DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 19h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Its been a bit all over the place for myself as well.

Grew up in the Northeast, i experienced a fair amount lateness due to public transit and had to learn to plan early to accommodate for that. Buses and the trolley were close, but never on time. Usually about 15-20 late but they -would- always show up.
    As far as Dr. appointments went, they were pretty strict on being timely and would reschedule you most places. My own place of employment included. We had a tight window to keep with our doctors and a flow to the day, so if you were late by more than 15, you were rescheduled and that was that. Overall though people were on time or did their best and you were also able get things done without much hassle.

Now i live in the Southeast and want to rip my hair out. The local vibe right now is "all in good time" and there is no real sense of urgency to anything. Public transit is damn near non existent so you rely on uber/ride share if you aren't able to drive yourself.
    Doctors appointments are pretty lax and im usually seen late with the exception of my therapist. Everything has this sort of 'dilly-dally' feel and no real sense of urgency so I feel like im always in a rush and nobody else really is. Smaller town thing I guess? People tend to be on average about 30-45 late for things and thats pretty standard and in the realm of acceptable. Like if someone invites you over at 8, showing up anything before 9 is pretty commonplace and nobody would care.
    It drives me insane, like please just show up on time. Thank you.

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

Pronouns
    bur/den
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    5d 1h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I think there's people in every country that are inconsiderate towards other people's time. What I dislike is when people act like it's cute or quirky that they're late to every event or outing they're invited to. I personally try to be a bit earlier than planned because the idea of being late gives me anxiety lol

I think if I person is late to everything, they deserve to be excluded from future plans 🤷

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oddish For This Useful Post:

phantasia (02-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 5h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Being late is absolutely a thing in the US and it drives me feral. It's incredibly disrespectful to my time, plus people's lack of planning skills baffles me. I rely on public transportation, so I know how to plan around things such as traffic or whatever. If there's an emergency, I let someone know well ahead of time and don't wait for a "where are you?" message to give an update so that there's an opportunity to reschedule if needed.

Because of that I actually just hate planning things with people in general. I want to do things at my own pace, when I want to. Time waiting around for someone to drag their feet in is time wasted. Hell even last year, my sister was late to her own party.

I think anyone who knows me gets the picture. If they're more than ten minutes late to a thing I'm supposed to be doing with them without even bothering to update me, I'm gone. And likewise, anyone who I know is serially late to things (re: my sister) doesn't get invited to anything I organize. Harsh? Probably. But I may as well be getting the bus back home and be home by the time whoever finally decides to message me they can't make it two or three hours later.