Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Newest Movie You watched in theaters (not streaming)?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Last movie in theaters was Thor: Love and Thunder when I was in Kyrgyzstan last summer. Because of the war the usual Russian language dub actors weren't reprising their roles so they got the B team I guess, and it was... not good, lol. Before that the last one I saw was Spider-man: No Way Home. Theaters are just so expensive and I guess I prefer older stuff most of the time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Unpopular opinion maybe, but I fucking HATE going to the movie theatre now, especially after COVID. People are always talking, on their phones, etc. It gets on my nerves. I've noticed a lot of people have lost common sense and etiquette the last few years.

That and the prices of movie tickets and concessions has always been outrageous, but now even more so. A large popcorn at Cineplex is like $9? Movie tickets for adults here are $14-$16 each usually. So a movie night out is easily $100 if there are more than two of you. Its just stupid..

With that being said, the last movie I saw in theatres was Beau is Afraid. I personally really enjoyed it, albeit it is a very strange film. Ari Aster is known for being different, though. Joaquin Phoenix absolutely slayed in this role. He portrays his character so well that it feels so real and you become very attached to his character. The film itself is quite long at nearly 3 hours, and has subject matter that isn't for everyone, but I say if you enjoy psychological films, go for it.
    I'm not sure if your okay with this but me and my family always snuck in our own candy from the dollar tree under our clothes. There was no way in hell we we're gonna pay $5+ for the same bag/box of candy we can get at the dollar tree for at minimum $1.25. The only thing we bought was one large popcorn (For my parents) and two drinks (One for my parents to share and one for me - even then I wouldn't finish it so I'd give it to my dad) and get refills before we left.

But yeah my family and all always sneak in candy, chips or something to munch on to save a few bucks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    83d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I'm not sure if your okay with this but me and my family always snuck in our own candy from the dollar tree under our clothes. There was no way in hell we we're gonna pay $5+ for the same bag/box of candy we can get at the dollar tree for at minimum $1.25. The only thing we bought was one large popcorn (For my parents) and two drinks (One for my parents to share and one for me - even then I wouldn't finish it so I'd give it to my dad) and get refills before we left.

But yeah my family and all always sneak in candy, chips or something to munch on to save a few bucks
    I mean who doesn’t sneak stuff in - but popcorn is something you can’t sneak in lol. And it still doesn’t negate the fact that the prices at theatres are super high.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    I mean who doesn’t sneak stuff in - but popcorn is something you can’t sneak in lol. And it still doesn’t negate the fact that the prices at theatres are super high.
    Yeah. I think if I'm gonna pay alot for popcorn my idea would be go to a theater like Studio Movie Grill and get an actual plate of food. Most of the time I don't eat popcorn and I could get a platter of fries for cheaper than their popcorn and don't have to worry about a corn kernal getting stuck in the back of my throat/teeth

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-14-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    558d 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    One time as a teenager my friends and I managed to sneak ice cream we'd gotten at the food court in, like not even a lidded container, we were so proud.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I remember this time when I was sneaking snacks and soda with my friends. Anyway one of my friends was responsible for a 2lt bottle of soda (don't blame us we were very young haha)

So the person keeping guard at theater see us and say "Are you hiding food?"

Us "No sir!"

Guard "Then what's that?"

Proceeds to signal my friends backpack dripping with soda lol

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-14-2023),Rebel_Minx (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I recently had the WORST experience at the movie theater. Fiancé and I went to go see Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse and there were some teenage girls sitting behind us laughing about stuff on their phones and just being loud and then they THREW POPCORN AT US

I was so mad I had to get up and find someone who works there to report it. I have never experienced anything like that before and it was extremely disrespectful.

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    omg I haven't been to a theater since before the pandemic, so for me it's Parasite, lmao. I really want to get back to going to theaters, but idk it's going to be a while before I'm comfortable going to a tightly-packed place like that.
    For me, it isn't exactly packed in the theaters. We only went to one movie that was packed, every seat, and it was The Little Mermaid! But for sure, I totally understand! They do seat reservations as well so we can sit away from people if applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Uma View Post
    I watched the Pope's Exorcist and it was actually pretty good, broke away from the traditional scary movie formula. Good mix of scary and just make-fun-of-itself funny.

