Thread: Healthy people. I need HELP!!! I need suggestions! Cleansing my gut!!!!!

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m

Healthy people. I need HELP!!! I need suggestions! Cleansing my gut!!!!!

Ok, I was taking Plexus, and this is not a plug for them. I do not sell it. But, I love it. It works. I just ran out of it and can't afford it. So hubby and I are trying to research something to replace it that is cheaper. I feel so bloated and yucky.

Plus, I need some easy food ideas. I have never really eaten super healthy. I know processed foods are bad and I am at the point that I want to change my eating habits.

I love greens (except Kale, so gross).
    I hate brown rice but will eat it. I prefer white rice!
    I love chicken.
    While I love fish, I don't like cooking it. I stick to fish at restaurants!
    I love potatoes, carrots, celery. Corn is just ok, unless it is corn on the cob that I season with cajun butter.

I have no energy, this last week I have felt so gross and nauseous.

I drink at least 100 oz of water every day, so water is super easy!

I have a very tiny kitchen, no counter space, so preparing extravagent meals is out of the picture. I am looking for super easy and quick meals. At least starting out.

Thanks so much for any tips, suggestions, and ideas.

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 49m
    I drink 1 big cup of Metamucil daily for my Fibre needs, and l also take a once a day Probiotic which keeps my gut health tip top. I aim for at least 2-3 Litres of water everyday. You should be able to buy both at any local Pharmacy. Also, you can have fruits that you enjoy in moderation

Profile Pic thanks to @Lyrichord & Signature made by @Polorin!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Predict For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-02-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Organic sauerkraut, kombucha, lots of fermented foods. Try to avoid anything processed or with preservatives. Try to consume as much raw food as you can, as most people end up eating almost exclusively cooked foods for every meal. This could be salad, it could be fruits and vegetables, it could be things like sauerkrauts, it could be raw fish. My favourite things to eat when I have to eat at a restaurant are their power bowls, but I avoid rice and quinoa because I feel it's empty calories.
    I consume cheeses made from raw milk, I'd drink raw milk but it's illegal in Canada so I drink whole jersey milk.

I do not eat gluten under any circumstances as it causes inflammation in my spine, neck, wrists, cases leg cramping, migraines, and leaky gut (for me, I am gluten intolerant)

The book nourishing traditions has a lot of good health information and recipes, and explains some of the science behind it all as well.

My husband will occasionally do a 72 hour water fast, I'd say about once a year he does it, so that's an option but it's not easy.

I also have a friend who does keto for a few months a couple times a year and swears by it.
    Last edited by Chilljoy; 06-02-2023 at 11:08 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chilljoy For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    678 times
    Time Online
    213d 17h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 32m
    I'm following this thread for people's easy, healthy food ideas.

For nasuea, ginger teas are great. Or you can wash and peel a small part of a ginger root and put it in hot water with a little lemon juice and honey. You can skip the lemon if you're sensitive to food acidity.

I personally like to snack on carrots and bell peppers, especially when I know I've been lacking in veggie department! Leafy green salads too where you can wash everything in 1 colander in the sink.

Quesadillas are easy meal assembly and fast cooking time, depending on what you put in them! I love a good sandwich too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-02-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    @(you need an account to see links) - I can do a 48 hour water fast, I have done those once a week for four months once. I have never been able to make it past 60 hours. But, I may have to try it once more time (not once a week obviously lol). 48 hours to me are easy, it's the hours after 48 that get hard.

I used to do intermittent fasting, 4 hour eating window and 20 hour fast, and I lost 70 lbs doing it. I went from 250 to 180. Now, I am 190-200 fluctuating based on my cycle. I have yet to get back to the 180s.

I also have this head block about doing exercise. I want to, need to, but make mad excuses for not doing it. Also, I feel like I have crazy unrealistic expectations with working out, like after 1 week, I should have lost 10lbs. I know that isn't realistic, but it discourages me and I don't know how to mentally break those thoughts.

My ideal goal is to get back down to 140. And, I want to stop eating Little Debbie snacks and Pop Tarts as meals. (Yeah, it's pretty bad). I haven't gained weight luckily, but since I ran out of Plexus, I just feel so awful.

I love sauerkraut!!!! I usually cook that with smoked sausage and potatoes. So yummy. But not sure how healthy it is. I do love salad!!! I could probably do grilled chicken salad a lot.

One of my favorite snacks is green peppers. I slice it up and eat it like pop corn when hubby and I have movie night!

My mom makes a cucumber salad, with tomatos, onions, green peppers, and cucumbers in vinegar and oil.

- - - Updated - - -
    @(you need an account to see links) - Sooooo. I absolutely hate ginger. I think it tastes grotesque! And I don't like honey. I love lemon water. I can do like ginseng tea with lemon, but I am sure that isn't the same thing as ginger tea.

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    678 times
    Time Online
    213d 17h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 32m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) - Sooooo. I absolutely hate ginger. I think it tastes grotesque! And I don't like honey. I love lemon water. I can do like ginseng tea with lemon, but I am sure that isn't the same thing as ginger tea.
    Even the smell of ginger can help, but it sounds like that's out entirely. I checked online and these are all classic foods for when you feel nausous. Keeping it simple is important.

Your mom's salad sounds amazing! PS: You can have all of my green peppers.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Predict View Post
    I drink 1 big cup of Metamucil daily for my Fibre needs, and l also take a once a day Probiotic which keeps my gut health tip top. I aim for at least 2-3 Litres of water everyday. You should be able to buy both at any local Pharmacy. Also, you can have fruits that you enjoy in moderation
    !!!!!!!!

this fiber pills, get em from costco or amazon i prefer the pills i think the drinks taste like sand, and!!! greek yogurt!!!

the fiber pills and probiotics in the yogurt make my stomach feel amazing!!!

( i mix plain greek in my protein shakes bc it tastes like sour cream and banana kinda masks that)

i cant recieve private messages on here im not ignoring u

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    @(you need an account to see links) I will happily take all of your green pepper. And that list has everything I love on it except sweet potatoes.