Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4d 16h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Happy Pride Month! I'll partly celebrate by sharing a cute memory.

When I was a kiddo my cousin and her friend babysat me all of the time. They were so lovely and made me laugh and feel so welcome and sort of became my second and third mom for a while. One day we were driving around doing something and my cousin starts asking me silly questions. The silliest I remember was what would you do if the sky were yellow? and I'd respond with something silly like Oh you mean like pee? She was basically hinting at being gay but I had known for some time at this point and I was a little SHIT so I was giggling in my head because it was obvious how uncomfortable she felt, and my little kid self was well.... a little shit. Finally she just said it and I decided to sit there for a few seconds before I finally said something along the lines of "Guys, I already knew..." It was really comical for us all and I really really treasure this memory.

I'm a quiet person and more shy by nature so I haven't gone out and done anything like parties or anything for Pride but I am still really happy and grateful to see.. well I don't know how to word it. I know there is a lot of extra shit happening but, at least where I live in the PNW, I really see a lot of solidarity for the LGBTQ community.

PS google LGBTQ community for a fun surprise.
    Userbar by Lyrichord

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesuslovescats For This Useful Post:

Baby (06-25-2023),Crooked (06-25-2023),goodnightmoon (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovescats View Post
    Happy Pride Month! I'll partly celebrate by sharing a cute memory.

When I was a kiddo my cousin and her friend babysat me all of the time. They were so lovely and made me laugh and feel so welcome and sort of became my second and third mom for a while. One day we were driving around doing something and my cousin starts asking me silly questions. The silliest I remember was what would you do if the sky were yellow? and I'd respond with something silly like Oh you mean like pee? She was basically hinting at being gay but I had known for some time at this point and I was a little SHIT so I was giggling in my head because it was obvious how uncomfortable she felt, and my little kid self was well.... a little shit. Finally she just said it and I decided to sit there for a few seconds before I finally said something along the lines of "Guys, I already knew..." It was really comical for us all and I really really treasure this memory.

I'm a quiet person and more shy by nature so I haven't gone out and done anything like parties or anything for Pride but I am still really happy and grateful to see.. well I don't know how to word it. I know there is a lot of extra shit happening but, at least where I live in the PNW, I really see a lot of solidarity for the LGBTQ community.

PS google LGBTQ community for a fun surprise.
    I love this memory, thanks for sharing!
    Where I live, there is also a surprising amount of solidarity, which really warms my heart to see. Obviously there should be way more acceptance and love everywhere, but this is a thread for silver linings and celebration, so I'm looking on the bright side.
    And I'm the same in terms of being a massive introvert.

.・✿ cherry blossom ✿・.
    ᴄᴜsᴛᴏᴍ ᴜsᴇʀʙᴀʀ ʙʏ (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cocobutter For This Useful Post:

Baby (06-25-2023),Jesuslovescats (06-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    happy pride!!!! Love love love!!!<3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    10d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Happy Pride month everyone!

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 12h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I totally spaced and missed the parade yesterday, was hoping to maybe catch some from a non-crowded (and quieter) distance, but not sure how possible that would have actually been.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    10d 6h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    happy pride month everyone!! i live in a really rural area so we don't have any parades or anything to celebrate. realized very young that i liked girls as well as boys (thank you angelina jolie) & i'm lucky that i have a family that believes love is love no matter what, i know a lot of people aren't so lucky and there's still a lot of work to do so everyone can feel safe.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    52d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Chicago Pride was EVERYTHING! It was so much fun, so many people and it was so nice to see the diversity of the parade. I got a lot of free stuff that was being handed out at the parade, I'm glad I was carrying a backpack because there was no way I could have carried it back to the train haha.

Did anybody else go out to a pride event this year? What was your favorite part?!?

Thank you Hellraid <3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    happy pride to all lgbtqi+ folks!
    I'd like to say that I am so especially grateful to my two housemates/ best friends for always being such amazing humans who help me be the best ally I can be. Sometimes as a cis-het woman I can say or do the wrong thing on accident but I am always learning and growing and trying to unlearn any internalised phobic shit swirling around my brain. Living with two afab genderqueer/ poly/ NB folks and being surrounded by their friends and respective partners has really helped me grow. I am so grateful they both exist. The regional town I live in has the highest % of lgbtqi population in Australia outside of Sydney, we're literally called the rainbow region! but sadly there has been a MASSIVE swing in the cis-het crew towards anti trans rhetoric.. even some people I have considered friends in the past have been spewing uneducated, bigoted hate towards my trans brothers and sisters and it breaks my heart. I am so grateful that my close friends and chosen family do not think that way. I am so grateful to exist in a world where people are starting to able to express themselves freely and be the people they were destined to be. we still have such a long way to go, and I will never fully understand the struggles first person, but I will always stand by your side, I will never take over the conversation, I will always keep learning and doing my best.
    SO much love to everyone
    you can call me pix