10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovescats View Post
    Here are 2 more pictures. @(you need an account to see links) would you consider these kitschy also lol? I got these at an estate sale also for 5 bucks each I think.
    (you need an account to see links)
    Oop sorry, I never saw these! I don't think they quite hit the kitsch sweet spot, but they're great drawings!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Jesuslovescats (08-05-2023)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    22h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Recently went thrifting with my aunt when I went up to visit her and my uncle. Found a really nice vintage button up floral green dress with short sleeves and a scalloped collar that fit me like it was made for me. Also ended up grabbing some black candles and a couple of candlesticks with grapes on them that are likely silver plated, but need a good scrub.

The same day, I went to Grocery Outlet Bargain Market for the first time ever in my life and I'm a little upset I'd never been there before, otherwise I would have saved SO much money.

My mom hates thrifting, but I love it. She grew up raised by people who survived the Great Depression, so as a result she only ever got hand-me-downs. I believe in giving good condition used items a second chance for the sake of the planet.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    i go thrifting at least once a month - we have lots of flea markets around (estate and garage sales not so much) but i usually pick up a little something, even if it's just another trinket for the collection.
    (think: cheap quartzes and rough cut gems for like, 3$ a pop or another skull / pinned insect for way less than standard price)

imo, you find a lot of trash/things in awful condition for the price they're asking, but sometimes you just snoop by the right seller that has 50-ish different things buried in a heap on three different tables, LOL. i picked up a copper engraving for my room for a solid 10$ that resells for 60$, which was lucky! other than that, i picked up a cartridge for pokemon silver for $20 bucks, with an almost pristine intact label and a copy of pokemon red for $5, because it had been graced by a golden permanent marker. took forever to get that off, but they're looking so good!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

This was by far my best thrift shop find. It wasn't in a frame when I bought it for $20 bucks so I took it to get it framed/restored and the lady said this piece of one of a kind. I think it's majestic, reminds me of Don Quijote.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeh For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (12-15-2023),DarkSkies (09-10-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Here there’s a really cool thrift shop and next door is an antique shop. I absolutely love going there but end up spending money I shouldn’t. Almost like a target trip 🤣 I’ll post some pics of my finds tomorrow after I leave there!