7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m

It's Godzilla's era

I've been meaning to make this post for a while but man... are we Godzilla fans being fucking fed with so much new content lately! First we had Godzilla; Monarch (Legacy of Monsters) come out in November 17, 2023. I just started catching up myself on it and I am amazed at how much this goes back to (It's very much worth the watch if you are a fan of Godzilla (aka me hehe) or other Titan/Kaiju monsters! It really has me hooked and each episode give or take is 45-50mins long!

Second we had Godzilla; Minus One hit theaters on December 1, 2023! The overall look and evilness radiating off of him in it is so amazing compared to Godzilla; King of the Monsters. I have yet to see Godzilla; Minus One (Please no spoilers!) but when it comes out to streaming or somewhere else I will be watching it!

Lastly; coming in 2024 is Godzilla x Kong; A New Empire! Here we have Pink Godzilla (Obviously have evolved since then with his fight against Mechagodzilla) and is teaming up with Kong to defeat; Skar King! I cannot WAIT for this movie man; The fact we have Godzilla FULL ON SPRINTING is fucking terrifying to say the least.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Erik. (12-16-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),Styx (12-16-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    As a @(you need an account to see links) aficionado, which movies or episodes of the television shows would you recommend as high points of the franchise? I've always wanted to get into Godzilla, but where should I start in your opinion?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023),♥ lint ♥ (12-16-2023),Zenitsu (12-16-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Wait are they making a series?! Is this new? I haven't heard of new Godzilla news in forever. I'm going to look into Legacy of Monsters I was really big into Godzilla when I was a kid

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    As a @(you need an account to see links) aficionado, which movies or episodes of the television shows would you recommend as high points of the franchise? I've always wanted to get into Godzilla, but where should I start in your opinion?
    I grew up on Godzilla and some of my favorites are Godzilla vs Gigan and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. These are from the 70's but I loved seeing Godzilla team up with other monsters to fight a stronger monster. I would recommend watching an "old" movie to get a feel for how Godzilla was back in the day and maybe watch a different movie from each decade to also appreciate the changes in Godzilla's design. My fave design is the millennium Godzilla design from Godzilla 2000. Of course, I have to also mention the US Godzilla movie of 1998. Not the best, but kind of like a cult classic in the Godzilla fandom. We like the design and even though the movie is kind of far off from what you'd see in Japan, it's still fun and clearly influenced by the trends at the time (late 90's green cyber hard rock vibes). I think the dudes who made Independence Day made that Godzilla movie, iirc. They also made an animated series in the US on that version of Godzilla.

Godzilla 2014 was the first reboot of the "new" Godzilla era done in the US. The movie was meh, imo, especially because the bad monsters Godzilla fought looked like alien robots almost and was such a stark contrast to other monster villains, so it was a hard sell for me lol. Then Godzilla King of the Monsters comes next. I REALLY liked that one because I felt they did a really good job of portraying the other monsters that I grew up watching. They had the monster cries down really well too and it just felt like an updated version of the multi-monster team up fights I used to see in the older movies. Next is Godzilla vs Kong. I believe the TV show is supposed to take place between Godzilla 2014 and Godzilla King of the Monsters.

Hope this helps lol, but a simple way to start is browsing the catalogue of monsters in the Godzilla universe and maybe watch the movie that monster is in. Orga, Biollante, Spacegodzilla, and Orga have really cool designs imo.

*Edit: I'm, of course, talking about the entirety of Godzilla lol and not just the American reboot era so it can be a lot ^^'
    Last edited by lint; 12-16-2023 at 04:21 PM.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m