Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with planning a friend's birthday party?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I guess it really depends how old the group of people are. Personally, I'd probably start at a bar, maybe go bar hopping for a bit and find somewhere with some live music to enjoy.
    Eventually wander back to the hotel and get some food and continue the festivities of the night. maybe find a good movie to watch, find some games to play.

I'm not really sure what I'd do if the whole selling point of the party was to do things in the hotel room. I guess the same thing you could do at somebody's house but in a space thats different?
    What kind of group of going? What do they like to do?
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4d 16h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Like everyone else said it all depends on what you guys are like and into. I personally like quieter parties, some low calm music in the background so everyone can engage and chat and stuff still. I really value the ability to connect with people, or be a part of a group that is connecting, that way, versus something like loud music and dancing.

My friends and I use to get together and do cribbage tournaments. There were always a lot more than 6 folks but I bet you could do some sort of fun competition between all of you with cribbage (I just LOVE cribbage lol but there are a ton of other old lady card games that are fun). Another fun board game is Munchkins. I had so much fun playing this late at night with my friends.

If you guys are wanting alcohol I'd set up a small little area for a bar and have different things for mixers. I personally dont drink so I'd make sure I could have different fun drinks. I like to mix flavored sparkling water with bottled juices from Trader Joe's. They have this lightly flavored grapefruit drink juice and lime juice thing (I am such a hoe a for Trader Joe's).

Oh I almost forgot it's a BIRTHDAY! You have to have a cake and time for a song and presents .

I really hope you guys have fun. You're going to be out in a new place in a (hopefully) cool new hotel so I would try not to stress too hard, if you're the type to do so that is. It will be fun just by being somewhere new and being with good friends!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    163d 13h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    I agree with alot of what's been said already.

Depends on the age and the person's interests.

We threw a bachelor party for my husband's best friend and when we talked about paying for everyone flights to go to Vegas they didn't react the way we thought they would.
    So instead we hosted them at our house planned a fishing charter trip, hair cut service for all of us and got drunk watching movies.

I think in the end it's more about just being with your people than it is about what you do. So I'd say go with your gut on it.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    That's so lovely, I hope you guys have an awesome time!

What would be ideal to me in terms of celebrating in a hotel room would be lots of yummy snacks and drinks, decorations, and some games to play. I'd probably bring my Nintendo Switch or Xbox and set it up in the hotel if possible (some hotel TVs are harder to work with than others, but you can usually find a work around). Card games and board games would be nice too. I think it would be fun but also relaxing after a day of celebrating!

Just something to consider, and totally depends if you guys have more or less energy haha. As an introvert the relaxation after a day out would be perfect!
    Good luck planning the party!

.・✿ cherry blossom ✿・.
    ᴄᴜsᴛᴏᴍ ᴜsᴇʀʙᴀʀ ʙʏ (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocobutter For This Useful Post:

Jesuslovescats (06-25-2023)