8/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m

Degrassi: The Next Generation vs Degrassi: Next Class

Ok, so I have been binge watching all of Degrassi: The Next Generation. I have only watched degrassi: Next Class season 1. I intend on watching the rest of the seasons. But, I stopped watching after the first season because I preferred The Next Generation version of Degrassi. Anyone else binge watch Degrassi? Do you have a preference? Yes, I have watching Degrassi: Jr High and High School. I loved them too. But The Next Generation is the era I was also raised in and dealt with a lot of the same issues!

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Buizel (05-29-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I have been watching Degrassi since forever.

TNG is the best. Hands down. There is no argument about this. Especially the first few seasons of it. It is very accurate to being a teenager in Canada during those years.

I will say that the newer stuff, the next class or whatever, is absolute garbage. Even TNG after like season 9-10 starts to go downhill, but it’s still better than that garbage that is the new class.

Right now, in Canada, Degrassi is streaming on Tubi and it was on Amazon Prime Video, though I’m not sure if it still is. I just know I recently went down the rabbit hole that is TNG

Jimmy4eva

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Buizel (05-29-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    First, I'd like to shout out to Degrassi for having a theme song that absolutely slaps Second, It's been some time since I've last watched the show, but I'd still say I liked the first part over the second. Overtime, it felt like they were trying to stretch the show out for a bit...so I stopped watching eventually. It might be fun to dive back into it and see if I can binge through it as well.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (05-29-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    @(you need an account to see links) - Yes! Thank you! I feel the same way about Next Class. That's why I couldn't watch the rest of the seasons. I am currently on season 11, about to be season 12. I am pretty partial to the seasons Emma and Manny were on, even in college.

Emma & Spinner forever!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    First, I'd like to shout out to Degrassi for having a theme song that absolutely slaps Second, It's been some time since I've last watched the show, but I'd still say I liked the first part over the second. Overtime, it felt like they were trying to stretch the show out for a bit...so I stopped watching eventually. It might be fun to dive back into it and see if I can binge through it as well.
    trust your instincts. It does get tedious. They do recycle character storylines. But I can't help but keep watching, at least TNG!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) - Yes! Thank you! I feel the same way about Next Class. That's why I couldn't watch the rest of the seasons. I am currently on season 11, about to be season 12. I am pretty partial to the seasons Emma and Manny were on, even in college.

Emma & Spinner forever!
    Honestly, when Manny went through her bitchy, rebellious phase, I hated it. She was such an awful person and friend to Emma, and yet Emma stuck by her side. Wouldn’t have been me. Speaking of Emma, she easily had the BIGGEST glow up in the cast. Anya was a close second, but Emma went from looking homely to being a babe once she reached college age! I also really enjoyed her relationship with Spinner. I think they’re a great fit and was somewhat surprised they didn’t have a thing earlier but you know 🤷🏼*♀️

Art Credits:

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Honestly, when Manny went through her bitchy, rebellious phase, I hated it. She was such an awful person and friend to Emma, and yet Emma stuck by her side. Wouldn’t have been me. Speaking of Emma, she easily had the BIGGEST glow up in the cast. Anya was a close second, but Emma went from looking homely to being a babe once she reached college age! I also really enjoyed her relationship with Spinner. I think they’re a great fit and was somewhat surprised they didn’t have a thing earlier but you know 🤷🏼*♀️
    You are 100% right about Emma's glow up, My hubs said the same thing. My fav glow up though is Anya, because that darker hair *chef's kiss* she is my type lol.

SPinner seemed to have been on the show the longest! Was in high school it seemed like forever, and dated almost every lead female!

Let's talk about Manny's blonde hair phase... and that mullet style... those were her worst hair styles. But that blonde was beyond! I can't believe that made it on TV!

I do think Canadians act way better than Americans though! Except Paige! She was awful. And Ashley! Blah, she was awkward. The storylines were great though.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    You are 100% right about Emma's glow up, My hubs said the same thing. My fav glow up though is Anya, because that darker hair *chef's kiss* she is my type lol.

SPinner seemed to have been on the show the longest! Was in high school it seemed like forever, and dated almost every lead female!

Let's talk about Manny's blonde hair phase... and that mullet style... those were her worst hair styles. But that blonde was beyond! I can't believe that made it on TV!

I do think Canadians act way better than Americans though! Except Paige! She was awful. And Ashley! Blah, she was awkward. The storylines were great though.
    Even though Paige had her not so great moments, she was one of my favourite characters overall. I can understand why you don’t like Ashley, though. Her relationship with Craig was so chaotic.

Art Credits:

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Even though Paige had her not so great moments, she was one of my favourite characters overall. I can understand why you don’t like Ashley, though. Her relationship with Craig was so chaotic.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved Paige so much! I loved her when she dated Alex too! I just thought her acting was subpar. And Ashley's acting was awkward. I wish terri had lasted longer on the show though. I really liked her!

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Also, did anyone catch the little Angie plays Tori in season 12? Huge inconsistency in the series and it bugs me. And I think her acting is just as good as it was when she played Angie.... and it wasn't good. But she is pretty.