33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m

Arrow Pokemon Go Trades/IV Re-Rolls Thread

With a few of us approaching high level of friendship in-game I thought it'd be cool to get a trade thread going! I'll run through a quick refresher on how trading works in Pokemon Go first.

Mods, I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Pokemon Trading section or the Pokemon Go section and decided to stick it in Go but please relocate to the Trading section if I got it wrong.

Pokemon Go Trade Mechanics

Pokemon Go trades are unique from the main games in that there are special limitations and stipulations within PoGo.

• Pokemon can be moved out of Go via Home, but Pokemon in Home cannot be moved to Go, even if the Pokemon was originally from Go. It's a one-way street with Go and Home.

• PoGo trades can only be completed between two users who are in-game friends with one another and are within 40 km of one another (which for our cK purposes means one of the two people will have to be comfortable spoofing to the other user's coordinates)

• Stardust is the currency used for trading; friendship levels and type of Pokemon being traded will dictate how much stardust a trade will cost. A trade will cost both players the same amount of stardust.

• Trades are categorized as either regular trades or special trades

• Regular trades are trades where both players 1) have the Pokemon they are receiving already registered in their 'Dex and 2) neither Pokemon being traded is legendary or shiny (even if you have the non-shiny form registered). An account can complete 100 regular trades per day.

• Special trades are trades involving legendary, shiny, purified, or Pokemon that the receiving player does not already have caught and registered in their Pokedex. Depending on friendship level, these trades can cost an extremely high amount of stardust. One special trade can only be made per day unless an event is happening that increases the limit.

• Events will sometimes lower the stardust cost of trades or increase the amount of special trades per day that can be completed. Below is a chart of the trading costs in the usual default state:

Per the chart above, two players who are Great Friends would each pay 800k in stardust to trade a legendary or shiny Pokemon where one of the two players does not already have the Pokemon they are receiving registered in their Pokedex. At the Ultra Friends level, the 800k stardust cost is reduced to 80k. Because of this, most players do not complete unregistered special trades until both players are at the Ultra Friends level.

• Pokemon have their IVs re-rolled when they get traded. A 100IV Pokemon is not guaranteed to retain its perfect 100 IVs upon being traded. Higher friendship level between the two players increases the chances of better IVs when trading.

• A Pokemon can only be traded one time within Go. A Pokemon traded to you cannot be traded again to new player.

• Pokemon have a chance of coming out of the trade as Lucky Pokemon. Lucky Pokemon will require less stardust to power up. Higher friendship levels between players = higher chance of a lucky trade.

Trading at cK

For trading among cK users, I propose we post our listings calling out the following, then follow up privately via DMs to coordinate. If there's enough interest we can also create a specific format for people to post their listings in.
    • Pokemon being offered and/or Pokemon wanted

• Whether or not you'll need the other player to come to you via spoofing or if you're able to go to them

• Whether you are interested in registered special trades only (20k stardust cost) or are willing to do unregistered trades (ranging from 40k - 1M stardust cost)

• Call out if you're just seeking IV re-roll (both players swap the same Pokemon in the hopes that their trash-IV shinies/legendaries wind up with better stats after being traded. Ax example, I did this with my garbage Galarian Zapdos and went from having a 44 IV Zapdos to a 95 IV lucky Zapdos)

okay I think that's it! @ me if I left something important out, please. I'll follow up with an edit soon on what Pokemon I have up for trades/IV re-rolls.

----

My Pokemon for trade

Seeking: Shinies from the Rockruff/Poochyena/Girafarig line, Galarian Moltres and Articuno, Reshiram, the Cosmog line, IV re-roll trades for any of my listed Pokemon. The Pokemon called out are all unregistered for me save for the Cosmog line, I just want a ton of Cosmogs

Offering for trade/IV swaps:

Shiny: Houndoom, Ponyta (Kanto & Galarian), Eevee, Kanto Articuno, Kanto Zapdos, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Galarian Zigzagzoon, Swablu and Altaria, Absol, Lopunny, Riolu and Lucario

Non-shiny: Kanto Articuno, Kanto Zapdos, Galarian Zapdos, Kanto Moltres, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Xerneas, Zygarde, Cosmog

if I have something you want please feel free to make other trade offers besides what I have on my Seeking list as well. I can travel to you. I'd prefer registered trades or Ultra Friends+ but again, feel free to hit me up regardless.
    Last edited by Alister; 08-03-2023 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added my Pokemon for trade!

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Buizel (08-03-2023),DarkSkies (08-03-2023),Jojijo4664 (2 Weeks Ago),Mothman (08-03-2023),omg.UFOs (08-03-2023),Strat (08-03-2023),Zenitsu (08-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Another cool tool that you can use if you are wanting to trade specific shiny Pokemon is (you need an account to see links) where you can check the shinies you have and save a 'Have' list (with images) and then also check the shinies you don't have (but want in return) to create a 'Wanted' list.

This is what I have so far for potential trade. Unsure of what I want yet, but feel free to send me offers and we can discuss more. Ideally, would like registered trades or Ultra+ friendship as I am low on stardust right now.
    Last edited by Strat; 08-03-2023 at 07:54 PM.
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

omg.UFOs (08-03-2023)

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Nice guide! Thank you! Is it possible the users looking to trade can pick a neutral coordinate instead of home locations? It might help with privacy.
    You know me Sweet! Cool as a Shaolin Monk!
    Timmy
    07-26-2023 Besties

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omg.UFOs For This Useful Post:

Alister (08-08-2023),Strat (08-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by omg.UFOs View Post
    Nice guide! Thank you! Is it possible the users looking to trade can pick a neutral coordinate instead of home locations? It might help with privacy.
    That's not a bad idea, as long as both parties spoof or the person who doesn't is willing to travel away from their home to receive the trade.
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Alister (08-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    alright 27 raids later I finally got a shiny Cresselia with deplorable IVs. If anyone is down to do a shiny Cress swap hmu =D

also if anyone wants a regular Cresselia hmu I have 26 of them. Not in a trade sense, just in a please take the flying croissants off my hand sense.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers