34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I'm not even a naysayer and I don't even want to cheat.
    If you glimpsed at or participated in that Mystery Pic discussion back in April, then you're exactly the person that they're looking to ban. They were very clear with me about that in our discussion. The threshold for what they consider to be cheating starts at being a clraik user. We banned Noah at Neopets Classic back in 2021 for stalking users around here to ban from his busted clone site. Looking back at these, Moderneo is the only site that we haven't come into conflict with. At least not from a managerial level.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    If you glimpsed at or participated in that Mystery Pic discussion back in April, then you're exactly the person that they're looking to ban. They were very clear with me about that in our discussion. The threshold for what they consider to be cheating starts at being a clraik user. We banned Noah at Neopets Classic back in 2021 for stalking users around here to ban from his busted clone site. Looking back at these, Moderneo is the only site that we haven't come into conflict with. At least not from a managerial level.
    I wasn't part of that at all whatsoever, and I actually don't even know what happened there or if there was a drama or something. Until current AC I haven't even played neopets since like 2019. They literally think because we're on this site we're actively doing shit that would screw their game over. not realizing that it can break smaller games so we typically don't even do that here.
    it just sucks. I hate the stigma. I want to play a game, and enjoy the nostalgia because the art looks good. I'm not going to automate it by default just because this is just my main community online in general because I find most other petsite places (like reddit and discord) stifling, insufferable and elitist.
    I don't hate these people or anything bad. I'm just really really frustrated cus I've been trying to get into leopets for like, probably as long as it's been around, been trying to get into neo classic for a long time
    moderneo idk if it's got refs/signup windows this is the first I heard of it.

The one that shall not be named is actually the one I want to play most, weirdly. Not because of this though. I was about to express interest before we couldn't discuss further. But because I liked the art.
    Why don't they even give us a chance? I don't get it. Why is there such a circle jerk of hatred toward us just for being here?

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Autobot (06-26-2023),Buizel (06-26-2023),Chilljoy (06-26-2023),DarkSkies (06-26-2023),Jesuslovescats (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    It's too bad that the situation is what it is, because neoclones try fix the biggest problem about the original that drive people to cheat in the first place— tedium. That combined with the nostalgic format and great art have made quite a few people I follow on other platforms switch from Neo to one of these other sites entirely. I know next to nothing about any of the technical requirements, or the skill involved in running a neoclone, or of any beef haha, but it's a drag that there's such a moat-like mentality.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-26-2023),Chilljoy (06-26-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I had no idea any of that 😱 I have accounts on all but I play completely legit, part of the fun and satisfaction of those sites is that you have the ability to achieve your goals through hard work while it's simultaneously not outrageously difficult,

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I wasn't part of that at all whatsoever, and I actually don't even know what happened there or if there was a drama or something. Until current AC I haven't even played neopets since like 2019. They literally think because we're on this site we're actively doing shit that would screw their game over. not realizing that it can break smaller games so we typically don't even do that here.
    it just sucks. I hate the stigma. I want to play a game, and enjoy the nostalgia because the art looks good. I'm not going to automate it by default just because this is just my main community online in general because I find most other petsite places (like reddit and discord) stifling, insufferable and elitist.
    I don't hate these people or anything bad. I'm just really really frustrated cus I've been trying to get into leopets for like, probably as long as it's been around, been trying to get into neo classic for a long time
    moderneo idk if it's got refs/signup windows this is the first I heard of it.

The one that shall not be named is actually the one I want to play most, weirdly. Not because of this though. I was about to express interest before we couldn't discuss further. But because I liked the art.
    Why don't they even give us a chance? I don't get it. Why is there such a circle jerk of hatred toward us just for being here?
    Because people on Neopets thrive off making ck seem like some devious black market site that's to blame for anything impacting Neopets as a game.

Inflated items? Cheaters must be the cause!
    A game isn't working? I bet cheaters made it go down by exploiting it.
    The AC isn't fun anymore? Well duh, it's because cheaters ruined it.

We're an easy target for sites to point the finger at and be the bad guys of any scenario. I would think that users who are from here and branched out to manage any one of these duplicate sites would be more understanding of how ck operates. But as we've seen, they aren't at all scared to buy into the same hive as others have.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (06-26-2023),DarkSkies (06-26-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Doesnt this follow along some sort of copyright infringement of some sort? I'm surprised Neopets hasn't shut it down completely.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    Because people on Neopets thrive off making ck seem like some devious black market site that's to blame for anything impacting Neopets as a game.

Inflated items? Cheaters must be the cause!
    A game isn't working? I bet cheaters made it go down by exploiting it.
    The AC isn't fun anymore? Well duh, it's because cheaters ruined it.

We're an easy target for sites to point the finger at and be the bad guys of any scenario. I would think that users who are from here and branched out to manage any one of these duplicate sites would be more understanding of how ck operates. But as we've seen, they aren't at all scared to buy into the same hive as others have.
    It's bullshit. The worst of the worst of the neopets community has decided that we suck so we automatically disrespect every game we touch I guess.
    I just really hate it. It's not fair. my download number is literally five. I have downloaded things from here five times in my entire life time on CK, but I guess that makes me some mass botter ruining the game for literally everyone and I've caused nothing but hell for neopets. I get neopets themselves feeling that way but the SPIN OFF GAMES? the ones who would economically collapse from us doing what we do on neopets thinking that we'd just do that to them for shits and giggles isn't right either.
    I wish we could talk to them rationally and be like "Yeah there's bad eggs in every community but why should the rest of us be screwed for that we just want to play games too. It doesn't mean we want to automate, bot, or cheat at every game we touch for the rest of our lives."

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    any/all
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    purely hypothetically speaking, but not doing witch hunts and not stalking people should not be the end to any ultimatum. people should simply be expected not to do those things!
    the idea of any site owner under any circumstance encouraging its users to stalk people is abhorrent. i would be glad to have never been given the opportunity to support such a site.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Delibird View Post
    Doesnt this follow along some sort of copyright infringement of some sort? I'm surprised Neopets hasn't shut it down completely.
    I asked the same thing about pokefarm q but they claimed they talked to nintendo and nintendo didn't care. (press X to doubt)
    My bet is they probably either have permission, or neopets doesn't have full rights to all of the UC art anymore due to various reasons (my biggest guess is that's partly why the UCs haven't been re released yet, and also why they were removed in the first place, they kept the ones they had rights to. BUT that's just a guess I don't actually know.)
    So if the rights lapsed they're probably not gonna get in trouble by neopets but rather the original artist that still has the rights.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Delibird (06-26-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I asked the same thing about pokefarm q but they claimed they talked to nintendo and nintendo didn't care. (press X to doubt)
    My bet is they probably either have permission, or neopets doesn't have full rights to all of the UC art anymore due to various reasons (my biggest guess is that's partly why the UCs haven't been re released yet, and also why they were removed in the first place, they kept the ones they had rights to. BUT that's just a guess I don't actually know.)
    So if the rights lapsed they're probably not gonna get in trouble by neopets but rather the original artist that still has the rights.
    Neopets most certainly has full ownership of all their art assets, copyright has nothing to do with the conversion. UC art files are not the same size nor the same resolution as converted pet art. The new UCs will most likely be redrawn versions of the old art in order to have the same image quality as the rest of the new pets, which is also why it may be taking so long given that their art team is Ukrainian.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-26-2023)