Mentioned
    229 times
    Time Online
    64d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Oh heyyyyyyyyyy fellow Singaporean!!

I would agree with this. It really depends on the person!
    not bad not bad more SG ppl

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawn For This Useful Post:

Unown (05-29-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    41d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I think there are a lot actually. Some rich neopians profiles I've seen are from Singapore.
    Well shall go with count +3 for now xD

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    88d 7h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Seems we are getting uftopic.

Here even when we have online classes... the tutor comes in on time but then waits for the students. ... even though some students are already there and the session is recorded.
    I mean start in time... people can watch the tutor session later or learn to log in on time

6. The Following User Says Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

KJiU (05-29-2023)

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    229 times
    Time Online
    64d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I think there are a lot actually. Some rich neopians profiles I've seen are from Singapore.
    Yes we know a few very rich SG neopians

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I'm from a (cold) region/country that's known for its punctuality, and I really appreciate things generally being on time. Makes planning your schedule so much easier! And just like Lyrichord said, you don't want people to wait in the cold, although I'd hate having to wait out in the heat just as much.
    Being late to an appointment is a no go, it's considered respectful of others and their time to be at an agreed place at the agreed time. This goes for personal and professional life.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dot For This Useful Post:

KJiU (05-29-2023),phantasia (05-29-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    41d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    Seems we are getting uftopic.

Here even when we have online classes... the tutor comes in on time but then waits for the students. ... even though some students are already there and the session is recorded.
    I mean start in time... people can watch the tutor session later or learn to log in on time
    Let me drag it back on track, yeah i think its kinda of like a Standard operation procedure for all the teacher/lectures to wait for everyone to be around to start the lesson. Online class has the highest % of people getting late or joining as the lesson has already started, for my country here they still give a leeway for like 10mins and if u aren't here they will just block you.

Drifting off to lazyness here is a story :
    Back in my days (im still young xD) , in Singapore its called polyethnic( i think it is college / Associates degree. ?) i am too dumb to go university in sg.

Was studying in the engineering sector back then but for most Singapore students that go to polyethnic i guess 70-80% would turn lazy in the second year (we have 3 years). Like for my case my group of classmates when we reach year 2, most will skip lecture and ask those who attend to take the attendance for us . While they chill at home watching netflix (i wonder if it was around lol) , go watch a movie, or went somewhere else and we only attend the tutorial classes (but we still end up playing online games when the lecturer is teaching in the last row xD). I think it might still be the same but i'm not sure if the study culture has changed across the years.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

phantasia (05-31-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    97 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    My biggest pet peeve is when professors are late. I had one professor that was always 5-10 minutes late. I paid money for that class, I want the full time!

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    88d 7h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_Minx View Post
    My biggest pet peeve is when professors are late. I had one professor that was always 5-10 minutes late. I paid money for that class, I want the full time!
    Well here the professors are on time and the students are late and then they wait for them... meaning we start late and then he does not finish but times up so they will be like sorry the rest you will need to read yourself. And we as students cant do anything because the late comers literally are the majority and only like 20% of people the students will be on time. It makes me want to pull my hair out

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm from South America and here we have a culture of lateness which I'm pretty acostumed to lol. If you go to a doctor's office, for instance, it is normal to wait at least one hour