85/0
    Mentioned
    198 times
    Time Online
    95d 5h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by pennumbra View Post
    American version has you making a hand specified on the cards, right? Do you have to memorize them all or can you look at the cards while you play, lol
    You play with a set card and it sits in front of you during game play. That is why we all love getting the new card. After a year with the same hands we are all ready for a change. And yes, you want to memorize the card so you know what others are playing and not throw a tile that they need.
    I will try and upload a picture of the card here. I am not so good a posting.

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    I used to play with my grandmom when I was a kid. I haven't played since then though. But I recently learned there's many variations to the game and a lot of people play it differently from others!
    Ooh, yeah it can totally vary family to family how to play, some people do the jumping-the-wall last tile thing and i dont know what purpose that serves and I forget to do it when I'm playing with my friends, but it's a thing that my family does when they play. and riichi mahjong is even more different than that, crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    If you wanted to make a guide on the basics of riichi mahjong, I'd love to see it. I'm going to download the game and see if I can fudge my way through it a few times to see if I'd like to continue playing.

Thank you for explaining it to me though!
    Ohh that's a great idea, should be easy enough in text without visual aid haha. There's definitely stuff the app doesn't teach you, it just kind of teaches you the basics of how to play, but you might be able to figure it out just messing around haha. I'll let you know when I've got a guide up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinon View Post
    I've always been interested in Mahjong and thought about picking up Mahjong Soul. However I dunno if my brain can handle learning more games. T_T
    its so fun though! but i understand. .... but if you DO decide to do a mahjong game, riichi city is way superior in QoL stuff and anime-waifu stuff, haha! Unless you got friends that play mahjong soul. thats the only reason I'd download it ag

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutface View Post
    You play with a set card and it sits in front of you during game play. That is why we all love getting the new card. After a year with the same hands we are all ready for a change. And yes, you want to memorize the card so you know what others are playing and not throw a tile that they need.
    I will try and upload a picture of the card here. I am not so good a posting.
    I see! Wow that adds so much more strategy to it, sounds so fun! In riichi mahjong people do count tiles and sus out which tiles their opponent needs to win- but i dont have the brain capacity for that so I can't do it 😂

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penumbra For This Useful Post:

Rinon (09-06-2023),Teakwood (09-06-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    @(you need an account to see links) Okay @__@ I've written out a basic guide to riichi mahjong in the first post! If you were interested. It's kind of a lot now that I look at it, lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to penumbra For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (09-07-2023)