30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

iPhone 15 and new watches

Anybody tune in yesterday to the Apple event? They announced the new lineup of iPhone 15 and the series 9 Apple Watch - plus the Apple Watch ultra 2!

Personally, I’ve been waiting for this for awhile. My current iPhone 11 Pro is slowly not cutting it anymore - but I wanted to hold out for these new releases. Definitely torn between the iPhone 15 pro and the iPhone 15 pro max. Never had the max before and not sure how I feel about having a mini iPad in my pocket. Also torn between the new series 9 Watch and the ultra 2 since the ultra looks pretty massive… and that price tag, wtf.

Lots of cool features and upgraded chips in all the phones.

Preorders for everything start tomorrow - I’m waiting to see what kind of deals my carrier will have. Crossing my fingers that they have something so that I don’t have to buy it all outright in one go.

Anybody interested? Thoughts?
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (09-14-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    oh snap interesting full screen?! personally for me i dont mind apple products. My last android was the Droid I-III and i havent been satisfied since. I dont think ill upgrade i have the Iphone 11 Red i love these new features but cost is just out of the water for me. i think ill secure a 13 or something in the future.

As much as this looks fuego i am out because of the price lol

thanks for sharing brody! had no idea you shipped Apple <3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-14-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    oh snap interesting full screen?! personally for me i dont mind apple products. My last android was the Droid I-III and i havent been satisfied since. I dont think ill upgrade i have the Iphone 11 Red i love these new features but cost is just out of the water for me. i think ill secure a 13 or something in the future.

As much as this looks fuego i am out because of the price lol

thanks for sharing brody! had no idea you shipped Apple <3
    The prices are definitely a bit of a turn off, but it’s better than the anticipated prices I kept seeing before the event. People were expecting them to be $100-300 higher than the last models. I’ve been setting aside funds pretty much all year in anticipation of splurging a bit, and my boujee ass will probably go for either the pro or the max with bumped up storage in anticipation of it lasting me a number of years haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (09-14-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    105d 3h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 36m
    Dang thats sweet I just upgraded to the Iphone 14 pro, ultra watch, and air pod pros... ill probably wait until sixteen to upgrade again. Im pretty boujee as well but I try to keep them for a couple years Hopefully then they'll use that water proof technology they have on the watches and use them on the phones and airpods by then. I kinda also dont really care for the watch, theyre could be more apps in it, kinda reminds me of windows app store they had on phones back in the day.
    Last edited by Chupacabra; 09-14-2023 at 07:23 AM.

Custom Userbar: by Infected
    Custom Banner: by pennumbra

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chupacabra For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-14-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 23h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I did watch it live actually, I haven't upgraded my iPhone since I got the 12 Pro at launch, so I'm going to be getting this one. Most likely in the Natural Titanium. I don't use the Watch, and my wife got hers a couple years ago, so probably no other purchases for us apart from new phones.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-14-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Dang thats sweet I just upgraded to the Iphone 14 pro, ultra watch, and air pod pros... ill probably wait until sixteen to upgrade again. Im pretty boujee as well but I try to keep them for a couple years Hopefully then they'll use that water proof technology they have on the watches and use them on the phones and airpods by then. I kinda also dont really care for the watch, theyre could be more apps in it, kinda reminds me of windows app store they had on phones back in the day.
    How do you like the ultra Watch? I have like.. an Apple Watch series 3 that I haven’t used in awhile because it dies so fast. I need to look around to figure how they justify that huge price jump for the ultra Watch. Near as I can tell it’s bright and has a longer battery life, either of which would justify paying twice the cost of the more basic series 9 Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    I did watch it live actually, I haven't upgraded my iPhone since I got the 12 Pro at launch, so I'm going to be getting this one. Most likely in the Natural Titanium. I don't use the Watch, and my wife got hers a couple years ago, so probably no other purchases for us apart from new phones.
    Howd you like the presentation? I hadn’t tuned in for one in quite awhile. I thought their skit about Mother Nature was kind of funny, but also a little tacky. You can tell they are tech people and not actors, that’s for sure! That natural titanium color is pretty sweet. I’m going back and forth between that and the dark blue finish. Decisions decisions!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    105d 3h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 36m
    Well it last for like 1 1/2 to 2 days without charging and I never have to take it off even when I shower it also keeps the band clean lol it is pretty huge too I would watch music videos on there if YouTube was on it

Custom Userbar: by Infected
    Custom Banner: by pennumbra

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Well it last for like 1 1/2 to 2 days without charging and I never have to take it off even when I shower it also keeps the band clean lol it is pretty huge too I would watch music videos on there if YouTube was on it
    That’s a pretty solid battery life, but I feel like they charge pretty quick so I could slap it on the charger in the AM when I start my work day and be good until the next day - for the basic one that is. I have heard the screen is massive but I think they have two different sizes now. I don’t think it has any other features that are super unique to it though?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 23h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Howd you like the presentation? I hadn’t tuned in for one in quite awhile. I thought their skit about Mother Nature was kind of funny, but also a little tacky. You can tell they are tech people and not actors, that’s for sure! That natural titanium color is pretty sweet. I’m going back and forth between that and the dark blue finish. Decisions decisions!
    I'm not too fond of this presentation style to be honest, I preferred the pre-covid area stage presentations to the theatrical ones, but maybe I'm old school. I think the filmed ones give them too much scope to waste time and make it longer than it needs to be lol.

My 12 is blue, so I was hoping for another colour, like the deep red the early leaks were suggesting. But yeah I'll look at the Natural one in real life, if it still looks great, that's the one I'll go for. If not, then black.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-14-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I'm def planning on upgrading to the 15, but by the time my carrier's trade in is due the 16 might be out

Love the USB-C switch, but I'm also stuck with airpods that still use lightning so I'm not 100% on board with switching fully until I don't need that lightning cord anymore.

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3