Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: cK's Pokémon Showdown 2023 - Indigo Plateau Challenge! [INFO & SIGN-UPS]

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yo I'm not super plugged into the clraik community but a homie of mine is interested in playing in this and I'm really lookin forward to helping them with team building and practising! Really curious as to the reasons why Melmetal is banned despite having already been suspect tested by the Smogon community? And all sleep moves being banned, rather than just the regular sleep clause? I really don't mean to come across like a hater, just genuinely curious as to what the thought process behind implementing these specific rules was when there is already an established and well-maintained meta in place.
    Regardless, this event sounds super fun and I'm wishing everyone the best of luck in their games and preparation!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackmetalblumaroo For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-25-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalblumaroo View Post
    Yo I'm not super plugged into the clraik community but a homie of mine is interested in playing in this and I'm really lookin forward to helping them with team building and practising! Really curious as to the reasons why Melmetal is banned despite having already been suspect tested by the Smogon community? And all sleep moves being banned, rather than just the regular sleep clause? I really don't mean to come across like a hater, just genuinely curious as to what the thought process behind implementing these specific rules was when there is already an established and well-maintained meta in place.
    Regardless, this event sounds super fun and I'm wishing everyone the best of luck in their games and preparation!
    Hello, and welcome to ck and to your friend! Mostly, we have these rules in place because it's easier for others to participate with. Some of us, myself included, used to play competitively, but it's been some time since we've brushed up on the most recent rules for battles / updates from Smogon. I try to keep up every now and then since I'm up to date with the games and make comp. teams each gen, but overall, it's just easier haha.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Random question, can you ask for a specific userbar from the "level" you beat?
    For example, if someone beats 3 out of 4 trainers, can they ask for the Great Ball bar?

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    83d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I know my ass will get beat, but SIGN ME UP ANYWAYS

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-26-2023),Zenitsu (09-26-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Oh I was wondering when this event would start.
    Sign me up please.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Badger For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I'm interested, but need some time before committing lol

Does anyone have a link to the Gen 8 OU list? Smogon doesn't have the most user friendly site.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to billytiddles For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-26-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I've been in the process of changing my job and haven't been active a lot. But count me in! I'll try to be more active

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-26-2023),Zenitsu (09-26-2023)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalblumaroo View Post
    Hi there! Neato that your friend is interested and you are going to help them out. You should hop in on the fun too!

From my understanding from when it was run these rules were put in to even the playing field and make the event more enjoyable for everyone. As we have a combination of competitive showdown players as well as users who have never done showdown these rules helped to make sure that the event was more fun and a bit more even of a playing field and now having well experiences players taking advantage of sleep and evasive moves. Same goes for using Melmetal I beleive.
    @(you need an account to see links) may be able to provide more insight on this as they had run the event prior to myself. Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    Random question, can you ask for a specific userbar from the "level" you beat?
    For example, if someone beats 3 out of 4 trainers, can they ask for the Great Ball bar?
    Great question, and I have an idea of where you are coming from with this as we have users that have participated before and would like to complete their collection of userbars. Let us discuss as a group here and we will get back to you if any modification can be made to this.

For now go under the premise that you get awarded for how you finish. We want people to give it their all and strive for that masterball bar!

We will provide and update if anything changes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    134 times
    Time Online
    30d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I'm in! Gonna see if I can troll my way to be the very best and be showered with praise or fail miserably and be taunted and booed until everyone's throat is sore!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikal For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-27-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Hi there! Neato that your friend is interested and you are going to help them out. You should hop in on the fun too!

From my understanding from when it was run these rules were put in to even the playing field and make the event more enjoyable for everyone. As we have a combination of competitive showdown players as well as users who have never done showdown these rules helped to make sure that the event was more fun and a bit more even of a playing field and now having well experiences players taking advantage of sleep and evasive moves. Same goes for using Melmetal I beleive.
    @(you need an account to see links) may be able to provide more insight on this as they had run the event prior to myself. Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

Great question, and I have an idea of where you are coming from with this as we have users that have participated before and would like to complete their collection of userbars. Let us discuss as a group here and we will get back to you if any modification can be made to this.

For now go under the premise that you get awarded for how you finish. We want people to give it their all and strive for that masterball bar!

We will provide and update if anything changes.
    Thanks!
    Yeah that was exactly where I came from! I feel like we should all want to go all the way out, but tanking to get a new bar is also very tempting, especially when the bars are available in a very limited way. So if those with the skill can have the extra little reward of choosing the bar (ofc, just the ones they are eligible to choose!), that will definitely elevate the way people participate

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!