65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

[GUIDE] Cooldown Tips for PGSharp/Spoofing in Pokemon Go

Hey guys, lately I've seen a few more people start to get into PGSharp and spoofing on Pokémon Go here at clraik, so I thought I would compile this guide for those new to the scene in hopes that it helps you all avoid any soft (or in the worst case, hard) bans while doing so. More on soft/hard bans later.

First things first, what is PGSharp?

For those of you who are unaware of what PGSharp is, if you own an Android device, there is good news for you! PGSharp is a 3rd party version of the app Pokemon Go that allows you to use GPS spoofing and a joystick for walking to essentially 'travel' all around the world without needing to root your device to do so. You can also utilise some other functions, such as auto-hatching eggs, auto-transfer Pokémon after catching, shiny Pokémon 'scanner' and the list goes on. You can find it (you need an account to see links). There are two different versions, the free one and the paid one. The free version gives you access to the basic functions and allows you to 'try before you buy' some of the cool features. Obviously the paid version has a lot more functionality to it. See below for a comprehensive list of free vs. paid functions.

What is a cooldown?

Now, one of the key reasons people find themselves ending up with an potential ban is due to the fact that they have no idea how the cooldown period works. For example, you're using the app whilst chilling in the heart of New York and you check your 100IV feed to find that there is an epic rare Pokémon in Australia. You then 'teleport' or 'fly' to said Pokémon and catch it...this will then trigger a cooldown period.

The game uses your location to determine where you are at all times. It uses this information to track steps and to show you where Pokéstops and Pokémon are. Because users of PGSharp are able to move quickly from one area to the next, they have implemented a cooldown function. If you move a certain distance at any given time, you will be unable to spin Pokéstops or catch Pokémon until the cooldown stops. If you continue to attempt to do those actions within the cooldown period, you run the risk of your account getting banned. Respecting the cooldown is the easiest way to minimise your account getting flagged or banned. It's always best to err on the side of caution when teleporting and dealing with cooldowns.

Here is a list of how long you have to wait given the distance you are teleporting from and to, as well as a list of actions that may trigger a cooldown.

What does getting soft-banned mean?

There are different methods the game developers use to stop people from playing the game how it was not intended to be played (cheating, essentially). A soft ban means that you account isn't permanently banned and you are still able to play the game but won't be able to do certain functions for a certain time, such as spinning Pokéstops or catching Pokémon. Any Pokémon you encounter will always flee and Pokestops will give the Try Again Later message.

What does getting hard-banned mean?

Niantic uses a 3-strike rule. If you cheat or otherwise break their game policies you get 2 temporary restrictions or bans before your account is permanently banned. You can read more about the actions they take during those restrictions (you need an account to see links).

PGSharp has added a cooldown timer function as a way to show you how long you need to wait before you can catch Pokémon or spin Pokéstops after a teleport or an action that triggers a cooldown. Sometimes moving quickly if you're walking or running will give you a small timer as well. The best way to not get account restrictions is to use this tool and be respectful of it. Too many occasions of disrespecting the cooldown will get your account potentially banned.

Personally, I have been using PGSharp for over 2.5 years now without one single soft or hard ban notice. As long as you follow the cooldown rules religiously, you should be golden! If you have any further queries about how to use certain functions of the app or any concerns on what to do in general while using it, post below and I will do my best to help out
    Last edited by Strat; 07-23-2023 at 07:12 AM.
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Alister (07-25-2023),Ariealle (12-25-2023),DarkSkies (07-23-2023),Excalibur (01-21-2024),Ice (07-24-2023),John Cena (07-23-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Mothman (08-14-2023),omg.UFOs (07-23-2023),RadLapras (07-25-2023),Slowpoke (08-08-2023),Sqork (09-21-2023)

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Just what I needed! I have an Iphone, but I think I can use Bluestacks.
    You know me Sweet! Cool as a Shaolin Monk!
    Timmy
    07-26-2023 Besties

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omg.UFOs For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Strat (07-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by omg.UFOs View Post
    Just what I needed! I have an Iphone, but I think I can use Bluestacks.
    I would recommend Mumu Player over Bluestacks. It seems to be able to run PGSharp a lot smoother. The only issue I had with both though was the fact that I could only log into a PTC account and was not able to use gmail or facebook logins Let me know how you go!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023)

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I will probably just use Mumu. Bluestacks is making life difficult.

Update:
    Mumu Player confirmed working for me!
    Just a tip: If you install Mumu for PGSharp, download the APK to your PC first then upload it to the Emulator. Had some minor issues with that but got it going!

I'm going to just cheat on this account and send it to my main!
    Last edited by omg.UFOs; 07-24-2023 at 12:08 AM. Reason: becavause I cant spekk
    Timmy
    07-26-2023 Besties

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omg.UFOs For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),Slowpoke (08-08-2023),Strat (07-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Awesome news, glad you got it sorted, it honestly changes Pokémon Go for the better imo.

Another tip if people struggle to get this to work with Mumu player, when downloading PGSharp .apk file from the website, try either the ARMv7 or ARM64 versions under "looking for other downloads" section. They seem to be a bit more stable when used in the emulators.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),omg.UFOs (07-23-2023)

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Thank you again for making this guide! I've been playing Pokemon GO way more, I got comfortable enough to play my main. Now I can catch Pokemon that have been out of reach for months!
    Timmy
    07-26-2023 Besties

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omg.UFOs For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),DarkSkies (07-25-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by omg.UFOs View Post
    Thank you again for making this guide! I've been playing Pokemon GO way more, I got comfortable enough to play my main. Now I can catch Pokemon that have been out of reach for months!
    You're most welcome, just remember to always follow that cooldown!

Also, another tip right now, maybe avoid trying to follow routes while using PGSharp, a lot of people have been copping 7 day temp bans/warnings after auto-walking the set Routes that have started popping up as part of one of the research tasks. Give the devs of PGSharp a few days/weeks to get on top of it and make sure things are safe in that regard!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023),omg.UFOs (07-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    This is really tempting me to go back to my old pokecheating ways - I haven't played since 2018 though, I'd be so far behind.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    This is really tempting me to go back to my old pokecheating ways - I haven't played since 2018 though, I'd be so far behind.

Just think of how much there would be for you to achieve though, endless opportunities

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat View Post
    You're most welcome, just remember to always follow that cooldown!

Also, another tip right now, maybe avoid trying to follow routes while using PGSharp, a lot of people have been copping 7 day temp bans/warnings after auto-walking the set Routes that have started popping up as part of one of the research tasks. Give the devs of PGSharp a few days/weeks to get on top of it and make sure things are safe in that regard!
    Thank you, something I found out is my speed was 18km/h, which is over 10 miles an hour.. That seemed slightly quick so I took it down to a more normal walking speed (about 4.6km). I noticed the autowalk rout lines go through buildings, unless im able to suddenly fly that seemed impossible so I try to set my own rout lines that follow what should be the sidewalk and crossing streets, stopping walking when catching pokemon. Auto buying from Neopets prepared me for this! Haha! always bot as humanly as possible!
    Timmy
    07-26-2023 Besties

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omg.UFOs For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-25-2023),Kisses (12-27-2023)