67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 15h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m

Altador Cup 2023 FAQ

Hello everyone. As you all know, each year Joe and Bat work their hardest on their AC bot for the entirety of the Altador Cup's duration. Meaning, for an entire month, it's constant effort from them to make sure we have an up to date program that assists us in meeting our own AC goals.

However, we do have to note that this process takes time to implement, considering they're working and testing on a live system. So, this guide/FAQ will serve as a space to answer some common question that may arise about the Altador Cup. Please be sure to read the questions and answers below to possibly see if your question hasn't already been answered.

If you have any additional questions in relation to the Altador Cup Score Sender, please be sure to review this board and ask if you don't see an answer: (you need an account to see links)

I hope this guide serves you all well, and that it helps takes some weight off the everyone's shoulders.

This section will house general questions outside of the below categories.

Q: Where can I find the AC score sender?
    A: Thanks to the hard work and dedication offered by @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links), clraik does offer a program that assists you through the Altador Cup!

From Joe's words to describe the program:

"For those of you who are familiar with score sending, I bring you a more advanced version of botting for the Altador Cup.
    This program is made to handle multiple accounts running score senders at once. You may set a time for it to start, stop, repeat and how many games to play per account.
    This program is capable of sending for Yooyuball, Make Some Noise, Slushie Slinger, and Shootout Showdown.
    "

You can find it (you need an account to see links), and you do require VIP in order to gain access to use it, so keep that in mind. If you have any questions about this program, please be sure to ask it on that board.

Q: Is the program updated for the year?
    A: Throughout the month of June, Joe and Bat work to update the SSer constantly and consistently to make sure we all have an enjoyable experience. In order to perform the work and updates that they need, the games first need to be live to account for any changes that may have been applied by TNT.

All updates regarding this program are handled in the board referenced before. They will post there letting us all know if they updated the score sender for the year. If you don't see an update or post from them, then it's safe to assume that an update hasn't applied yet.

At the current time of writing this guide, the SSer has been updated for the year 2023, so have fun playing!

Q: Can I join team CK, and if so, how?
    A: You would read the board (you need an account to see links) and follow the instructions on how to submit your application for review to join the team. If approved, you'll have access to know the team we support for the year and use the SS as well. Be mindful that not all applicants will be approved and your chances of approval are dependent on how active and engaging you are with the community. Joe's post goes more in depth about it, but don't take it personal if you happen to not be accepted. There's always next year!

Q: I got accepted! Can I tell my friends?
    A: We're glad to have you on the team! But, please don't share any information about the team CK chose or hints/theories on who we chose. This includes not speaking about it in our official Discord, Neopets Chat Forum/Subgroups, Neoboards, ect. Once accepted, you will see a designated board where you can discuss our team activity.

Q: What is everyone's score in XXX? What's your account's current rank?
    A: Unless someone feels like sharing this information themselves in their own post without prior asking, don't ask this. This is a public board and people lurk here all the time to match up scores to accounts and report them. Furthermore, this is information you do not need to know about another's account. I mean this as kind as possible, but don't go digging for information from members of the community.

Q: Will the bot tell me about any important info such as updates or information related to the cup?
    A: No. This is information you can review on ck (this board), Neopets, and Jellyneo (cup related news). It's always a golden rule to know what you yourself are botting for before even attempting to do so. Please use your normal sources for news related to any updates or such regarding the cup.

This section will house common questions related to the Altador Cup as an event.

This section will go over how ranks are calculated and broken down. Additionally, it'll also go over how you can calculate your total number of points that you accumulate while playing through the event.

Q: How do I calculate my rank/points then?
    A: Points are awarded for each game as followed:

12 points per YYB win
    35 games to max per day
    12 (points) x 35 (games) = 420 points (1 day of max YYB games)

6 points per SLSL game
    65 games to max per day
    6 (points) x 65 (games) = 390 points (1 day of max SLSL)

1 point per MSN/SOSD game (they both give 1 point for every game)
    301 games to max per day
    1 x 301 = 301 points (1 day of max MSN)
    1 x 301 = 301 points (1 day of max SOSD)
    So in total that's 602 points

Example of score calculation:

Imagine these are the total number of games I played for the AC:

350 YYB Games - 4,200 points
    350 SLSL Games - 2,100 points
    2000 MSN Games - 2,000 points
    2000 SOSD Games - 2,000 points
    ----------------------------------
    Total = 10,300 points / 13,200 points

So, my current rank is All-Star because I'm over 6,600 points, but I'm not a Double All-Star because I'm not over 13,200 points.

Q: Now that the event is over, what do I do with all my points?
    A: Hey, congrats on getting through the Altador Cup! Now take those points you earned and make sure to use them (you need an account to see links). Be mindful that the prize shop typically stays open until the next AC rolls around next summer. So, don't feel rushed to immediately redeem prizes. You'll usually have about a year or so to decide.

