52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Delibird View Post
    Doesnt this follow along some sort of copyright infringement of some sort? I'm surprised Neopets hasn't shut it down completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I asked the same thing about pokefarm q but they claimed they talked to nintendo and nintendo didn't care. (press X to doubt)
    My bet is they probably either have permission, or neopets doesn't have full rights to all of the UC art anymore due to various reasons (my biggest guess is that's partly why the UCs haven't been re released yet, and also why they were removed in the first place, they kept the ones they had rights to. BUT that's just a guess I don't actually know.)
    So if the rights lapsed they're probably not gonna get in trouble by neopets but rather the original artist that still has the rights.

They also might not have the time or resources to deal with it at the moment. Bigger fish to fry.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-26-2023),Crooked (06-26-2023),Delibird (06-26-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    Neopets most certainly has full ownership of all their art assets, copyright has nothing to do with the conversion. UC art files are not the same size nor the same resolution as converted pet art. The new UCs will most likely be redrawn versions of the old art in order to have the same image quality as the rest of the new pets, which is also why it may be taking so long given that their art team is Ukrainian.
    Thanks, I'm not sure how art copyright laws work

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Thanks, I'm not sure how art copyright laws work
    Yeah, typically when you’re providing art assets for a company, they have full ownership of the work you’re producing, especially if it’s illustrating the company’s intellectual property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-26-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    They also might not have the time or resources to deal with it at the moment. Bigger fish to fry.
    This, and the fact they aren't doing anything about N_Ts backend access either. I'm sure they just don't have the team size to take on most issues Neo is facing.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-26-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    wow only just hearing about those 3 sites and i for one am really sad they're invite only and that the seemingly best one of the 3 bans CK users on "principal" (?).. actually so weirded out by the straight up HATE this forum gets... everyone here has been nothing but lovely, the scripts just make tedious shit easier to cope with (hello rubbish dump auto grabber?? EVERYONE should use that thing). And i also never understood the negativity surrounding selling NC items/ pets. Like damn, i would MUCH RATHER give an individual person my money vs. giving more money to neopets to buy boxes to trade legit.. it's double the price and neopets isn't exactly putting our money to good use. and selling pets is FINE. people are just jealous i think? i don't know but it's so so so stupid.
    you can call me pix

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pppp3 For This Useful Post:

♥ Blissey ♥ (06-28-2023),Buizel (06-26-2023),Chilljoy (06-26-2023),Crooked (06-26-2023),DarkSkies (06-26-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    It's bullshit. The worst of the worst of the neopets community has decided that we suck so we automatically disrespect every game we touch I guess.
    I just really hate it. It's not fair. my download number is literally five. I have downloaded things from here five times in my entire life time on CK, but I guess that makes me some mass botter ruining the game for literally everyone and I've caused nothing but hell for neopets. I get neopets themselves feeling that way but the SPIN OFF GAMES? the ones who would economically collapse from us doing what we do on neopets thinking that we'd just do that to them for shits and giggles isn't right either.
    I wish we could talk to them rationally and be like "Yeah there's bad eggs in every community but why should the rest of us be screwed for that we just want to play games too. It doesn't mean we want to automate, bot, or cheat at every game we touch for the rest of our lives."
    For what it's worth, I don't think it's a case of Clraik users intrinsically being bad eggs at all - that would be pretty hypocritical of me. Lurking here across the years has been pretty formative to me as a software developer, anyways. It's really just the publishing of LC and Mystery Pic answers that's a non-starter. And I do really appreciate the fact that doesn't happen anymore.

As far as the moat I'm seeing folks refer to - I'd call that a protective measure for our mod team more than anything. A fun stat is that in the past year, we've received about 6 support tickets per day, which is a lot for a team of volunteers to keep up with. So the moat is a fair thing to be disappointed by, but I do think we'd collapse from stress & fizzle out if we had a complete open door policy.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twooldcat For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-28-2023),♥ pppp3 ♥ (06-28-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by twooldcat View Post
    For what it's worth, I don't think it's a case of Clraik users intrinsically being bad eggs at all - that would be pretty hypocritical of me. Lurking here across the years has been pretty formative to me as a software developer, anyways. It's really just the publishing of LC and Mystery Pic answers that's a non-starter. And I do really appreciate the fact that doesn't happen anymore.

As far as the moat I'm seeing folks refer to - I'd call that a protective measure for our mod team more than anything. A fun stat is that in the past year, we've received about 6 support tickets per day, which is a lot for a team of volunteers to keep up with. So the moat is a fair thing to be disappointed by, but I do think we'd collapse from stress & fizzle out if we had a complete open door policy.
    Are you one of the team members for one of the games? Sorry I'm running on little sleep and am confused by your answer a little,

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Are you one of the team members for one of the games? Sorry I'm running on little sleep and am confused by your answer a little,
    Yep! Just chiming in with my two cents because of the "I wish we could talk to them rationally" part of your post.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twooldcat For This Useful Post:

♥ pppp3 ♥ (06-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by twooldcat View Post
    Yep! Just chiming in with my two cents because of the "I wish we could talk to them rationally" part of your post.
    I can definitely respect why you wish to keep cheating discussions to a minimum, but the solution of "Don't discuss this site at all" is kind of a bummer. I've been really enjoying the site and was excited to chit chat about it with my Clraik community. Now, since my username/pets there are intrinsically linked with my identity on Neo, I'm not about to disclose that info (unless it's privately with friends I trust). In general it's a good idea for everyone to obfuscate their identity on forum-facing threads, lest we give people fodder for witch hunts.

But I don't see why we can't discuss new features, things we like and dislike, and so on while keeping the conversation legitimate. In fact, I think the ban leaves out a promising opportunity for Clraik users to share legitimate quality-of-life scripts which are uniquely allowed on your site! This could even serve to improve Clraik's reputation among legit players by offering QOL improvements that don't break the rules. Look ma, no cheating!

I think it's unfair to conclude that everyone who cheats on Neo is going to cheat on other sites. I cheat on Neo because it is a broken, unbalanced, tedious game. So far I have not found this to be the case on your site. In fact, I've enjoyed it so much I want to go into this community and sing its praises and chat with other players. A site-wide ban of discussion of the site just doesn't make much sense to me and I hope that perhaps you & the admin team here could find a happy medium.

~ lyla the bard ~
    in all things, be kind

^-- me looking at the Neo Trades boards on clraik

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bellz For This Useful Post:

♥ Blissey ♥ (06-28-2023),Buizel (06-28-2023),Cinderella (08-09-2023),Crooked (06-28-2023),Strat (01-31-2024),Synth Salazzle (06-28-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Well, I'm loving playing the clone sight that is not to be named and I play it legit I enjoy it more than regular Neopets at the moment.
    There are many incentives in place so that you wouldn't want to share answers to contests anyway !

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art