30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by mothmen View Post
    I'm def planning on upgrading to the 15, but by the time my carrier's trade in is due the 16 might be out

Love the USB-C switch, but I'm also stuck with airpods that still use lightning so I'm not 100% on board with switching fully until I don't need that lightning cord anymore.
    Im still waiting to see what kind of deals Verizon has. The only one I saw was for the 128gig phone ONLY. I have 256 now and want the next step up so hopefully they come out with more tomorrow - fingers crossed.

I never got the AirPods but I can see how that would be annoying to need to use multiple plugs to charge. I think moving to usb c will be something beneficial in the long run though. No more proprietary cables that we are forced to use. USB c is used in so many things right now so it’ll be nice to have that flexibility, once everything is switched over.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Mothman (09-14-2023)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    My mom and stepdad are incredibly generous people (no sense with money though) and they get me a new phone every other year. Mom's trying to talk me into a 15, and I've been resistant to letting her replace my still "totally fine" phone, but I might just give in this time around. My existing one will make a great trade-in so it won't even cost all that much in the long run.

I'm torn. But aww man I'm digging this one. As a longtime Android fanboy who hasn't had an iPhone since the 5s, should I switch?
    Last edited by Raposa; 09-14-2023 at 10:02 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raposa For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-14-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raposa View Post
    My mom and stepdad are incredibly generous people (no sense with money though) and they get me a new phone every other year. Mom's trying to talk me into a 15, and I've been resistant to letting her replace my still "totally fine" phone, but I might just give in this time around. My existing one will make a great trade-in so it won't even cost all that much in the long run.

I'm torn. But aww man I'm digging this one. As a longtime Android fanboy who hasn't had an iPhone since the 5s, should I switch?
    I've been following the leaks of this new iphone and am pretty excited by it.
    The usb c charger alone is a great change, it'll be compatible with so many of my other devices now. I'd say if they are offering - might as well take them up on it.
    If you have a nice trade in, then it could be a pretty cheap switch to make to get the latest and greatest.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

6. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Raposa (09-14-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I'm in for the iPhone 15 Pro Max, trading in my 11 Pro. Been looking forward to USB-C models and the 0% financing Apple offers makes it too easy to upgrade. Still trying to decide if I want the new watch though.
    real men play neopets

8. The Following User Says Thank You to feign For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-14-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I'm really excited by the USB-C change, but I might hold off to make the switch. So far I've tended toward getting the oldest model available and making it last as long as I can, until I got the eleven due to how limited the other options were. It's around four years old and so far still working great except I dropped it too many times and busted the camera.

Not interested in the watch. I don't really want another thing I can get texts/calls/whatever on. I kind of want to upgrade my Garmin watch, but health/minor injuries has made my fitness really minimal lately, so I think it'd just make me bummed out.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-14-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    As a non-Apple user, the best part of this is Apple FINALLY conforming with USB-C. Give it some years and with exception of some people who's old iphone's are still going strong, we won't have the issue of not being able to lend a charger anymore!

I also remember when Apple updated the lightning port years ago and everyone was just pissed because all their accessories (docks and whatnot) were now useless.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tra-guy For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-14-2023),Raposa (09-14-2023)

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    That's what I'm excited for. Right now, I've got a bag of cords I carry everywhere for all my devices but over time there's more and more I can charge with just my Switch charger! Can't wait until I can just do away with almost all of them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Raposa For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-14-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I’ve got a 12 Pro and just preordered my 15 Pro I’m excited for the USB-C and faster transfer speeds, storage upgrade (my 12P has 128 GB… what was I thinking??), finally getting to use Dynamic Island, and the higher refresh rate. I’ve still got the old AirPods, so still won’t be able to throw away my lightning cable, but hopefully I can upgrade those too on Black Friday this year lol.

I am pissed about the changes they made to financing this year though. You can’t choose a payment plan when you try to buy the phone without a carrier, you have to buy it outright. It’s BS, especially if you’re not on one of the big 3 carriers. I use Google Fi and I know a ton of people use other MVNO’s like Mint Mobile, Cricket, etc. I hope enough people complain this year that they walk that change back :/
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have the 14 Pro Max and have no reason to upgrade. The only thing I wish the newer models had was the finger print ID which is incredibly more useful and responsive than the Face ID. The only problem is they did away with it after the SE models. Fingerprint is just so much more accessible than having to position your face to the phone to unlock things.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    712 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    From what I’ve heard the Ultra series watches aren’t worth it unless you comfortably have the money to spend haha. You may as well just get the normal series.

I still have my Series 3 watch that I use. I have no issues with it other than it dies super fast. I don’t think I’ll upgrade until the watch itself doesn’t work anymore. If it works fine otherwise, why get a new one?

I upgraded to the 14 Pro about a year ago so I won’t need to upgrade again for a while. I’ve never understood why people upgrade every time a new one comes out. Just wait a few years 🤷🏼

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)