DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    16h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Darn, now I have to check all my sides to see what emails I;ve used. I have a lot of shell emails

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    157/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    88d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Creating Aliases on the same email account has helped me some when it comes to managing my multiple emails.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ked For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by PineNut View Post
    Likely a large class-action lawsuit if Google truly just purges "2 years+ of inactivity on email-accounts."

There's a lot more lucrative things than a Neopets account/email that would be available if that actually happens. It won't be that simple and this isn't the site to preach basic security...
    Maybe it's built into their terms and conditions, nobody ever reads those. They are doing their due diligence and sending out notices to recovery phone numbers/emails/etc. I don't see this being something that would be suitable for a class action. It's a very common practice among email providers. Hotmail and Yahoo already do it and have been doing it for years. Besides, who is going to be in the class-action lawsuit as the accusers if the emails are old and not used anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Fiore View Post
    There's a few email accounts that "don't exist" but when you try to recreate them they're taken. You think it could be a glitch or they're not fully purged from the system?

I know for a fact that a few Hotmail accounts of mine were purged YEARS ago but I'm unable to recreate them *shrug*
    I've come across this as well and it baffles me. I've tried to log into an email and it says it's not available and to sign up now. When I go to sign up with that email, it says I can't and to try something else. My best guess is one of two things:
    -The email is in line to be purged and in the limbo, waiting phase to see if somebody happens to log back into it before it's completely wiped
    -The email was formed into some kind of alias, associated with a different email. I'm not sure how this works or how to do it, but I've seen mention of it a few times in different places.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Fiore (05-22-2023)