See, I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it... I was 50/50 on it. I guess I shall wait until it streams somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Oh! The newest movie I seen was actually on Sunday
    Guardians of the Galaxy 3. I haven't seen the 1st or 2nd one, but I went as I wanted to take my brother. He LOVES Guardians of the Galaxy and he was so excited lol

But oh my word that movie made me crrrry lol
    I really loved it! So now I need to watch the other two
    My mom hasn't seen any of the previous movies either, so she had no emotional connection to the plot, but she really loved the movie! We will be watching the others as we own all of the Marvel movies! I cried so much in the movie! Such a good movie!

Quote Originally Posted by billytiddles View Post
    Last one I saw was the Super Mario Bros movie... Was certainly not what I expected in terms of a storyline lol

This video sums it up pretty well

OMG I saw it in 3D and it was amazing! I laughed so hard. I am not a Jack Black fan but I hardly even noticed it was him until one of the songs he sung! But definitely a movie we will buy on Vudu!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Oh wow.. I wanna say the last time I went to the theater was to see the recent Thor; Love and Thunder. I haven't been to the theaters since (Even though I really wanna see the new Guardian of the Galaxy). I miss the theaters man
    That is a good movie!!!!! And I definitely believe you should go see Guardians of the Galaxy 3!

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I fucking HATE going to the movie theatre now, especially after COVID. People are always talking, on their phones, etc. It gets on my nerves. I've noticed a lot of people have lost common sense and etiquette the last few years.

That and the prices of movie tickets and concessions has always been outrageous, but now even more so. A large popcorn at Cineplex is like $9? Movie tickets for adults here are $14-$16 each usually. So a movie night out is easily $100 if there are more than two of you. Its just stupid..

With that being said, the last movie I saw in theatres was Beau is Afraid. I personally really enjoyed it, albeit it is a very strange film. Ari Aster is known for being different, though. Joaquin Phoenix absolutely slayed in this role. He portrays his character so well that it feels so real and you become very attached to his character. The film itself is quite long at nearly 3 hours, and has subject matter that isn't for everyone, but I say if you enjoy psychological films, go for it.
    Yeah, the perk of the Unlimited Movie Subscription is I only pay $18.99 a month and I can see as many movies as I want. And we get 20% off discount of drinks and snacks. But, momma and I never buy food there. We always get a free popcorn and smuggle in our own drinks and snacks! So, we save so much money! I stopped buying concessions a looooooong time ago. We always seem to get a free small popcorn coupon or rack up enough points to get a small free popcorn!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Purrson View Post
    I recently had the WORST experience at the movie theater. Fiancé and I went to go see Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse and there were some teenage girls sitting behind us laughing about stuff on their phones and just being loud and then they THREW POPCORN AT US

I was so mad I had to get up and find someone who works there to report it. I have never experienced anything like that before and it was extremely disrespectful.
    Holy moly!!!! Teens are the worst sometimes! not all, but man, some sure do know how to ruin an experience!

I had no idea this post would blow up like this but hell yeah! We always get just popcorn because movie theaters always have the best popcorn around!

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Uma (06-14-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    ive seen transformers:

super mario:

and lastly the new spiderman miles movie:

all of which have been a thrill ride. its so cool growing up and seeing the games and shows we grew up on finally big leagues.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    558d 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    For me, it isn't exactly packed in the theaters. We only went to one movie that was packed, every seat, and it was The Little Mermaid! But for sure, I totally understand! They do seat reservations as well so we can sit away from people if applicable.
    At this point it's probably hypocritical because I've flown a bunch in the past two years, but Long COVID terrifies me (I've had similar shit after other viral infections that low-key fucked up my life, so I'm pretty much guaranteed a bad time). Things like flying are unavoidable sometimes, but stuff like theaters and concerts aren't necessary and aren't worth the risk for me.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB