Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally! I have arrived in the right location!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by NTYGLT View Post
    Welcome! I am 25 and used to play Wiz101 so much!
    I'm also married, happily with no kids.
    I love the term bonus kids though thats great!

Hope you enjoy your time here everyone is so welcoming and friendly!
    I never wanted to ever refer to them as my step-kids. I may have only been a part of their lives since adulthood. They know I would do anything for them if I could. I think my Hubands gets a little jealous that the kids reach out to me more than him. Sometimes I feel like I am more there friend. But that's okay I get to be a NaNa to some amazing grandkids though I wish we got to see them more though! It started one day on social media wishing My Bonus Daughter Mac a Happy Birthday and its stuck wih me with them all. Out of respect for there mother I will not call refer to them directly a my own it a public atmosphere or setting. It's worked for us over the last 6 years.

Twice we have had a kid in the house for about a year. Its very pleasant to not have to physically parent, set rules, enforce them. Make sure there in bed by a decent hour. I This is my last year of my 30's I dont think I am ready or ever will be for a 18 + year responsibility to a small being that depend on myself for survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Hey Tina! Welcome!! I appreciate you sharing that you are embracing your life being child-free!!! I've been thinking about this a lot about how it should be more normalized that having children is just not something for everyone. I'm in my early 30's and starting to embrace this about myself, like, I'm just doing my thing and if it happens, it happens, but I'm not going to consider myself a failure or having missed out if it doesn't happen. Idk, I just really appreciate a different perspective so thanks!

Lmao at the laptop screen!!!! I had photoshop open once and scratched/cleaned my screen like crazy because I saw an off pixel only to realize it was actually an accidental mark ON the photoshop document that I could erase 💀💀 Anyway, welcome! Hope you find some fun threads to explore around here
    Growing up i always wanted to be a mom more then anything! I new I wanted to raise my child way differently then the way I was raised, there's been times were I though my body betrayed me by refusing to let me get pregnant. I stepped back and told myself if It does happen its going to happen on its own, I was done going through treatments. I've fully done a turn around. I really do not want to be a mom. I am stuck in my ways. I don't want the disruption. I really enjoy my life the way it is. i brought up to my husband recently about getting a permanent procedure done. I think he thought I was joking. So I am giving myself a full year tio mull it over and fully decide to make it a permanent option.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SourSkittles For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (06-05-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    681 times
    Time Online
    214d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    @(you need an account to see links) Welcome to ck Tina! You have arrived at the right location! Yay for another long time Neopian joining the crew. I'm glad you're able to be a friend to the bonus children, as you put it.

As everyone else has already commented, there are so many other fun things to do here besides just play Neopets. Writing, music, ryugotchi, cooking - and more!

In terms of quoting multiple people, there's a little button that looks like "+ the right of "Reply With Quote." You can select multiple of those (a checkmark will appear on top of them), and then go to the bottom of the page and click "Reply to Thread" and everything should appear there to make things simpler.

Look forward to seeing you around!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

SourSkittles (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    92d 22h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Welcome! I have no kids by choice but I do have an 18 year old cat that I still call baby lol. And the screen part sounds like something I would do so don't worry about yourself too much haha. You did indeed come to the right place.

See ya around the forum!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    156d 22h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Welcome to clraik! I have been meaning to respond over the past few days but something always seems to come up haha.

Anyways thanks for introducing yourself! See you around the forum!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Welcome to ck Tina! You have arrived at the right location! Yay for another long time Neopian joining the crew. I'm glad you're able to be a friend to the bonus children, as you put it.

As everyone else has already commented, there are so many other fun things to do here besides just play Neopets. Writing, music, ryugotchi, cooking - and more!

In terms of quoting multiple people, there's a little button that looks like "+ the right of "Reply With Quote." You can select multiple of those (a checkmark will appear on top of them), and then go to the bottom of the page and click "Reply to Thread" and everything should appear there to make things simpler.

Look forward to seeing you around!
    I look forward to seeing you around also! I am hoping to get to know a lot of people. My crew of people fell apart on neo. I miss them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    Welcome! I have no kids by choice but I do have an 18 year old cat that I still call baby lol. And the screen part sounds like something I would do so don't worry about yourself too much haha. You did indeed come to the right place.

See ya around the forum!
    I wish I found this site years ago I have been scoping it out quite a bit. My childhood cat lived to be 20 it was amazing having her for so long. Boy was she an escape artist. She was strictly an indoor cat one year she got out of the house was missing for over 2 weeks. She came home on her own meowing at the door begging to be let back in.