Credits:

Last edited by Buizel; 06-12-2023 at 12:33 AM. Reason: updating bye days

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

• The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-09-2023),billytiddles (06-07-2023),brfl (06-09-2023),BryanCranston (06-07-2023),Cherubi (06-10-2023),Cinnamoroll (06-07-2023),Crooked (06-12-2023),DarkSkies (06-07-2023),Demetri (06-07-2023),Ember (06-08-2023),Excalibur (06-07-2023),feign (06-15-2023),Geras (06-07-2023),Hawaiian (06-07-2023),Houndoom (06-07-2023),♥ hugosasso ♥ (06-28-2023),Ice (06-07-2023),Iwallet (06-07-2023),j03 (06-07-2023),John Cena (06-07-2023),kittyray (06-07-2023),KJiU (06-07-2023),♥ LibraryFaerie ♥ (06-07-2023),looseseal (06-08-2023),Lyrichord (06-07-2023),Mario2302 (06-07-2023),Masterplayer44 (06-07-2023),Neal Caffrey (06-07-2023),Nyanobyte                      (06-07-2023),phantasia (06-07-2023),plzhelpme (06-08-2023),Predict (06-07-2023),rodelicious (06-12-2023),Shawn (06-08-2023),Slowpoke (06-07-2023),♥ starsandmoon ♥ (06-08-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-08-2023),Teakwood (06-16-2023),TsUNaMy WaVe (06-08-2023),Tyranitar (06-07-2023),Vertis (07-04-2023),Zenitsu (06-07-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    138 times
    Time Online
    84d 14h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Needed this guide so bad!!!! Thank you for outlining all of this important information for us! Knowing exactly how much I need for each rank up will help me get that sweet All-Star rank in no time. Much appreciated!
    ♥  slowpoke  ♥

♥  thanks, Zenitsu! for the art + graphics! ilysm! ♥
    ♥  thanks, Woohoo for the avatar!! ♥
    ♥  thanks, Lyrichord for the profile picture! ♥
    ♥  thanks, Charmander for the custom Ryu + userbar! ♥

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-07-2023),Zenitsu (06-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    406 times
    Time Online
    121d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Perhaps one more thing you could add is that you can check how far you're away from a given rank on the colosseum home page by clicking on i believe it's your current rank or potentially your current shield.

That only helps up up until all-star but might be nice to know nevertheless.

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-07-2023),Cinnamoroll (06-07-2023),Demetri (06-07-2023),Ice (06-07-2023),Slowpoke (06-07-2023),Zenitsu (06-07-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 15h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    Perhaps one more thing you could add is that you can check how far you're away from a given rank on the colosseum home page by clicking on i believe it's your current rank or potentially your current shield.

That only helps up up until all-star but might be nice to know nevertheless.
    Oh thank you for this Mario! I completely forgot about that part of the homepage. I'll be sure to take a screenshot and add this information in there soon.

Buimeleon made by Hare

Sea Weasel Pokemon

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Demetri (06-07-2023),Mario2302 (06-07-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Thank you for the guide, I had a question, what rank would be considered safe? The highest rank you made sure to say was risky due to how many points are needed, but is hitting all-star and then stopping a good idea or is triple-all - star an alright spot to shoot for?

J_L_K_64 rules you.

(you need an account to see links) - My YouTube Channel

(you need an account to see links) - My Twitch channel - Sunday thru Friday 9:30PM EST - 1:30AM EST

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplayer44 View Post
    Thank you for the guide, I had a question, what rank would be considered safe? The highest rank you made sure to say was risky due to how many points are needed, but is hitting all-star and then stopping a good idea or is triple-all - star an alright spot to shoot for?
    Really, it’s about how you go about it. It’s very safe to get to Double All Star, even Triple if you’re extra ambitious and have “time”. Just don’t brag on the boards and typically you’re fine.

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-07-2023),Masterplayer44 (06-07-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 15h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    I've updated the guide to include the info Mario highlighted.

@(you need an account to see links) summed it up very well regarding your own goals for the AC. Double and Triple are definitely doable within a month and I think you can honestly hit All-Star+ just from maxing out two games a day for 10 days.

As always though, don't yell it to the world, and you'll be fine.

Buimeleon made by Hare

Sea Weasel Pokemon

• The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (06-07-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    Whooo thanks for putting all that info together! Hope we all get to nice safe levels of all star together for those juicy prizes c:

Typically for my main I just max yyb and play "reasonable" amounts of the other games and easily hit allstar+!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-07-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

sigh* well i wanna give more~! thank you @(you need an account to see links) and the team helping compile this! well thought out and well deisgned i love it! thanks again!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-07-2023)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Thanks for adding to this user's reputation!

"Q: How do I calculate my rank/points then? A: Points are awarded for each game as followed:"

Thank you so much for this!!! Every year I am digging all over looking for this kind of information because my brain refuses to retain it x3
    Between the scores, ranks, points and all with numbers my little egg brain is cooked trying to keep up. This makes it so much easier now ^-^
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 06-07-2023 at 05:03 PM.

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-07-2023),Zenitsu (06-07-2023)

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast