Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

question about buying pets

hey all
    so it's not on my to do list just yet, i'm a broke bitch and am also not ready to jump into the underground pet trading game (i don't even frequent the pc when i'm on neo.. which might be a good thing as i have a relatively low profile?) but on all the buying/ selling threads i see "known to pc" or "not known to pc" and i'm just wondering what is better/ what are the risks of either? i would assume NOT known to pc would be good because no one would recognise that pet as potentially bought off site, but then again i'm going in with no prior knowledge of this kind of thing.
    also - is there any way to confirm the pet isn't hacked/ stolen (or just red hot)?
    if i was interested in purchasing a pet here, i'd probably start with a decent name or low tier uc.. you wouldn't catch me buying a vwn high tier uc first thing - i would assume it'd set off alarm bells on the pc and we all know how much they LOVE that report function.
    i had a browse thru some threads and couldn't find any info so if there is one please feel free to link me, if not... fire away!
    thank you
    Last edited by pppp3; 05-26-2023 at 08:18 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    You have the general idea on pc known and unknown. Some people prefer one way or another. Pc known may be easier to advertise and trade on the PC if you’re active there. PC unknown would be better if you keep a low profile and don’t want anybody to bother you. In its simplest form.

I don’t think anybody is selling hacked pets, as in pets stolen from active accounts. It used to be fun to mess around with the PC back in the day by doing things like that, but now a days we steer clear of it so as not to hit the community. Generally the pets you’ll see as PC unknown will be from super inactive accounts or peoples own accounts who simply don’t frequent the PC.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Aldrif (05-26-2023),DarkSkies (05-26-2023),Excalibur (05-26-2023),♥ foxe ♥ (05-26-2023),Lazuli (05-26-2023),♥ pppp3 ♥ (05-26-2023),Pringle (05-29-2023),Sakuras (05-28-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    pretty much exactly what Andrew said. it definitely depends on what your preference is as both PC known and unknown have their own separate risks. it really just depends on how you go about being on the PC lol. but yeah starting off buying more low profile pets is definitely the smart route to go if you're new to the neo black market lmao. i remember the first thing i bought was an UC Faerie Ixi. and tbh i hardly had any issues with any of the pets i've bought/sold. ck is pretty much the best place to be for this kind of thing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazuli For This Useful Post:

♥ pppp3 ♥ (05-26-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    thank you royalty! that does make sense. i think for me personally bc i really only lurk the pc without posting (ive made like... 2? boards trying to trade my super-non-valueable-by-pc-standards pets in the past few months) i would go for pc unknown.. seems less suss.
    and that's good to know about the hacked/ stolen issue, i didn't think it was big here but i'd seen some stuff about it on old threads while i've been browsing the forum. i know it's a big no no here which i really support and agree with, but just wasn't sure if there was any way to actually confirm the pet is safe.
    appreciate the info

and hi lazuli, thanks as well!
    i guess the risk of a pc known pet on someones like my account would be the name being searched, and the pet being seen on someones profile that no one knows / hasn't frequented the boards so they'd be like how tf you get such a good pet???? who even are you????
    unknown would be like "hey ive had this pet for ages idk what ya on about"

i DO however frequent the neocash trading chat, and i think there's a fair bit of crossover between the two boards.
    Last edited by pppp3; 05-26-2023 at 08:32 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pppp3 For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-26-2023),Lazuli (05-27-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Hi pppp3

I think with regards to your concern vis-a-vis PC known pets,

i guess the risk of a pc known pet on someones like my account would be the name being searched, and the pet being seen on someones profile that no one knows / hasn't frequented the boards so they'd be like how tf you get such a good pet???? who even are you????
    Is that plenty of people also make trades through neomails, and aren't frequent players on the boards, and the blessed atmosphere of shuffles has made tracking what pet goes where and who traded and why more of a hassle; so PC known pets end up kind of covered in this way.

(The problem I would think of there would be if someone was so stalkerish they tracked all the old owners to try and guess what pet you traded them for it but even then, people shuffle their pets around so frequently, it's hard to know)

If you wanted a cover for a PC known pet, poke your head into a shuffle a few times.

And then as other people above have said, PC unknown is better if you keep a low profile, don't advertise the pet, and keep it off your "active" pet square; unless you build up a shell into a believable "returning player" account and then trade with yourself. The advantage is nobody knows to look for them because they aren't known, the disadvantage is a higher risk of someone who is familiar with your account checking your pets, deciding they haven't seen that pet before, and further, that it's a pet they don't recognize at all, and reporting it for being suspicious.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nameless Ghoul For This Useful Post:

♥ foxe ♥ (05-26-2023),Lazuli (05-27-2023),♥ pppp3 ♥ (05-26-2023),Sakuras (05-28-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Ghoul View Post

plenty of people also make trades through neomails, and aren't frequent players on the boards, and the blessed atmosphere of shuffles has made tracking what pet goes where and who traded and why more of a hassle; so PC known pets end up kind of covered in this way.

And then as other people above have said, PC unknown is better if you keep a low profile, don't advertise the pet, and keep it off your "active" pet square; unless you build up a shell into a believable "returning player" .
    okay so i guess in that case maybe a known pet would be better as tbh even though i don't go on the pc much i do go on newbies/ customisation/ NC trades a fair amount.. i don't have THAT much of a low profile in general, and i wouldn't want to have to hide the pet forever... i'd want to be able to customise it or at least have it as an active at some point.

my worst fear would be buying a pet that someone recognised, thought it was suss and made a public thread on the boards or something questioning the legitimacy. i've seen screenshots of that happening posted here and it looks gruesome.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    134 times
    Time Online
    246d 19h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    PC unknown pets are the best if you have an account you do not interact the boards with and want a pet to stay low profile.

PC known pets are okay if you interact on boards/don't mind if the pet is searched back to you (meaning receiving mail offers, sometimes annoying questions such as what did you trade for this pet?).

The lower the tier/rarity/popularity the safer you'll be. Also badly named pets tend to pass under the radar better since they aren't very loved.

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clefairy For This Useful Post:

Cherubi (05-26-2023),Sakuras (05-28-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    943 times
    Time Online
    116d 16h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    @(you need an account to see links) just in case you need more context, I have an UC pet buying and advice guide! hopefully there's some info in there that's helpful to you. it says 2021 but still very much applicable at the moment, honestly I'd say even more so it's easier to just get away with shit these days haha.

(you need an account to see links)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (05-26-2023),Lazuli (05-27-2023),Sakuras (05-28-2023),Sunflowers (05-27-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) just in case you need more context, I have an UC pet buying and advice guide! hopefully there's some info in there that's helpful to you. it says 2021 but still very much applicable at the moment, honestly I'd say even more so it's easier to just get away with shit these days haha.

this is EXACTLY what i need.. thank you so much ice

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pppp3 For This Useful Post:

Ice (05-26-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    413 times
    Time Online
    84d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post

I was exactly thinking about you @(you need an account to see links) when I read this lol

I think everyone has summed to the important stuff. Just be cautious, keep a low profile and you should be fine with your UCs

For your own safety make sure to buy a shell account first or ask seller for a shell, so you can trade from there to your account. The shell would be useful too with whatever buying you go for.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (05-26-2023),Ice (05-26-2023),♥ pppp3 ♥ (05-26-2023)