DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 21h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Honestly it is very heartbreaking to me as I absolutely LOVED playing Overwatch 1. I've played since beta and I actually met my fiance on the game. It will always hold a special place in my heart but I've just not enjoyed it as much as I used to and was really looking forward to the PVE content to reel me back in. Without it, I just don't see myself getting on to play unless I'm playing with a group of friends.

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (05-31-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    i'm suddenly really really glad I never got into overwatch now. I did not succumb to the peer pressure because I just knew they'd drop the ball somehow. it's a shame, it actually was a really promising series that I had a heavy debate with myself about if it should be tried or not.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (06-01-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 21h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    For Blizzard to gouge as much money as possible from their huge player base before dropping the news of "oops we're not delivering on our promises anymore, but thanks for the mon-I mean support for OW2!!" It's the same thing with 343 and Halo at the moment.

Ever since games turned into these live action games to receive "months/years of post launch content", developers have started to monetize EVERY trivial thing in a game. Skins, weapons, poses, ect. OW2 was a cash grab from the start and it's honestly fascinating to watch Blizzard throw away such an expanding and popular game just to make a few bucks.
    I don't feel like it was a cash grab from the start. I never put a dime into the game other than purchasing it, yet I had all the skins and poses because they would reward you with loot boxes for every level. Sometimes they would even offer loot boxes if you filled a certain role in the queue like tank or support. They would give them out like crazy and they contained skins, victory poses, and even credits to buy more skins. I had every cosmetic in the game simply by playing. I really wish it was like this again because I'd remember getting so excited for the events like Halloween and Christmas and would play SO much to earn the special event skins.

Edit: Sorry I just noticed you said OW2 was a cash grab from the start and YOU RIGHT!!
    Last edited by Cat Purrson; 06-01-2023 at 02:46 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-01-2023),Cinnamoroll (06-01-2023),Ice (06-01-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    EXACTLY. I did NOT mind the what, 15-25$ when on sale to buy OW because I could play events and earn skins et al. simply for playing, and even then I had surplus coins to buy whatever I didn't get before the event ended. Now literally everything of notable desire is locked behind the premium battle pass paywall (that I will NEVER pay for, eat my ass Blizzard) and as a non-paying player it feels horrible to grind a battle pass for very little reward (so, I don't lol).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (06-01-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    101d 21h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    EXACTLY. I did NOT mind the what, 15-25$ when on sale to buy OW because I could play events and earn skins et al. simply for playing, and even then I had surplus coins to buy whatever I didn't get before the event ended. Now literally everything of notable desire is locked behind the premium battle pass paywall (that I will NEVER pay for, eat my ass Blizzard) and as a non-paying player it feels horrible to grind a battle pass for very little reward (so, I don't lol).
    So many games are going the battle pass route and it's so sad. I hate feeling like I need to grind a game to earn rewards I ALREADY PAID FOR!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (06-01-2023),Ice (06-01-2023)