Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What would YOU like to see from the brand's new era?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    6d 14h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    A full modernized layout for user lookups, user shops and the rest of the site.
    A fix for all the broken games, battledome, old contests and brand new plots.
    It's all I ask

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sallys For This Useful Post:

Sqork (09-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Random contest and site spotlight avatars

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Like many I have been on and off for a long time...I know it will take a long time to get there but I would love consistency. More than a new feature, new event, more even than fixing NP balancing, just to have a consistent experience.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chaimedes For This Useful Post:

Nightingale (09-19-2023),Sqork (09-19-2023)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Less focus on the apps. I know what they're going for but I'd much rather them work on the site itself instead. They aren't very good and I can't be convinced to care about a match-three puzzler.

Do something else with the homepage, it's really slow to navigate on some older devices and it isn't immediately clear how to navigate to the main site through it.

I feel like I'm being negative. I'm genuinely just excited that they're trying something new, and hope for a better future.
    Last edited by Raposa; 09-18-2023 at 10:53 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Raposa For This Useful Post:

Sqork (09-19-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    717 times
    Time Online
    84d 7h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by greyduck View Post
    Random contest and site spotlight avatars
    The random contest did make a comeback for a bit! But I wholeheartedly agree on the site spotlight!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
    What I don't get is, is it that hard to make a KeyQuest-like game? Just call it something different, swap the keys for something else, rework the characters, maybe let us use sprites of our own Neopets.

Edit: Heuj I got the cookie ub
    Apparently yes, it is hard for them. I think part of the issue was the lost code back in the day, so it seems they’ve never bothered to reallly put an effort in to rebuild/recreate the game. Which sucks because, like I said, it was so fun to play.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-19-2023),Sqork (09-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    13d 11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by sallys View Post
    A full modernized layout for user lookups, user shops and the rest of the site.
    A fix for all the broken games, battledome, old contests and brand new plots.
    It's all I ask
    here i am, hoping they walk back the updates they started on the UI, site-wide. I suppose the bvuttons and such ARE a fresh update. Clicking the prompt buttons on mobile IS a pain. IDK...I've just always known aking too much of TNT is a bad thing
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    957 times
    Time Online
    117d 1h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    1. First and foremost they need to actually get a fucking handle on their site's security as well as the shitshow that is customer support. I think we all know the glaring elephants in the room and biggest potential issues regarding account security atm.

2. I feel like Dom is honestly trying his best in terms of my next point but he is still but one profit driven man - Neopets really needs to be brought into the modern era for adults. I know he has spoken on things like modernizing neomail/boards, updating filters, etc. but until it HAPPENS I will not believe it and will continue to harp on this point. Gaia and Subeta THRIVED as 13+ sites and I'm fairly certain FR has an adult player base geared mindset too? Or at the very least a "sentient human who knows how to handle things themselves" and isn't a 10 year old child. (But hell, 10 year olds these days basically act like 15 y/os when it comes to technology eh lol) But this also of course includes modernizing the website/fixing broken things and leads into my next point...

3. Is it too hard to ask for the SLIGHTEST bit of UI/UX competency? Seriously whoever decided to make that nightmare of a homepage where you need to jump through hoops to actually get to neopets.com (AND I CAN'T EVEN CLOSE THE "welcome to neopia!" MODAL ON MOBILE WHAT THE FUCK) deserves to get hit by a truck. And just the general immaturity/dumbing down of the whole UI - you can have something be a classic cartoony aesthetic without looking like it is for elementary schoolers. (Although I think most of that falls with JumpStart as it was literally their expertise) Honestly the site revamp we had in what like 2007 or whatever that gave us the horizontal drop down menus... beautiful blessed godly I love me some dropdown menus lol

4. And to touch on their "focuses" with regards to new initiatives and projects they're expanding on... I can't say it enough but stop with the shitty mobile tie-in games (Island Builders is at least you know a little bit more inspired but still embarrassingly juvenile, and the match threes need to go) and PLEASE just make a functioning app that lets you login to the site with your account and do the most basic little things?? Honestly I feel like a mobile app where you can do some dailies, maybe play some simple games, or even a completely new activity that can be done on that mobile app only (something like GC but obviously not as deep as a new custom game) and gives on-site benefits would have more value I feel than another fucking match three game. Idfc let me feed and groom my pet but I don't understand why we can't have a simple integrated app and instead need to deal with the horrid mobile version beast of the site.

eta: honestly I would file a show/cartoon under "propaganda but no value overall" because I can't see it being done well and it will more than likely just be something embarrassing and cringey we players wouldn't want to be associated with lol. the idea of releasing old plot comics in print volumes though... now that's fucking cooking 👀
    Last edited by Ice; 09-19-2023 at 12:49 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-19-2023),Sqork (09-19-2023),Winona (09-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I want habitarium back pls!!! Also neohomes. I live for customizing lol that's pretty much the only reason I play the game.
    Also more easily accessible site UI? It's kind of annoying having to go to a random page on the old layout to then get to places like quick ref

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    96d 8h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    The random contest did make a comeback for a bit! But I wholeheartedly agree on the site spotlight!

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently yes, it is hard for them. I think part of the issue was the lost code back in the day, so it seems they’ve never bothered to reallly put an effort in to rebuild/recreate the game. Which sucks because, like I said, it was so fun to play.
    Would rewriting the code be difficult or just expensive?

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 21m
    Avg. Time Online