DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I follow nSheng for FC on my main and boochi for when i run the scripts on shells.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    I'd also like to add that Garet has been adding really cute dog pictures to his petpage too, so that's an additional treat to using his betting page.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Aero (05-27-2023),Cinnamoroll (05-27-2023),Politoed (05-29-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 8h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by billytiddles View Post
    Hello all!

This is something that has been bugging me for a long time - do you follow someone for FC bets or make your own?

I used to make my own on the very safe side, but got so hung up on it that I would waste too much time. Then moved to looking at the Reddit thread for vets and decided to follow nsheng. However over time I noticed some disagreement with the strategy and moved to JKR. Eventually I ended up taking the ideas of some of them and morphing it into something safer that aligns more with what I want.

I really dislike nsheng randomly picking between two 50% 2:1s and basing most of the profit on that decision - what irks me more is that they are lucky and it pays off. JKR likes adding in random extra bets on longshots and nsheng does the same with more reliable pirates, but only 1-2 in a competitive 4 pirate set.

Is this just me? Wondering what the community thinks or if I'm just delving too deep off the plank with this one.
    Currently following nsheng for all my accounts, and the profits have been nice. My forté is everything but numbers, so I'm unable to discuss why I chose him over the other betters. I did however follow the discussion/drama on the Neopets Subreddit, and I miss Chris' insights on which of nsheng bets to follow. Such a shame that he was bullied away, but the Neo subreddit is a cesspool of the most ignorant and annoying players.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Yesterday was a really good day nsheng's bets! My winnings were close to 700k. Probably the best day i've seen so far, just need to remember to do it everyday!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I tried following Nsheng because people said he was more consistent, but I don't like having most of my bets being 2:1 or 4:1. I know you can cascade but that never adds up to more than 12:10 or 16:10 and don't feel like I'm winning much (even in Aggressive setting)

I always prefer Phoenix for the high reward/risk, but recently I've busted a lot following him.

Overall, I think Garet's bets are more consistent and profitable, specially for newbies.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    23d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Boochi_target is the best one I've followed and I've done it on and off for years.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Quote Originally Posted by billytiddles View Post
    I can try! Let's say there is an arena like this:

13:1
    2:1
    2:1
    13:1

In food club the highest odds can be are 13:1, so it's possible that the 13:1 is actually much worse. Most guides/sites would put the 13:1 pirates at a 5% chance of winning. Since the other two pirates (the 2:1s) are the same, they have a split of a the remaining 90%, or 45% chance of winning each. Due to the unlikely odds of the 13:1 pirates, most people would call the two 2:1 pirates a 50/50 chance of winning.

Sometimes to boost winnings, nsheng will seemingly arbitrarily pick one of the two pirates to base part or most the set on to win while ignoring the other. Maybe there is some reasoning to it, but nothing that I can see (food allergy and position isn't considered). So basing winnings on a coin flip when it's usually more odds based irks me.

Hopefully that helps/makes sense.
    Thanks for the explanation! That does make a lot of sense. I never noticed (again probably because I never look LOL and don't know how to). I wonder if he writes an explanation somewhere- he seems to follow some kind of personally-created, codified algorithm? What do other betters do?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Thanks for the explanation! That does make a lot of sense. I never noticed (again probably because I never look LOL and don't know how to). I wonder if he writes an explanation somewhere- he seems to follow some kind of personally-created, codified algorithm? What do other betters do?
    I'm not sure if they ever did round by round analysis - they do have a thread with FAQs/advice on sets ((you need an account to see links)). They recently added in simple comments such as "High risk, high expected return" and stuff like that.

Other betters will give some insight to their approach though, pretty sure JKR does - not sure about Garet.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to billytiddles For This Useful Post:

Aero (05-27-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 12h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Is the Food Club worth it? Like, for someone such as myself who only plays on a main, legitimately anymore, if say I followed Garet, everyday, the entire year, what would an estimated profit be? Not asking for a ROI number, but like actual neopoint profit, 1m, 2m, etc...
    I have always been curious as to if Food Club is a legitimate way to make large amounts of neopoints or just to feed the need to gamble? (Don't mean that last part as any offense to anyone the way I worded it.)

J_L_K_64 rules you.

(you need an account to see links) - My YouTube Channel

(you need an account to see links) - My Twitch channel - Sunday thru Friday 9:30PM EST - 1:30AM EST

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplayer44 View Post
    Is the Food Club worth it? Like, for someone such as myself who only plays on a main, legitimately anymore, if say I followed Garet, everyday, the entire year, what would an estimated profit be? Not asking for a ROI number, but like actual neopoint profit, 1m, 2m, etc...
    I have always been curious as to if Food Club is a legitimate way to make large amounts of neopoints or just to feed the need to gamble? (Don't mean that last part as any offense to anyone the way I worded it.)
    Food club bets are proportional to the age of your account, so it's hard to give a specific number like that, but it's definitely a good way to make nps if your account is more than a few years old.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Delibird (06-21-2023),Masterplayer44 (05-28-2023)