DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    My thoughts on this also is that they must not even have had time to realise what was about to happen before the sub imploded on itself. it must have been so fast that they didn't have time to react. It's truly tragic, but infuriating that the CEO knew the risks and how unsafe it was despite having the email exchange with that engineer and his warnings against it.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    My thoughts on this also is that they must not even have had time to realise what was about to happen before the sub imploded on itself. it must have been so fast that they didn't have time to react. It's truly tragic, but infuriating that the CEO knew the risks and how unsafe it was despite having the email exchange with that engineer and his warnings against it.
    Absolutely, at that depth and pressure, the implosion would have occurred in a matter of seconds. And when they say implosion, they mean the sub that could hold 6 people, compresses into the size of a basketball or less in a matter of seconds. It's scary how much pressure there is at that depth and what it can do.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Absolutely, at that depth and pressure, the implosion would have occurred in a matter of seconds. And when they say implosion, they mean the sub that could hold 6 people, compresses into the size of a basketball or less in a matter of seconds. It's scary how much pressure there is at that depth and what it can do.
    That is incredibly terrifying. To be in the depths of the ocean with no way communicating to the surface, and all you can hear are the creaks of the carbon fibre, only then realising something is very very wrong.

The sound of creaking carbon fibre. Imagine that's the last thing you hear before implosion. Awful D:

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i cannot believe one of my threads went this far. i love this ! while i was away yall had so much ammo to bring to this. once i heard it imploded i was questioning why the guard was saying the stuff about the 30 min interval noise they heard. some sus things about that but eitherway hopefully they dont hire another person. cant believe not even a week later thats posted.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Especially since they're now reporting the Navy having "heard" the implosion mere hours into the sub's dive.

The debris is being brought back now, some brutal photos out there of the wreck.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I only just know saw that there was a thread on this. I was following the whole thing. I was hoping that they'd be found alive - the news gave us so much hope etc
    It is incredibly sad, goes to show when you sign a waiver it's true you can sign your life away..
    I love the movie Titanic but there's no way I'd risk going down to see the wreck. I don't even like the pressure you get and risks associates with Scuba diving.
    It sounds bad but it kinds fascinates me that when they died they were reduced to a molecular level it says - so not bodies to bury or return which is awful but at least they had no realization or pain.
    Very interested (and sad) the whole thing ..

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yeah... those photos are really hard to look at.