One time she got out when we were moving into a new home and spent most of the day under the across the street neighbor's porch. I got severely sun burnt sitting by that porch that day. We eventually were able to bribe her out with tuna. When we moved to the house access the street, I always found her outside in the backyard. No one ever let her out of the house. I think she found her own secret little tunnel. We nicknamed her Houdini in her last 3 years of her life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    Welcome to clraik! I have been meaning to respond over the past few days but something always seems to come up haha.

Anyways thanks for introducing yourself! See you around the forum!
    Thats totally me! Distracted by shiny objects. Fueled by procrastination.

Nice to see you though I am sure we will run into each other again.!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SourSkittles For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-05-2023),Lyrichord (06-05-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Hey another OG neo player! back in the golden days imo.

as long as you are happy in life thats what counts! welcome to cK everyone here has been such wonderful peeps! youll fit right in!

do you play other games? and currently what do you like to do on neo?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    447 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hey Tina, welcome to ck! I'm glad you found us
    The fact you can embrace your life for what it is is amazing imo, even people with kids and other "normal path" achievements can't always do that. I'm glad to see another person who is so accepting with themselves ^~^

Also the marker note maybe laugh out loud lol. I hope you managed to clean it by now!

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hey another OG neo player! back in the golden days imo.

as long as you are happy in life thats what counts! welcome to cK everyone here has been such wonderful peeps! youll fit right in!

do you play other games? and currently what do you like to do on neo?
    I do play Wizard101. I used to be really into Diablo 2 back in the day. I do think I have a digital copy of Diablo 3 if I can ever remember my login for the place its stored on lol. I have been on and off over the years playing Sims. I love playing Mario cart but have never owner it for myself lol.

There's something very specific I like to do on Neo. I'm one of very few people on there to that has a page on the site with what I enjoy wasting a lot of time on because I find it extremely relaxing lol. Rather not say on a post what it is exactly as I think it may be easy to find my main account because of it.

I like to customize my pets and work on their lookups and such. However, I think I want to downsize my pets maybe even accounts. I have all extra pet spots open on all my accounts. My main I am debating on renewing premium I probably will have to at some point due to pets stuck in limbo though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    Hey Tina, welcome to ck! I'm glad you found us
    The fact you can embrace your life for what it is is amazing imo, even people with kids and other "normal path" achievements can't always do that. I'm glad to see another person who is so accepting with themselves ^~^

Also the marker note maybe laugh out loud lol. I hope you managed to clean it by now!
    It's funny I was talking to my mom about this today to. I'm a little overweight and have lost quite a bit the last year. I have psoriasis so some people tend to notice the discoloration of skin on my knuckles or legs if i wear shorts. I wear my hair pretty short and have been told by a lot of people they think I am a lesbian. Got called one the other day walking into a corner store. I came home and told my hubs I am like if that's the worst thing I am called today I am ok with that. Ok Back to the convo with my mom. I was telling her about 95% to 98% of the time I am completely happy with myself. I like who I am what I have accomplished. I am not embarrassed of the psoriasis, and I don't always keep up with the removal of excess facial hair caused from having PCOS. I told her the time I don't like myself or people think I am self-conscious about my body or whatever is mostly because I am having a bad day. I'm like where all entitled to a bad day. No one is happy a 100% of the time.

I have quite an Umbrella of Mental Health Problems that are somewhat managed pretty well the last 5 years or so. I have been going to therapy both individually and group therapies since I was about 15 years old. I'm 39. It's not that I am better all the way I just have learned some useful coping skills that work for me. Also, I try to be a lot more optimistic/positive about everything I used to be a Debbie downer always thinking the worst was going to happen.

Way off track there! Sorry!

Yup the marker marks on the screen have been removed. However, my S key now has a small burn hole on it? IDK.

I'm really hoping my new laptop gets shipped by the end of the week. I did not want to pay extra for expedited shipping so I really just want the tracking number so I can call the Brown Truck People and have them hold it at the office in case it comes while we are out of town over the weekend into early next week..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SourSkittles For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Welcome to clraik! You and I have been playing Neo for the same amount of time. I'm also pretty new to the site but I've been having a lot of fun, everybody is really nice! Hope to get to know you better.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    Welcome to clraik! You and I have been playing Neo for the same amount of time. I'm also pretty new to the site but I've been having a lot of fun, everybody is really nice! Hope to get to know you better.
    I am looking forward to meeting everyone! Somedays I really like to talk and write and other's I like to lurk around and just read and learn and do my own things. Almost 15 hours total online on this site already I find it funny it calls out me as a lurker and not many posts lol

Custom userbar by Lyrichord
    Custom RYU bar by Infected
    Signature: Made by Me SourSkittles

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SourSkittles For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-23-2023)