30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
    What are the odds of this person being part of this community? How many people here would do the same thing if they had the capabilities/resources? I've been on quite a hiatus so just learned about this food club botter and don't know if they've already been identified on-site/off-site.
    I have my own suspicions of who it might be.. but odds are probably pretty good. Nobody needs that many NPs/items unless they have a selling site and a way to unload it all. So chances are pretty high they are/were on here
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    19d 5h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    What are the odds of this person being part of this community? How many people here would do the same thing if they had the capabilities/resources? I've been on quite a hiatus so just learned about this food club botter and don't know if they've already been identified on-site/off-site.
    He's making infinite np, offering insane amounts on items and inflating them and controlling the market.
    No one would care about him if he didn't do the second part.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    It's weird how synonymous it's been lately with users abusing the system equalling they come from here. People also thought this when it came to M+, thinking that the guild originated here, when they didn't.

All big, open cheaters aren't always from here just because of the type of rep Neopets users try to assign to us. Some people do their own business without specifically being associated with anyone.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Fiore (05-22-2023),howdy (05-23-2023),oventoast (05-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    It's weird how synonymous it's been lately with users abusing the system equalling they come from here. People also thought this when it came to M+, thinking that the guild originated here, when they didn't.

All big, open cheaters aren't always from here just because of the type of rep Neopets users try to assign to us. Some people do their own business without specifically being associated with anyone.
    Do we KNOW it didn't originate here though?
    Just playing devils advocate. It wasn't a thread or anything out in the open, but who is to say it wasn't a bunch of ck members on the low starting up something to cause a little chaos. In the grand scheme of things, M+ is pennies compared to what the FC botter is doing. That is on a completely different level, it's insane!

Realistically, TNT being unable to track their accounts down is mind boggling to me. It's their site, they are the admins and should be able to see everything. I'm sure there are audit trails and logs that can help them sort through things. Either they are so short staffed that they can't look into it or they simply don't care. Either way, I'm not sure what the best move forward is for them. Releasing cove items is cool, but if one person scoops them all up, it's basically business as usual. It's one thing to toss them in a collection, but I'm pretty sure that's not the end goal for the person who bought 100+ items from the cove.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

nousha (05-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    41d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I have my own suspicions of who it might be.. but odds are probably pretty good. Nobody needs that many NPs/items unless they have a selling site and a way to unload it all. So chances are pretty high they are/were on here
    Yeah most of the competent/big-time sellers have probably been around this community or directly involved so I wouldn't be surprised either.
    It's interesting to see the perspective from both sides of the fence because of how massive the inflation/economy has changed based on these botters.

If all the information from n_truths is accurate it seems crazy that users are being given such amounts of pets/items/etc from support generation without some sort of incentive/insider at least from my point of view and experience dealing with support.
    Even with all the information/details it seems unlikely but will be trying it myself as I haven't messaged support in a few years and maybe the new staff is just highly incompetent.
    Last edited by Hawaiian; 05-22-2023 at 08:49 AM.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Three letters. No vowels. Rhymes with shrimp if you say it fast enough. I wonder if he'll miraculously reappear with a massive inventory, or does he have a proper storefront? It's hard to keep track of who's working with each other anymore.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (06-01-2023),Buizel (05-22-2023),Excalibur (05-22-2023),I_royalty_I (05-22-2023),Kylae (05-22-2023),Shawn (05-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Yeah most of the competent/big-time sellers have probably been around this community or directly involved so I wouldn't be surprised either.
    It's interesting to see the perspective from both sides of the fence because of how massive the inflation/economy has changed based on these botters.

If all the information from n_truths is accurate it seems crazy that users are being given such amounts of pets/items/etc from support generation without some sort of incentive/insider at least from my point of view and experience dealing with support.
    Even with all the information/details it seems unlikely but will be trying it myself as I haven't messaged support in a few years and maybe the new staff is just highly incompetent.
    I can't dispute his information since I don't have access to all that.. but it's almost too detailed for me to doubt. Personally, I don't know how or why he spends that much time digging through all that stuff other than for the power trip. I'd have thought he might have used that access to profit a bit... maybe he is and just doesn't make that known... but he's definitely gathered a following. There's a lot of crazy things happening lately but we all have to remember that it's just a game. Yes, there is money in it, but it's just a game and shouldn't be taken SO seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Three letters. No vowels. Rhymes with shrimp if you say it fast enough. I wonder if he'll miraculously reappear with a massive inventory, or does he have a proper storefront? It's hard to keep track of who's working with each other anymore.
    We are of the same mindset there.
    I know that he does have a storefront, multiple actually. Haven't seen him on lately and can't 100% confirm, but since I'm a betting man.. I'd bet on him.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Bat (05-22-2023),Buizel (05-22-2023),howdy (05-23-2023),Shawn (05-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    He has a couple storefronts and actually reached out to me a couple months back to try to get supply, he was my first thought as well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Toyko For This Useful Post:

Bat (05-22-2023)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shawn For This Useful Post:

Buizel (05-22-2023),I_royalty_I (05-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    We could also all be wrong too lol

Issue I had finding was some of the unique items I am seeking the FC botter "sell" according to truths post and his data sheet, I haven't been able to find those items for sale offsite. Even on his multiple storefronts and couple other sites.

So I really have no idea where they are getting sold or who exactly it is, just my thoughts on it.