8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    they were really popular for a short period of time around the 1960's, so they're very mid century modern
    my mom's first was from the aluminum factory that her dad worked at!
    fun fact: the charlie brown christmas special almost single-handedly killed the aluminum tree trend, because in it the trees were portrayed as shallow and, like, ~not in the true spirit of christmas~
    I did not know that about what killed the aluminum tree trend!!! I want to bring it back in full swing! Aluminum and fiber optic though, so upgrade it to our era of time.

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),♥ Blissey ♥ (12-25-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Lyrichord (12-26-2023),Pepper-Mint (12-25-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I think my favourite memory/tradition is mixing the christmas fruit cake at the end of october to store it til christmas.
    Our family used to get everyone to stir the batter, and when I moved away from home mum would video call me to stir it through the phone. Fond memories!

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shinx For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),DarkSkies (12-26-2023),Ice (12-25-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Lyrichord (12-26-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    13d 12h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 49m
    When I was younger, we used to always go over to my Godma's house for Christmas on Christmas eve. It would be my Godma and her husband, my godbrother, my Godma's brother and his wife, their two kids, Mum, Dad and me.

We'd eat Christmas dinner together, and after that the kids would spend the whole night playing together while the adults talked and eventually started a few rounds of mahjong.

The most magical part about it to me was that we got to stay up past midnight, all the way until their mahjong game ended at 3 am or so. Us kids had fun just getting to mess around together for this one night.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Junellie For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-26-2023),DarkSkies (12-26-2023),Ice (12-26-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Lyrichord (12-26-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    216d 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    I have a few! Decorating the tree as a little kid with my mom to Brenda Lee's Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, and then I forget exactly where I posted it, but the Christmas buffet my parents and I would go to on Christmas morning, that is now sadly out of business/the space is now being used for something else. I missed my smoked salmon at the restaurant I went to today! (And creamed spinach, I can eat a lot of that stuff.)

Also, there was this one time many, many moons ago when my fam and I were going to a restaurant in Christmas season in a very beautiful, wooded, state park area. The snow started falling as we were listening to some lovely music, and it was so magical. 🩵❄️

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-26-2023),DarkSkies (12-26-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Junellie View Post
    When I was younger, we used to always go over to my Godma's house for Christmas on Christmas eve. It would be my Godma and her husband, my godbrother, my Godma's brother and his wife, their two kids, Mum, Dad and me.

We'd eat Christmas dinner together, and after that the kids would spend the whole night playing together while the adults talked and eventually started a few rounds of mahjong.

The most magical part about it to me was that we got to stay up past midnight, all the way until their mahjong game ended at 3 am or so. Us kids had fun just getting to mess around together for this one night.
    This totally unlocked some really old and similar memories for me too!! When I was like single digit years old, we were a lot closer to my godparents (my dad's best friend and his wife) and every Christmas we'd drive a few hours out of town to their place. It was super magical because they had a huge, old house in the gorgeous New England style and we'd bake and decorate tons of Christmas cookies. And they had tooooons I mean loads of toys like Barbies and stuff out the wazoo (two girls and a little boy) so we'd listen to music and play until we all literally passed out while the adults drank and talked lol. Man I haven't thought about that in years! 🥺

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (12-26-2023),Junellie (12-26-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Lyrichord (12-26-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Favorite Christmas memory... more like event that just happened today was singing karaoke with my family for 4 hours straight. I drank so much water to help soothe my throat after so much singing that I had to run to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes haha. I'm also partially sick this Christmas but I couldn't help but want to sing.

For former Christmases, I typically love cooking with family in match pjs. Watching winter themed movies and eating popcorn is always great too.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (12-26-2023),Ice (12-26-2023),Lyrichord (12-26-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    13d 12h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    This totally unlocked some really old and similar memories for me too!! When I was like single digit years old, we were a lot closer to my godparents (my dad's best friend and his wife) and every Christmas we'd drive a few hours out of town to their place. It was super magical because they had a huge, old house in the gorgeous New England style and we'd bake and decorate tons of Christmas cookies. And they had tooooons I mean loads of toys like Barbies and stuff out the wazoo (two girls and a little boy) so we'd listen to music and play until we all literally passed out while the adults drank and talked lol. Man I haven't thought about that in years! 🥺
    That sounds like magic for real

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Junellie For This Useful Post:

Ice (12-26-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Lyrichord (12-26-2023)