Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

hell-o!

hej!
    i've been part of clraik for a while but mainly just crept onto here for some flight rising stuff and never really introduced myself, i just realized - here goes nothing!

my names' ratanius, or rat for short, and i'm a guy in my mid-20s that mainly enjoys plants, arts+crafts (usually clay-based) and collecting dead bugs + moths.
    that aside, i live for srpg and farming sim recs! oh, and i'm suffering on fr half of the time - cheers!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Hey Rat and welcome to cK officially. Glad to see you dive in and take the plunge to introduce yourself What sort of things do you enjoy doing on Flight Rising? I have been playing on and off there since the beginning. I am enjoying the site revamp more than I had anticipated too.
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    im sorry whats fr?

and the dead bugs is a new one youll have to show us what you collect! one time ive seen a big pink moth. i know they dont live long but it was so beautiful. ill never forget that day. nice to meet you rat and i hope you enjoy your time in cK!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    @(you need an account to see links) thank you!
    i personally was and still kind of am a gen1 collector, so that's what i enjoy most, honestly. that side, the grind in the coli never stops, though, so i'm rather happy about the recent QoL changes they've made, though, there's always room for improvement, imo!
    @(you need an account to see links) thank you, too!
    fr is short for flight rising! oooh, i can't post pics here of my personal collection for reasons, but i currently have a rather basic collection of a blue winged cicada, a regular cicada, a deaths head hawk moth, and some non-descript bugs. all of them are pinned to a corkboard back and individually framed so they don't collect too much dust, they make for great home decor, but they're rather expensive to get your hands on tbh, special frame and all. first thing that comes to mind with a "big pink moth" is a rosy maple moth, though, those aren't exclusively pink! (some of them can live longer afaik as long as they don't seek out open flames, but poor things like, say, lunar moths, don't even have a mouth, so those - while beautiful - really don't exist for too long.)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ratanius For This Useful Post:

Cherubi (06-16-2023),Excalibur (06-16-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Yeah nice one, I have a thing for pastel colours as well as the eye bleeders. Something about the softness of the pastels in contrast to the bright hyper colours that really appeals to me. I also have a passion for Imps, they were (and still are) always my favourite breed. I do like a few of the newer breeds, including some of the Ancients, but yeah Imp's are the OG for me. Coli grinding, yeah, wasn't a huge fan of having to play manually all the time. I used to have access to the auto Coli bot that one of the devs from my other forum put together back in the day, but since the captcha's have been introduced, it's become more of a semi auto one. Alas, I am not allowed to share it around, sorry.
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    40d 13h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Hey, Ratanius! Thanks for introducing yourself!

From one fellow plant lover to another, it's great to have you here!

I've seen a bunch of instagram pages with people who sell the mounted moths/bugs which are so neat. That's an awesome hobby!

Hope to see you around more! =)
    Last edited by Cherubi; 06-16-2023 at 09:45 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Welcome to cK!

It's funny I was just thinking about collecting dead bugs due to all of the ones I see around here. Are you interested in any kind of bug specifically or any/all bugs?

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by ratanius View Post
    hej!
    i've been part of clraik for a while but mainly just crept onto here for some flight rising stuff and never really introduced myself, i just realized - here goes nothing!

my names' ratanius, or rat for short, and i'm a guy in my mid-20s that mainly enjoys plants, arts+crafts (usually clay-based) and collecting dead bugs + moths.
    that aside, i live for srpg and farming sim recs! oh, and i'm suffering on fr half of the time - cheers!
    Welcome to the community, Rat!

Thanks so much for introducing yourself. Younger me would be all over your dead bug collection. I still stop what I'm doing to look at cool, unique looking critters that end up in my path. Hoping you might be into sharing some pictures of what you have.

Do you play any Neo at all?

See you around.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Hey Rat, lovely to have you here!

I'm a huge planty person, I have over 200 houseplants. However I'll be ducking out of here just in case any dead bug pics show up - I'm *not* a bug person. I hope to see you around the forums!

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Hi rat nice to meet you! Your hobbies sounds very interesting! I only know most people who collect dead butterflies and not other various dead bugs o:

Do you have a favorite one in your collection?