DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    welcome to cK !! happy to see you! what was your favorite thing about old school neopets?

do you have any pets?

do you play other games?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Wow there's already a lot for me to catch up on. I'll def poke around into the S&V thread (honestly the latest game did a lot to revitalize my love for the series. And a new protagonist in the anime was much needed) I'll also definitely stop by in the Kpop thread soon!!

Customization is something I struggle with since I don't spend a lot of money on NC, and NP wearables are sometimes a crapshoot. But i love seeing what others can do with their pet customization; it always fills me with a ton of inspiration.

I think my favorite thing about old school Neopets has to be the old flash games, and a lot of the lore of the site I grew up on. I was one of those kids who loved to read *everything* so I remember hunkering down on my ancient computer and going through all of the old plots. It really inspired me to create stories of my own. The games were also a godsend as a kid with not a whole lot of income for lots of new games. My computer was again super old so I couldn't do a whole lot (I remember being so mad that I couldn't play KeyQuest before it shut down.) but I would still have a lot of games to choose from to spend hours on. Basically a lot of my fav things about Neo is still rooted in nostalgia LOL but I still have my fun with the website as it is now.

I have a pet lizard (Leopard gecko)! She's been high-energy as of late because of the change to spring but I think she's finally hunkering down a bit. I don't play as many video games now but I do play competitive stuff like LoL/Overwatch (total newbie though) and some stuff on the switch. I think my favorite has to be farming/life simulators though.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niconiconii For This Useful Post:

KJiU (06-02-2023),Lyrichord (06-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    157d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 22m
    Welcome to cK! I know you said you're a newbie but how did you feel about PVE no longer coming to Overwatch?

Please also post some pics of your pet Gecko

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Even as a newbie I can still say the "Oops, sorry!" takeback of PvE is so mind-numbingly frustrating. A couple of my friends who play more basically share the same sentiment that I do that the lack of it kind of makes the whole point of making Overwatch 2 kind of... null. Plus as a LoL player I really would've been happy to have more games with PvE options alongside PvP. Some of my fav LoL game modes were PvE things that appeared for *one* event back in 2017 and never again. I just play with my friends when I have free time but damn it! I feel like dedicated AIs are really useful for teaching core gameplay mechanics which a lot of tutorial/practice modes these games have normally lack. Lol the timing of it getting canned actually was funny too since my friends told me i'd get better at the game (and playing against other players) once the new modes came out so I could practice with those instead.

I'll definitely get some pictures of my girl uploaded! She's not the most photogenic though. Very squirmy lol.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    You can visit the customization corner that i made (kinda dead xD) Customization is my only favorite thing in Neopets back then and now haha, NP customization might be harder or i could say less appealing but then we could still make wonders with np items xD

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links) welcome to the community! Thanks so much for introducing yourself.

Never too late, and no need to be too shy. We are all behind screens, as I always say... Makes it easier to socialize and be here.

sounds like you relate to many other members here, and I'm proud to say that you're right about the overall community being chill, friendly and fun to be around!

Have you considered unlocking some userbars?
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Haha, as predicted I kind of fell back into lurking for a bit again out of shyness, but I'm really happy to see how welcoming and kind everyone is! I definitely want to get to know others who customize more since it's something I'm weak at despite how much I enjoy it, haha.

I've also been lurking around to see how to get a couple of userbars... but I haven't gotten around to trying out for any yet. Hopefully once I get more active (and less shy) I can get some to spruce up my profile. I missed the customization of forums LOL.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to niconiconii For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Welcome to ck @(you need an account to see links). I'm a huge lurker myself so I know the feeling and there's no need to worry about it.
    You can snag a few popsicle UBs this summer by just being active in different threads/topics.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Thank you so much! It helps knowing I'm not the only one haha. But, oh my god, the popsicle UBs look so freaking cute. I'm going to definitely try to get my hands on some even if it kills me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to niconiconii For This Useful Post:

Hawaiian (06-18-2023)