Thread: Has anyone managed to trade out of BN T5 UC Faerie purgatory?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Has anyone managed to trade out of BN T5 UC Faerie purgatory?

Edit: Thx for the help guys. It doesnt seem possible to trade out of T5 faeries directly even though I really want any T5 UC grey for them, so I’ll probably give up or permie the faerie I have. I do wish someone would write a nuanced guide to uc trading, sucks how easily you can mess up your chains
    Last edited by sidon; 10-08-2023 at 12:25 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    48d 12h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Hey sidon! I feel sorry that you’re feeling that way. I haven’t traded UCs very recently but I was stuck with a DN faerie Peo for months before in the past and I couldn’t even trade laterally. In the end, I UFAed the pet XD out of frustration. Please don’t feel bad for offering on pets of the same tier! We get ignored or get rude responses some times but it’s totally part of PC trading! Seriously, just offer them on so long it’s not an outrageous under-offer. I think faerie Ixi is the popular one within T5 among faeries and faerie shoyru can be popular sometimes. I personally love faerie blumaroo but I’m not sure how they trade.

If you don’t dislike the pet too much and have a little budget to spare, maybe buy another pet that’s more tradable in the ck forum and keep this t5 faerie for yourself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeopetLandy For This Useful Post:

John Cena (10-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    UC reading is hellish. Imo never trade for a BN of anything but the top tier. You won't get anywhere with BN unless you find another chump
    [CENTER]Lazy and Paranoid

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    248d 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    For VWN pets it's better to trade in the same name-format only. Works until mid-high tiers or even high if you are lucky (I've done this countless times so not baseless advice).

I'd say faerie pteri/ixi could work well, but I think the most important part is the name, a cute name will trade better even if BN (ex: fairy_horse86 the uc faerie peophin wouldn't be so bad compared to other BN names)

I agree sometimes is better to begin a chain by buying a cheap pet here instead of just getting frustrated by trading on-site.

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clefairy For This Useful Post:

NeopetLandy (10-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Hey there. There is a trick to getting out of spots like this, but it involves taking advantage of shuffle games on the PC. You will want to aim for DN T4, don't list, only bid. It may take some time but eventually you will find someone who will want to go a tier up rather than down. Aim for xxxxxxxxxxx compound or a single number or underscore, multiple numbers or underscores are harder to trade.

Once you are at dn T4, you want to do the same but only bid on dn T5 and bn T6 (more likely). Then only offer on WN+ T4 and DN T5..and you're out of BN T5 faerie! It takes a lot of patience but it always happens eventually.

I'd also recommend offering on slightly better named in tier. Get rid of as many numbers and underscores in your pets name as you can as that will improve your chances of being picked.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rowlet For This Useful Post:

Jesedmoga (10-08-2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Thank you. I havent offered in shuffles much as it all seems pointless. Theres usually about 800 tier five BN faeries fighting for the same few bad names Greys and Darigans. It’s horrible, I really hate trading and I wish I hadnt destroyed my chain like this. Gonna keep looking over the faeries and see which I dislike the least but not a huge fan of any. Back before I got to T5 it felt impossible to trade up so its definitely a double edged sword. i traded a permie I loved and worked very hard to trade for because I thought getting into t5 would mean i could get a t5 dream pet. I really wish I knew faeries are adeath sentence.
    Last edited by sidon; 10-08-2023 at 04:56 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I just wanna add that Houseplant's trick works in most middle tiers if you take advantage of shuffle rules and also bid the first couple days of the month. Tiers 1 and 5 are massive bottlenecks in my experience.

If I don't find any good trades after the 10th, I simply just wait until next month, You find a lot of people desperate to climb up tiers the first days that burn their trades faster than light.