Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How are ya'll holding up with the fires? (Canada + Northern US)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    wow i'm also living under a rock and had no idea.. fires are scary - i'm from australia and had many friends affected by the 2019 black summer fires, was fucking horrific. stay safe everyone near any of these fires! if you need to leave, LEAVE and let insurance cover any damage.
    you can call me pix

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Nothing near me is on fire but the smoke is very very thick, like so thick that it looks like a really cloudy day.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,164 times
    Time Online
    557d 15h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    wow, winds changed and smoke hit me here in jersey

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    709 times
    Time Online
    157d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    We had a bad time out west here last month. The fires are still going here but the smoke is much better. For air quality inside Make sure to change your filters on the regular since running your AC will bring in that smokey air. We turned ours on the other day and forgot to change the filter and could smell the smoke in the system.

Praying for some rain here too looks like we're are going into another heat wave with not another drop of rain in site. I predict the fire bans will be back and those current fires growing.

Stay safe everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh I tell a lie! Potential ⛈️ storms on Sunday. I hear lightning 🌩 is great for high heat low humidity conditions...#herewegoagain

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

John Cena (06-06-2023),Lyrichord (06-06-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    No wonder I can't breathe and have the first migraine in a long time. I didn't pay attention until I saw this thread earlier. I guess with the drought and something catching fire upstate, along with all of the other fires around my governor told everyone not to have fires. Which, yeah makes sense but there are a lot of people that don't like her that will probably have big fires now. Sigh..stay safe everyone.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    40d 13h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Wildfire season is no joke this year. It makes me sad this is happening to the earth every year and it seems worse than previous years. Our area isn't directly hit by any fires but our air quality has also been affected by fires elsewhere. I've heard Quebec has it rough right now and it looks like it too based on looking at the wildfire maps.

All I can really do is keep the windows closed during the day and keep the fans/air purifiers on. I have been running AC but only occasionally to keep the smoke out. Stay safe, y'all!
    Last edited by Cherubi; 06-06-2023 at 09:07 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherubi For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-07-2023),John Cena (06-06-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links) I'm sorry to hear about the smog in your area, hopefully it gets better soon :c Air quality stuff is always so scary.

@(you need an account to see links) I remember when those happened, it was so devastating to hear about. <3

@(you need an account to see links) We have that today where I am, it looks like a foggy morning but everything is just heavy smoke How is it today for you?

@(you need an account to see links) In jersey!? That feels so far away, but I know it's like directly south of the main ones right now :c

@(you need an account to see links) Praying for rain! It's on the forecast, so hopefully we have some luck here <3

@(you need an account to see links) I hope you're feeling better today, migraines are not fun <3

@(you need an account to see links) I agree! It feels worse than previous years overall, there's new ones starting left and right without slowing down. Stay safe too, I hope the air gets better!

- - - Updated - - -

Today our air quality is sitting at a very high risk, but it's not orange outside which kinda helps with the apocalyptic vibes.
    It just looks like a really foggy, grey morning and I can't really see the other side of the street. Spooky to think it's all because of smoke.
    Definitely not going anywhere today

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Cena For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-07-2023),Cherubi (06-07-2023),kittyray (06-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I'm sorry to hear about the smog in your area, hopefully it gets better soon :c Air quality stuff is always so scary.

@(you need an account to see links) I remember when those happened, it was so devastating to hear about. <3

@(you need an account to see links) We have that today where I am, it looks like a foggy morning but everything is just heavy smoke How is it today for you?

@(you need an account to see links) In jersey!? That feels so far away, but I know it's like directly south of the main ones right now :c

@(you need an account to see links) Praying for rain! It's on the forecast, so hopefully we have some luck here <3

@(you need an account to see links) I hope you're feeling better today, migraines are not fun <3

@(you need an account to see links) I agree! It feels worse than previous years overall, there's new ones starting left and right without slowing down. Stay safe too, I hope the air gets better!

- - - Updated - - -

Today our air quality is sitting at a very high risk, but it's not orange outside which kinda helps with the apocalyptic vibes.
    It just looks like a really foggy, grey morning and I can't really see the other side of the street. Spooky to think it's all because of smoke.
    Definitely not going anywhere today
    Yep. Bad quality here too. Woke up in a coughing fit and lungs feel heavy/on fire? idk, but at least I can stay home. I feel bad for anyone that has to go out or be outside in this.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    Yep. Bad quality here too. Woke up in a coughing fit and lungs feel heavy/on fire? idk, but at least I can stay home. I feel bad for anyone that has to go out or be outside in this.
    Oh geez, I wish I had a helpful solution for that scenario. Do you have anything venting from the outside? I have everything closed off inside and while I can still smell the smoke, it's not as bad as when I had the ac's going :c
    I'm so sorry about your health, that's incredibly shitty.

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
    Oh geez, I wish I had a helpful solution for that scenario. Do you have anything venting from the outside? I have everything closed off inside and while I can still smell the smoke, it's not as bad as when I had the ac's going :c
    I'm so sorry about your health, that's incredibly shitty.
    I'm not sure how the venting process works. I just moved in and have an HVAC system. It was finally cool enough last night to have the windows open but then had to close them because of the bad air. So much for saving on the energy bill, eh?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-07-2023)