96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m

Its cold here - People in winter unite

So while everyone is getting excited about summer, I thought I made a post where us that are in icy winter can posts

Uts freezing here. Yesterday it was the coldest day ever recorded in South Africa according to the weather service.
    Our cars don't have a garage they just stand outside. The one is mostly in the shade. It only started unfreezing at 9am in the morning.

Today is a bit better but still freezing!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-11-2023),Excalibur (07-12-2023),kittyray (07-11-2023),Lilac Tentacles (07-11-2023),♥ pppp3 ♥ (07-11-2023),Teakwood (07-11-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    God I miss winter .

My thighs weren't built for this kind of heat

Thank you Hellraid <3

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (07-11-2023),kittyray (07-11-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    i'm so glad i love in the subtropics!! winters here are lovely.. but it does get quite cold at night. it's summer you have to worry about - so wet and humid it's like hot mouldy soup for 2 months lmao. driving halfway down the country to melbourne this week though, and after living there for 5 years and leaving i can tell you i DO NOT miss those grey depressing FREEZING winters... especially bc aussie houses just aren't built for the cold, we have nothing on euro/ US builds... you guys build for the cold... my house doesn't even have insulation in the roof or floor! cold cold cold
    you can call me pix

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Here it's summer and I think the lowest winter I had is 0 C degrees with temperature sense of -2 C, this alone it's difficult for me to withstand (yeah I'm sorry I'm a cold chicken sue me lol) though I know that's nothing compared to the winters of many of you.

I imagine you get snow there @(you need an account to see links)? I'm always intrigued about how much lifestyle changes under very cold conditions, simple stuff like driving or keeping your house entries/roofs without snow.

How is it for you?

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Here it's summer and I think the lowest winter I had is 0 C degrees with temperature sense of -2 C, this alone it's difficult for me to withstand (yeah I'm sorry I'm a cold chicken sue me lol) though I know that's nothing compared to the winters of many of you.

I imagine you get snow there @(you need an account to see links)? I'm always intrigued about how much lifestyle changes under very cold conditions, simple stuff like driving or keeping your house entries/roofs without snow.

How is it for you?

Actually snow is scares in South Africa.... but this week snow have been falling in large parts of the country. Not where I am here we are just sitting, freezing with temperatures that went to -6C very very cold.
    So its definitely un usual wether for us

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    Actually snow is scares in South Africa.... but this week snow have been falling in large parts of the country. Not where I am here we are just sitting, freezing with temperatures that went to -6C very very cold.
    So its definitely un usual wether for us
    Well we're not that far on weather then, snow in Mexico it's also very very rare and if it happens it's only on the north part.

On those cold days sun and a cup of coffee are your best friends definitely (not me taking sun baths )

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

phantasia (07-11-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    *laughs in Canadian where it regularly gets below -30°C in the winter*

Oh you have no idea.

I personally love winter. I love the crunch the snow makes under my boots, I love how quiet the world is during snowstorms, and I love how the sun shines off of the snow. I just love the cold. I HATE being hot. I’m gladly looking forward to our first snowfall which will be likely October or early November.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    God I miss winter .

My thighs weren't built for this kind of heat
    LMFAO I felt that. My thunder thighs hate the summer and they just gobble my shorts up 🥲😭

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (07-12-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I can think Canada is very cold.

The problem here is that we are not set-up for it. Our houses are not properly insolated. We personally are ok we have like a coal fire place as well as solar power but many people actually use electricity and South Africa in some areas have up to 8 hours of rolling blackouts at the mooment. Even with back-up power heaters are impossible to run without a big financial impact. We are also hopelessly unprepared for the impact is it having on the homeless. I just hopes it heats up very soon

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    *laughs in Canadian where it regularly gets below -30°C in the winter*

Oh you have no idea.

I personally love winter. I love the crunch the snow makes under my boots, I love how quiet the world is during snowstorms, and I love how the sun shines off of the snow. I just love the cold. I HATE being hot. I’m gladly looking forward to our first snowfall which will be likely October or early November.

- - - Updated - - -

LMFAO I felt that. My thunder thighs hate the summer and they just gobble my shorts up 🥲😭
    I went to Canada on the past and it was the colder summer (damn it wasn't even winter!) I ever experienced lol I didn't check temperature back then.

But I do respect you because your winters are a different world for tropical people, I'm just not so used to extreme weather haha

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    here in the Chi i personally like the winters. i dont need to keep up with AC Freon etc in my cars since theyre poopboxes.

summer gets hot but again i hate it cause my truck and my bmw poopbox do not have AC lol

winter is better by far and this is coming from your tropical thai boi