45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    To be fair, having buses be on time is very difficult. No one can predict traffic, weather conditions, etc.
    True. Except that here there are bus lanes and the climate isn't extreme at all. Also, I've lived in a city (Dijon) where in the old town buses must drive through very narrow medieval streets that hardly fit one vehicle. And they have to pass in both directions which means timetable must be respected almost to the second otherwise the will block each other. And they managed to do it perfectly. In the newer part of the city there were delays sometimes, not in the old I don't know if that's still the case though.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    426 times
    Time Online
    122d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 1m
    Being late is a cultural thing here. We have sanctions in the most formal places, but still the doctor will be 45 minutes late, the plumber will arrive in the afternoon when he said he would arrive in the morning, your patients will come any other day. Concerts and parties will start two hours later than planned.

I am extremely strict with my schedule and always arrive 10 minutes early knowing that I will be waiting. I don't mind waiting because I'm used to it. Getting angry won't change anything anyway.
    But I am Spartan. When my time is up, I'll get out of there. Sorry if you're late and we couldn't finish something.

Pixie♥ ~
    Hatched 11/13/2020
    Chibi Grey Faerie by ♥ Wooloo ♥

(you need an account to see links)
    Both Grey Pixel Pixie by the Honeycomb

my ubs by Lyrichord

Ryupocalypse 07-15-2021
    Grey love faerie by Houndoom

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 14h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    True. Except that here there are bus lanes and the climate isn't extreme at all. Also, I've lived in a city (Dijon) where in the old town buses must drive through very narrow medieval streets that hardly fit one vehicle. And they have to pass in both directions which means timetable must be respected almost to the second otherwise the will block each other. And they managed to do it perfectly. In the newer part of the city there were delays sometimes, not in the old I don't know if that's still the case though.
    We have bus lanes here as well, and the climate is only extreme in winter. Yet transit often runs behind! Traffic patterns, even people getting on and off, it’s very hard to predict! Sometimes, yes it will habitually be on time but I always have stood by that transit runs on its own schedule and it’ll show up when it shows up.

I was just in Vancouver, BC and their transit system is amazing. It’s so well organised and runs so smoothly. It was pretty much always on time when I used it the last few days. I was surprised. But I think it’s because the system there is such a well-oiled machine (at least, compared to the transit system in my hole city) that it just flows and meshes well because people actually understand punctuality and that your lateness should not be someone else’s burden. You know what I mean?!

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

nousha (05-28-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    on occasion im late to work by about 5 minutes. and theyre not worried about it. science doesnt sleep but the lab starts around 9 and ends by 3:30 lol

however mostly from what i notice with people who purchase my stuff on fb marketplace theyre late by about 10 -15 min. everyones always doing something for sure.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    41d 2h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Oh heyyyyyyyyyy fellow Singaporean!!

I would agree with this. It really depends on the person!
    Oh i always thought that you were on the western side xD , nice to meet a fellow sg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Unown (05-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    17d 1h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Ohhhh I HATE being late unless it's going out to a party or anything, I will never be late. I just feel too bad about it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I would say cultural thing. For parties and such, I usually am on time or a little late. I always used to be early but learned its better to be ontime or a little late lol
    However, for like i.e. doctor appointments I am usually early

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 1h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Me personally, I'm really bad with time management so I always find myself cutting it really close sometimes with being late.
    Last edited by Cat Purrson; 05-28-2023 at 03:31 AM.

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 49m
    I'm a 90's kid and personally I always arrive to things 10-15 minutes early. I look at it as a form of respect to the other person when we've agreed to meet. It's ok to be running late sometimes due to uncontrollable circumstances as long as its communicated and they are actually genuine

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    We have bus lanes here as well, and the climate is only extreme in winter. Yet transit often runs behind! Traffic patterns, even people getting on and off, it’s very hard to predict! Sometimes, yes it will habitually be on time but I always have stood by that transit runs on its own schedule and it’ll show up when it shows up.

I was just in Vancouver, BC and their transit system is amazing. It’s so well organised and runs so smoothly. It was pretty much always on time when I used it the last few days. I was surprised. But I think it’s because the system there is such a well-oiled machine (at least, compared to the transit system in my hole city) that it just flows and meshes well because people actually understand punctuality and that your lateness should not be someone else’s burden. You know what I mean?!
    Yeah, you're right. And it goes to show it's possible, but the proper and adequate way must be found for it to work well, which could be different from city to city.