Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies you can rewatch without getting bored?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    OMG, Emperor's New Groove — how could I forget? I just watched a video essay about it a couple of days, too.

I'm going to add Lilo & Stitch to my list as well, though it makes for an uncomfortable rewatch because THE TEARS OMG THE TEARS.
    oooh, can you drop a link to the video?

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Also, to answer the original question, I feel like there are soooo many good rewatchable movies. Some need some space in between viewings to air out in between (I put a lot of Nolan's stuff here, also people like Fincher, Aronofsky, et cetera), but others are just fun good watches. I feel like the demise of channel-surfing has sort of...killed a lot of these. There's no more "Oh, I'll stop and pick this up for the next 45 minutes while I xyz". I feel like a lot of 80s movies are like that, but I'm not sure exactly where the cause/effect lies in terms of when they were made and the qualities that make them rewatchable in chunks.

I realize I'm not listing any actual names, but I'm completely blanking on anything other than a once-is-enough, and that's Requiem For A Dream. I did rewatch it one time, thinking it was such an incredible film and that I'd be prepared, so it wouldn't feel as intense...yeah nope.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    138d 4h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    oooh, can you drop a link to the video?

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Also, to answer the original question, I feel like there are soooo many good rewatchable movies. Some need some space in between viewings to air out in between (I put a lot of Nolan's stuff here, also people like Fincher, Aronofsky, et cetera), but others are just fun good watches. I feel like the demise of channel-surfing has sort of...killed a lot of these. There's no more "Oh, I'll stop and pick this up for the next 45 minutes while I xyz". I feel like a lot of 80s movies are like that, but I'm not sure exactly where the cause/effect lies in terms of when they were made and the qualities that make them rewatchable in chunks.

I realize I'm not listing any actual names, but I'm completely blanking on anything other than a once-is-enough, and that's Requiem For A Dream. I did rewatch it one time, thinking it was such an incredible film and that I'd be prepared, so it wouldn't feel as intense...yeah nope.
    Absolutely! It was (you need an account to see links).

I get where you're coming from regarding channel surfing. Admittedly, picking Mulan to watch on Disney+ doesn't hit the same as stumbling upon it, already halfway through its runtime, on Disney Channel.

LOL, I still haven't watched Requiem for a Dream — I'm too chicken.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-25-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    I find that feel good movies are way easier for me to rewatch over and over again!

My favourites for that are Little Miss Sunshine, Pride and Prejudice and A Cinderella Story.

Feel bad movies are naturally the opposite.... but I try to avoid movies nowadays that are TOO feel bad. I saw Requiem for a Dream listed in this thread and OOF

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    138d 4h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    I find that feel good movies are way easier for me to rewatch over and over again!

My favourites for that are Little Miss Sunshine, Pride and Prejudice and A Cinderella Story.

Feel bad movies are naturally the opposite.... but I try to avoid movies nowadays that are TOO feel bad. I saw Requiem for a Dream listed in this thread and OOF
    Yasss. At the start of the pandemic, which coincided with some crummy life stuff, I rewatched a bunch of my favourite movies. It helped lighten things considerably. And really, 1917 was pretty much my comfort movie in 2020.

Ooh, that is a great line in the GIF you posted!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

Aero (11-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Man I was gonna say The Emperor's New Groove too LMAO

But besides that I'd say The Fifth Element. It's just such a classic and even if comedy is very 90's and all over the top, I'd say it has aged well, probably taking off the cheesy ending but doesn't really bother me that much.

Also, did someone else Mention Men in Black? I love the first 2 movies with a PASSION

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Yasss. At the start of the pandemic, which coincided with some crummy life stuff, I rewatched a bunch of my favourite movies. It helped lighten things considerably. And really, 1917 was pretty much my comfort movie in 2020.

Ooh, that is a great line in the GIF you posted!
    This movie has so many great quotes HAHA I also love "You're not very pretty... and you're not very bright...". And yesss whenever I'm feeling down (e.g. pandemic lmao) I will rewatch my comfort faves

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    138d 4h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesedmoga View Post
    Man I was gonna say The Emperor's New Groove too LMAO

But besides that I'd say The Fifth Element. It's just such a classic and even if comedy is very 90's and all over the top, I'd say it has aged well, probably taking off the cheesy ending but doesn't really bother me that much.

Also, did someone else Mention Men in Black? I love the first 2 movies with a PASSION
    90s action-comedy movies are chef's kiss. (The Mummy and The Mummy Returns, anyone? Also two very rewatchable movies.) Men in Black 3 was pretty good, too, I thought. The less said about Men in Black: International, however, the better.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Yasss, Inception. I can rewatch most Nolan movies. The only one I haven't tried is Tenet. Interstellar's also another movie I can't rewatch because the last time I did so, I got such a headache from crying so hard.
    I agree with you on both those things. Tenet for me wasn't an enjoyable watch, but that's maybe just because I'm stupid. It's not that I didn't understand it, I just didn't enjoy it lol.

Interstellar is an amazing movie, but it's also very heavy and mentally taxing to keep rewatching.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 13h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I usually love a good guy vs terrorist threat action movie, ones I can kind of watch mindlessly.

Die Hard
    Olympus / London has fallen

I say those because it was on TV last night Must have seen about 10 times at this point.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Toy Story lol (1 & 2 only though)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rio For This Useful Post: