8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m

Charity Corner 2023?

Has anyone heard anything about Charity Corner returning this year? I can't remember where I saw someone spoke as if they knew it was returning. People were screen shotting their SDB items where they had 600+ of the same item. But no one answered my question where they saw this piece of news. So, maybe someone can help me out and has more information on this.

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Fiore (08-16-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 10h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    According to today's (August 11) Neopian Times Editorial, a Charity Corner replacement event will be coming in the "near future".

Hi! First of all, congrats to the new team! My question is this. For many years in a row Charity Corner was held as a way to clean out junk items and it was a fun use for otherwise useless items, but 2020 was the last one and since then it disappeared on us. Is there any chance that Charity Corner or something similar will happen again or should we just throw away our little hoards of junk? ~wolfspirit00
    Hello! We know that there is quite a bit of Neopian junk that needs clearing out, and have been wanting to hold some type of cleanup event since last year. I can happily confirm that an event similar to Charity Corner, where you will be able to donate junk items in exchange for prize shop points, is coming in the near future! In addition to clearing out some of the junk around Neopia, this event will be combining Charity Corner functionality with another highly requested event featuring certain characters whose past our team has been raring to delve deeper into. So keep on stockpiling your towers of trash items for a little longer! ~Aesop

Notably, Aesop specifically mentioned a "donate for points" format, so it's unlikely that we'll see a return to the original Charity Corner format that included donating items in exchange for random items from a similar rarity range. (In other words, unlikely we'll see gambling for r99's.) Instead, it may be more akin to the 2020 Charity Corner format. But, since it's a new event, there's always room for surprise.

Per JellyNeo on the homepage.
    Last edited by Delibird; 08-16-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delibird For This Useful Post:

Fiore (08-16-2023),Ice (08-16-2023),Nyanobyte                      (08-16-2023),Rebel_Minx (08-16-2023),Teakwood (08-16-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Awesome! I have 40 pages of junk to get rid of in my SDB.

Most importantly, do we think this will lead to a new avatar?

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    102d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Well that sure is exciting o: does anyone have a bunch of junk I can buy for this? I haven't been keeping any junk at all lol x-x

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    714 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    Awesome! I have 40 pages of junk to get rid of in my SDB.

Most importantly, do we think this will lead to a new avatar?
    We will never know until it happens and we don’t know when that is. Other than the typical “soon”.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (08-16-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    We will never know until it happens and we don’t know when that is. Other than the typical “soon”.
    Well, I know that! I was just wondering if anyone wanted to speculate with me. Hehehehe. Plus, avatars have been leaked before, so was thinking maybe someone could find the leaked avatar or something. lol.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I'm guessing in the meantime just collect stuff from dailies, buy random junk, do battledome farming, buy snowballs from the healing springs, etc. Even if the event is a month+ from now you would have already accumulated a massive amount of high-rarity junk ready for donating.

But BATTLEDOME FARMING ESPECIALLY. Trust me, aside from codestones the junk tends to make nice donation fodder!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (08-16-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I'm gonna be honest, I haven't played neopets in so long until recently that I genuinely don't know what to do for charity corner, why it exists, and why I should care about it.
    Is it just really fun for everyone? Or is it profitable? Both?

I want to try it this year if it comes but I don't even know where to start learning about the event itself.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (08-16-2023)

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, I haven't played neopets in so long until recently that I genuinely don't know what to do for charity corner, why it exists, and why I should care about it.

I want to try it this year if it comes but I don't even know where to start learning about the event itself.
    it depends on how theyre doing it whether it's a point system that you turn in for prizes at the end or you getting an item back based off what you turned in of equal rarity. point shop obviously gonna depend on what is in the item pool if its profitable, but if its like faeries hope it might curb inflation on some items. however the give an item get an item function allowed ppl to fish for r99 r100 etc items

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (08-16-2023),Synth Salazzle (08-17-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post

I read this somewhere and I thought it made sense. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Charity Corner started off as a way for people to clear off junk.

The more people keep stuff, the more server bandwidth is used. People tend to hoard everything in their SDB and have thousands of copies. They don't discard or donate them (gets deleted). So Charity Corner was a way to get people to "delete" their items for points, rare items, and an avatar.

Hopefully we get to do it again! And if they brought back the rarity tier reward system, it would really help with inflation.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (08-17-2023)