25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 14h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    I think the only time I seen Danpo "updated" was when they first took it over lol. Nowadays, it seems like people just trade for whatever...so I wonder if a UC guide is really needed.
    Tiers help newer traders more than experienced ones, and to keep them from being taken advantage of.
    Like, an experienced trader will know not to trade their VWN UC Faerie Yurble/Wocky for a UC Plushie Mynci, because they will be stuck with the Mynci forever or wind up with another unpopular pet or downtrade, whereas their former pet could have gotten them a WN T9-T10 with the right person.
    If someone comes back from a hiatus with a VWN popular UC they want to trade, and they accept their first offer of a unpopular, hard to trade UC that's one tier up, they might think it's a good trade because it's an "uptrade" and they're climbing the tiers, not knowing it was actually bad.

People will still trade for what they want regardless if there's a guide or not. There are plenty of people offering high tiers for VWN low tiers, for example.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Double.Trouble For This Useful Post:

Buizel (05-18-2023),♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-20-2023),galaxystar (05-20-2023),kiwifiend (05-18-2023),Politoed (05-23-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 13h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    This is good I felt like the guide should of retired a while ago and definitely grateful we had one in the first place. I feel like the tiers are pretty different now and certain pets trade higher way easily. I also felt like the BD to UC ratio is much less now since the announcement of NC UCs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    16h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've just got into UC trading and I have been using /~maureen. Are there any other y'all would recommend?