65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I feel you over the gratitude of seeing Linkin Park. I only saw them once at Projekt Revolution in 2007. I begged my mom to let me go and she could have so easily barred me, but the timing never worked out for me to see them again, and I'm just...really grateful she let me go and I had the chance to see them.
    Yeah I was gutted when I heard the news that Chester was gone, such a sad story from a seemingly loving and (on the outside) happy individual. Such amazing talent that we will more than likely, never see anything like again.
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    So I saw Gang of Youths (my favourite band) twice last year. Once down in melbs where I was on the barrier and had Dave jump down into the crowd in front of me. Thought I'd peaked there. Then went to see them at a festival up near Brissy and I was very stupid and didn't eat that whole day, so ended up getting a bit dizzy towards the end of their set. Long story short, seccy's got me out of the crowd and backstage just as they were coming off, Dave noticed and asked if I was doing alright. Slightly embarrassing for my pride, but well worth it. they were also probably unfortunately the last concert i really enjoyed fully. etiquette gone so downhill recently

not sure how many Gang of Youth fans around here but pics from melb anyway:

also matty healy and i had some pretty intense eye contact at a recent 1975 concert, so idk pretty sure he's like in love with me or smth

was that worth it?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat View Post
    Yeah I was gutted when I heard the news that Chester was gone, such a sad story from a seemingly loving and (on the outside) happy individual. Such amazing talent that we will more than likely, never see anything like again.
    Seriously. I also had this weird...humanizing moment when I realized that he was the same age as my brother and that his kids were around the same age as my niblings. I think that's something we, as a society in general, have started to learn from celebrity suicides in the past decade or so, idk, I don't want to turn this conversation too grim. I couldn't listen to Linkin Park for a while after because the songs just hit so much harder.

I was gonna share a picture from the concert I saw, but the ones I have are laughably terrible quality.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    @(you need an account to see links) That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that you've been able to go back to Japan and indulge your addiction again, haha. Traveling to see shows never gets any less exciting, even if it's just in another city. The only other country I've traveled to for the sake of a concert is when I've gone to Canada to see shows in Vancouver, but it's so close to me that it doesn't feel quite so international. Lots of my favorite bands are European and it's a dream of mine to go to a festival Wacken Open Air or M'era Luna... fingers crossed it happens sooner than later.

@(you need an account to see links) So jealous of your concert portfolio lol, so many people I'd love to see live... especially Linkin Park. 💔 When you see Evanescence come back here and tell us about how it was! They've been on my list forever.

@(you need an account to see links) I feel you on etiquette going down hill... I have hope that it'll get better in the next couple of years. The younger people who never really got to see shows because of the pandemic will learn how to act, and the older people who've been cutting loose will get it together as the novelty of going out wears off. Or at least that's what the optimist in me is hoping. There's also something really crazy about when you get acknowledged by a performer... You know them, you've been listening to them, and suddenly there's this moment where they know you exist. Maybe that's fake deep of me but it always trips me out, haha.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    I love this story! I ADORED Nick in particular growing up and got to see JB live at Music Midtown festival in 2021. It was so great and like a childhood dream come true hahaha!!! I love that you got to meet him IRL! I would've been so embarrassingly uncool probably.
    I'm probably going to see the Jonas Brothers in Austin Texas this September and it would be so fkn nice to experience all their albums live in one night!!!
    I've never seen them live (IDK Why tbh) haha

But I'm pretty excited. My bf is moving to Austin so I guess I'll be visiting more often. Never been to TX tho

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (06-21-2023),Slowpoke (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that you've been able to go back to Japan and indulge your addiction again, haha. Traveling to see shows never gets any less exciting, even if it's just in another city. The only other country I've traveled to for the sake of a concert is when I've gone to Canada to see shows in Vancouver, but it's so close to me that it doesn't feel quite so international. Lots of my favorite bands are European and it's a dream of mine to go to a festival Wacken Open Air or M'era Luna... fingers crossed it happens sooner than later.
    I hope you'll get to go one day, too!
    I like a lot of niche stuff, and on top of that, I live in a remote small country that nothing ever gets to unless it's huge (which ofc will never happen with my niche hobbies lol). So I kinda have to travel far for it, but it's totally worth it each and every time

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm going to see Blink-182 this Friday I've never seen them live and I was listening to them on my way to work and the thought crossed my mind of me saying "this is one of the few bands, if not THE band, I regret not ever getting to see live". I get to work and check my news feeds and find out the band got back together and will tour so that was obviously a sign lol.

As far as concert stories, I studied abroad in Japan in college and went to a hip hop show with a friend and it was so fun, but after the show, we hung out with one of the guys in one of the groups because he spoke some English and thought we were cool because we said we were from California. It was fun talking to him and we took a picture and he was like "oh throw up for the West Side!!" so the picture was the 3 of us looking like gangstas with the West Side hand signs lmao. It's cool to meet people like that and have conversations about subcultures that you don't really expect to hear about or actually meet!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-21-2023),Ice (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    @(you need an account to see links) That's awesome! The stars really aligned, haha. At the risk of sounding corny, it's so cool how music can bring people from all over the world together. Last summer while I was hiking mountains in Kyrgyzstan, a German guy passed by me and recognized my band tee, so we just stopped and chatted about metal for a bit, just in the middle of nowhere.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    In 2014 I saw Death Grips live for the first time and I thought it was going to be the last night of my life.
    I am seeing them in September of this year, so hyped, I never thought I would get the chance, 2014 would have been insane.

Best show of my life is probably Deftones White Pony Tour with a very young GlassJaw in '99. I've seen a million shows since then and this one still sticks out to me.

In recently months I stumbled upon a show from an amazing Nu metal band from New Delhi, India called Bloodywood. Been telling everyone to check them out!
    real men play neopets

13. The Following User Says Thank You to feign For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Grew up in a small town, but for our high school graduation we were all able to go to Grad Night at Universal in Orlando.

My Chemical Romance had just come out with Black Parade and they were my first concert.
    This was my first mosh pit, for what high schoolers could manage.

I was terrified and my friend saw the panic and threw me over his shoulder, carrying me out of the crowd.

10/10 would enjoy the concert from the back of the crowd again.