DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    426 times
    Time Online
    122d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 1m
    Violet Evergarden. I watched this anime on netflix and cried every episode. every f episode. Then I cried like a baby at the movie too. I still can't get over it.

OH OH another one is "Kotaro lives alone" - you can also see it on netflix. He is a little boy. Living alone. Go ahead and cry with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    From memories back , the only one with the greatest impact was Code Geass season 2 where Lelouch dies in the ending.

There is also jiraiya's death in naruto which is also sad (not sure if the bgm was Sadness and Sorrow but if you throw it in you will get a better effect)

Will leave it with this 2 for now haha
    I stopped watching the anime when Jiraiya died. I couldn't bear it.
    Last edited by GreyFaerie; 05-30-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Pixie♥ ~
    Hatched 11/13/2020
    Chibi Grey Faerie by ♥ Wooloo ♥

(you need an account to see links)
    Both Grey Pixel Pixie by the Honeycomb

my ubs by Lyrichord

Ryupocalypse 07-15-2021
    Grey love faerie by Houndoom

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Banana Fish is another pretty obvious choice.

My ultimate curl up and cry anime though is the 2019 Fruits Basket reboot. Very poignant and will deal you damage over time.

was that worth it?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    This is an older anime, but I remember crying throughout Clannad. I don't remember the plot too much since it's been some years, but I really loved the main couple up until one point which starts the tears haha I don't want to spoil said part, so I'll leave it at that.

Omggg. Clannad is one of the few animes that genuinely made me tear up. I was actually semi depressed afterwards for 2 weeks after seeing the Ushio scene. I just couldn't deal..
    Last edited by Predict; 05-30-2023 at 04:59 PM.

Profile Pic thanks to @Lyrichord & Signature made by @Polorin!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    41d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFaerie View Post
    Violet Evergarden. I watched this anime on netflix and cried every episode. every f episode. Then I cried like a baby at the movie too. I still can't get over it.

OH OH another one is "Kotaro lives alone" - you can also see it on netflix. He is a little boy. Living alone. Go ahead and cry with me.

I stopped watching the anime when Jiraiya died. I couldn't bear it.
    Many people feel it during that part xD ,I think Pain has quite a sad story too but i forgot about that , i only watch the series for minato, madara & sasuke in naruto series i stopped at Shippuden as i didn't continue with boruto

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFaerie View Post
    I was NOT expecting this one to be so DAMN SAD.
    At all!
    It was just a cute little anime at the start..

--

And y'all are wonderful, I'm adding so many "Sad Animes" to my list of things to watch.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Just remembered that Akatsuki no Yona has some really "curl up and cry" moments. It's such a shame the anime only got one season and a couple of specials...
    The manga is so good too!

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I feel like the classics are Angel Beats, Ano Hana, also more recently Your Lie in April. Violet Evergarden was really good but I don't think I was ~as~ choked up as some of the other things I've watched. Your Name of course was amazing - I also recommend Boy and the Beast. Not like tragic emotional but just idk... growing up and living life emotional?

Personally, I can't stand Clannad. Hated it and all the characters. Felt the same way about Koe no Katachi - again, disliked all the characters and didn't think any of them were worthy of salvation/a good end lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Predict (05-31-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I feel like the classics are Angel Beats, Ano Hana, also more recently Your Lie in April. Violet Evergarden was really good but I don't think I was ~as~ choked up as some of the other things I've watched. Your Name of course was amazing - I also recommend Boy and the Beast. Not like tragic emotional but just idk... growing up and living life emotional?

Personally, I can't stand Clannad. Hated it and all the characters. Felt the same way about Koe no Katachi - again, disliked all the characters and didn't think any of them were worthy of salvation/a good end lol.

Anohana and Your Lie in April are definite tearjerkers! What didn't you like about the Clannad characters?

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) I have a large personal bias against the stereotypical "ditzy/useless/overly genki but still useless" heroines, if they're super clumsy and idiotic but everyone finds them endearing because they're so cute and silly, chances are I hate them. 😂 These types of characters just drive me insane and really rub me the wrong way because I find them so annoying lol. So it's very difficult to watch series with that stereotype, and I feel a lot of series shoujo or otherwise from around that time had them in spades. I didn't really care for any of the side characters either and the main guy (Tomoyo? maybe that was his name, blue haired guy) suffered from "oh I'm so average and just a normal guy but all these girls are dying to date me" which makes me just 🥴🥴 lol! (yes that means I dislike pretty much a huge slice of series since that was quite a popular trope/set up for harem anime and such xD)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I have a large personal bias against the stereotypical "ditzy/useless/overly genki but still useless" heroines, if they're super clumsy and idiotic but everyone finds them endearing because they're so cute and silly, chances are I hate them. 😂 These types of characters just drive me insane and really rub me the wrong way because I find them so annoying lol. So it's very difficult to watch series with that stereotype, and I feel a lot of series shoujo or otherwise from around that time had them in spades. I didn't really care for any of the side characters either and the main guy (Tomoyo? maybe that was his name, blue haired guy) suffered from "oh I'm so average and just a normal guy but all these girls are dying to date me" which makes me just 🥴🥴 lol! (yes that means I dislike pretty much a huge slice of series since that was quite a popular trope/set up for harem anime and such xD)

Fair enough! I think I have a soft spot for Clannad since it was my first slice of life. I defs agree about the side characters not being super interesting. I enjoyed watching the character development for Tomoya & Nagisa's relationship, and l really liked Nagisa's parents with the Bakery store haha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Predict For This Useful Post:

Ice (05-31-2023)