Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Unhappy Browser Suggestions? For ViolentMonkey

Hi all,

I'm after a functioning browser that doesn't eat up too much memory. I am only using it to play Neo, and I have 9 tabs open always, with scripts running. I was previously using Google Chrome, which worked fine for some time but now for some reason it uses a lot of Memory. I noticed it will start with using a normal amount of energy but as the day goes on after maybe 5 hours will be using close to 10GB of memory. Opera was the same.

Firefox works perfectly and does not use up so much memory, however I had the trouble for being logged out of Neo constantly (atleast every few hours) which defeats the purpose of having scripts running if I am not at home etc.

The last couple days I have been using Edge, which isn't too bad, although even though I have turned off the "sleeping tabs" feature, I've noticed that the pages will only refresh once I've opened the tabs manually after a while?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good browser to use alongside with ViolentMonkey, one that won't eat up too much memory after some hours? Or perhaps someone knows why I am getting logged out on Firefox or what Edge is doing lol.

Thank you in advance!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bomb For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (12-27-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    The FF issue you have is a weird one. Have you tried searching online on how to remedy that?

I've been using Firefox for 15+ years and don't think I'll ever switch to another.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (12-27-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    74/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    8d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    The FF issue you have is a weird one. Have you tried searching online on how to remedy that?

I've been using Firefox for 15+ years and don't think I'll ever switch to another.
    Thanks, Joe - I might have to dig further with this. FF is definitely my preferred browser, I did try disable some privacy settings that I had read may have been causing the issue, but I will have to try and have another play.