Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

Geekify Neopets Merch Experiences

Hey everyone! I wanted to start up this thread to see if anyone else was having issues with Geekify, I pre-ordered the Usuki gift bundle in September and still no news on even an estimated shipping date. Last I heard from them was in October. I feel like I remember hearing terrible stories about thier advent calendars last year, but I had hoped this one would not be as wild.

The page on thier site for it now says estimated late nov/early dec so I guess there is an estimate, but still kinda annoyed haven't heard any updates. Anyone else in Usuki limbo or had issues with any of thier other stuff?

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Excalibur (12-31-2023),Gotch (12-27-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),kittyray (12-02-2023),Meepit (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I was one of the ones with a horrible experience last year with the advent calender :/
    I had pre-ordered it when they first started advertising, and then I only received it around February.
    When I would email customer service, they would tell me that because I'm in Canada the shipping is unpredictable (which I guess I can kinda see?)
    Also the chocolate was disgusting, the plastic that held the pieces was warped so when you opened a door it was hard to pry it out, and also the chocolate moulds were so flat it was hard to see any of the imprints.

I had wanted to order the advent for this year and the tarot cards but it really put me off after last year.

I really hope you get updates soon, and have a better experience.

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Cena For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Excalibur (12-31-2023),Guil (12-02-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
    I was one of the ones with a horrible experience last year with the advent calender :/
    I had pre-ordered it when they first started advertising, and then I only received it around February.
    When I would email customer service, they would tell me that because I'm in Canada the shipping is unpredictable (which I guess I can kinda see?)
    Also the chocolate was disgusting, the plastic that held the pieces was warped so when you opened a door it was hard to pry it out, and also the chocolate moulds were so flat it was hard to see any of the imprints.

I had wanted to order the advent for this year and the tarot cards but it really put me off after last year.

I really hope you get updates soon, and have a better experience.
    Thanks for the info! I definitely remember hearing stuff like that, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. At least the Usuki thing isnt timed like the advent calendar but so far the wait has been just as annoying :\ i dont blame you for not wanting anything from them anymore, the thought did cross my mind when I was thinking of ordering this. I should have maybe gone with my gut, but all the stuff inside sounded so fun

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

-Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Excalibur (12-31-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Guil View Post
    Thanks for the info! I definitely remember hearing stuff like that, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. At least the Usuki thing isnt timed like the advent calendar but so far the wait has been just as annoying :\ i dont blame you for not wanting anything from them anymore, the thought did cross my mind when I was thinking of ordering this. I should have maybe gone with my gut, but all the stuff inside sounded so fun
    I'm still a little miffed over it after how much I spent in shipping lol, but I still think the idea of it was good! Just needs to be better executed.
    The usuki stuff looks adorable, I like the pins that they advertised with it. Do you get a code with it too?

At least everything you receive should be what it's advertised as, you won't have to worry about bad chocolate haha

Have you tried sending them an email at all?
    I know they're advertising that they are busy because of the holidays, but it couldn't hurt to send them a quick email and see if they reponds

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Cena For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
    I'm still a little miffed over it after how much I spent in shipping lol, but I still think the idea of it was good! Just needs to be better executed.
    The usuki stuff looks adorable, I like the pins that they advertised with it. Do you get a code with it too?

At least everything you receive should be what it's advertised as, you won't have to worry about bad chocolate haha

Have you tried sending them an email at all?
    I know they're advertising that they are busy because of the holidays, but it couldn't hurt to send them a quick email and see if they reponds
    Yeah, nothing edible in this one haha. All the stuff sounded really fun, I'm a sucker for pins too so thats one of the reasons I didn't resist. I did try the contact form yesterday but no response yet, I guess we'll see!

-Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 16h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I got some of their Stamp pins, and they are not good quality. They are fairly large but only have a single pin point at the back so they just dont sit properly

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Excalibur (12-31-2023),Guil (12-02-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I ordered my advent calendar this year the moment they were available and I've gotten no notice of it shipping. Tried emailing customer service about it as well and have gotten zilch, so either they're ghosting me, or they're backed up to hell.

It sure would be nice to get one of these things *before* December for once. It's an Advent Calendar, not a "open up two or three weeks of treats halfway into the month because we couldn't get it to you on time" calendar.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Excalibur (12-31-2023),Guil (12-02-2023),John Cena (12-03-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    I ordered my advent calendar this year the moment they were available and I've gotten no notice of it shipping. Tried emailing customer service about it as well and have gotten zilch, so either they're ghosting me, or they're backed up to hell.

It sure would be nice to get one of these things *before* December for once. It's an Advent Calendar, not a "open up two or three weeks of treats halfway into the month because we couldn't get it to you on time" calendar.
    oh man so its continuing!! that sucks so much... so much for opening it every day in december, good grief

-Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Guil View Post
    oh man so its continuing!! that sucks so much... so much for opening it every day in december, good grief
    Yeah, right? Like, I am the most understanding person when it comes to late shipments seeing as I would ship out merch for my own business previously, but the thing is is that you need to keep your customers updated on the status. If tiny little ol' one person team me could do it for hundreds of orders, I really don't see what their excuse is.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Excalibur (12-31-2023),Guil (12-02-2023),John Cena (12-03-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 18m
    I bought the advent calendar last year and it didn't arrive until at least mid-December. I didn't order this year's out of expectation that they still would not get it out on time and it seems that came to pass. Essentially, you'll get your order.. eventually. One day. They also are not too keen on people posting their negative experiences or frustrations on public forums like the NN group on FB and use the "small business challenges" card to deflect valid criticism.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),birdies (12-29-2023),Excalibur (12-31-2023),Guil (12-02-2023),John Cena (12-03-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)