Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allow me to introduce myself. It is I!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Allow me to introduce myself. It is I!

Hello everyone! Hmmm I think, for now, I will go by Green.

I mean, where do I begin? I was a neo player back since 2001 or so. Fun times... I used to love the Battledome especially, and the plots. I was around for the first Meridell plot and I loved every second of it. I would go on every day without fail back then. Now Im older, I have a kid of my own and I guess I was just searching for a nostalgia trip at first when I logged back into my account recently.

Other than neo, Im big into digital art, 2d animation, and fantasy themes of all kinds. I like Pokemon as I assume many here do as well, but I also enjoy anime as a whole. nothing super unique: the usual shonen stuff like DBZ, Naruto, etc. I like reading the manga too and am up to date on most of them, lol. And while not Anime, I just want to say: Avatar the Last Airbender is one of the greatest animated series of all time! so funny. so awesome Other than that, Nintendo as a whole has a stranglehold on my heart

I will probably get into some Neopet drawings and train Battledome pets up. I've caught up on all the goings-on in the Battledome weapon department but in my short time back, I've realized how inflation will completely demoralize me from progressing to be able to become competitive in the Battledome. So many cool weapons that are staples to high-level battling that I will never be able to afford. I gave it an honest effort and while Food Club is awesome and helped me kickstart something, Things like Blaze and Thundersticks (too bad I started this year..), let alone Thyoras Tear and Jade Scorchstone will forever be out of reach. I don't know how, but I randomly came across this lovely community in my random search for answers.

I'm not sure yet how I can meaningfully contribute here but I'm down to try. In the beginning, it will likely be art-based as that is my current strong-suit. Everything I've read has been wonderful and a bunch of you seem like awesome, welcoming people. This is a new world we live in when compared to 2001. I'm interested in coding but am still learning, and am fascinated by how AI can be implemented in taking concepts to fruition, especially when the groundwork has been built and adaptations can then be made.

Hoping to make some new friends here.

Yours truly,

Green

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenscreen For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-20-2023),Excalibur (05-15-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Hi Green!

Welcome to cK! Really awesome youre interested in AI art, have you seen some of the AI youtube videos of songs and voices? Crazy how its all made and done...

Looking forward to seeing some of your art projects and animation! We do have sections for that.

Glad you like pokemon too! Which game is your favorite?

Youll fit right in here nice to meet you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Greenscreen (05-15-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hard to choose a favorite game. I grew up with it. I played the japanese version of Red before it came out in English and before I even knew what pokemon was. I really like diamond/platinum because I had to skip gen 3 when I was a kid and when I was 16/17 I was able to buy it for myself with that "first-job money". lol

I really enjoyed Sword and now Violet so Ive been pleased with the series overall. Crobat and Scyther are some of my favorites.

-I am definitely more into regular digital art, but I'm not as opposed to digital art as others in the industry might be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenscreen For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-15-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    whoa lucky!! how do you feel about Gen 2/3?

Im always playing SV so hmu we can game and venture out!

hopefully you share your art soon ! im excited to see what you got.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Greenscreen (05-16-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Fave gen 4 pokemon?
    welcome!

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-16-2023),Greenscreen (05-16-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    whoa lucky!! how do you feel about Gen 2/3?

Im always playing SV so hmu we can game and venture out!

hopefully you share your art soon ! im excited to see what you got.
    Gen 2 was amazing to me when it come out. I go Pokemon Crystal and my mind was blown! I loved being able to re-experience Kanto in the postgame. In hindsight, I do wish the level scaling was a bit better, but so many cool concepts were introduced. Red Gyarados was hype to me lol I never actually got to play gen 3 as a kid except Firered which doesnt really count. Ill play through emerald one day. Ive started it a few times but life gets in the way.

Im definitely down to play someday. Do you battle at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    Fave gen 4 pokemon?
    welcome!
    Gliscor without a doubt! but Drapion is a close 2nd. They were so cool. MONSTROUS!

But i loved how gen 4 brought back old pokemon with new evolutions. How about you? Any favorites from that gen that stand out?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenscreen For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-16-2023),Synth Salazzle (05-16-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Heya Green, welcome to cK and glad to see you hanging around You can visit the ryu section to get your own ryu, as i believe owning one would spice up your time over here.

I do love to see your arts soon and probably learn a thing or two from you with digital drawings. Haven't really touch on that yet but i hope soon (as i promise slowpoke that i will do an upgrade to a digital version of my doodle of ramen slowpoke that i did once i learn lol)

To join in the convo above , my fav mons are Gen6 (gen 2 and 3) , Mega Shiny Ampharous & Mega Shiny Gardevoir xD

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-16-2023),Greenscreen (05-16-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenscreen View Post
    Gen 2 was amazing to me when it come out. I go Pokemon Crystal and my mind was blown! I loved being able to re-experience Kanto in the postgame. In hindsight, I do wish the level scaling was a bit better, but so many cool concepts were introduced. Red Gyarados was hype to me lol I never actually got to play gen 3 as a kid except Firered which doesnt really count. Ill play through emerald one day. Ive started it a few times but life gets in the way.

Im definitely down to play someday. Do you battle at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Gliscor without a doubt! but Drapion is a close 2nd. They were so cool. MONSTROUS!

But i loved how gen 4 brought back old pokemon with new evolutions. How about you? Any favorites from that gen that stand out?
    I really loved Lucario and Garchomp but now that I'm older I put weavile and roserade in the favourite gen 4 category now with them

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    Heya Green, welcome to cK and glad to see you hanging around You can visit the ryu section to get your own ryu, as i believe owning one would spice up your time over here.

I do love to see your arts soon and probably learn a thing or two from you with digital drawings. Haven't really touch on that yet but i hope soon (as i promise slowpoke that i will do an upgrade to a digital version of my doodle of ramen slowpoke that i did once i learn lol)

To join in the convo above , my fav mons are Gen6 (gen 2 and 3) , Mega Shiny Ampharous & Mega Shiny Gardevoir xD
    I think I need to learn a bit more about the ryu before I dive in. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'd love to start doing art things for clraik, but I'm not too sure where to even begin? Do I post something in the creative section to offer doing something? Do I just post my art somewhere? Do I make a tutorial for how to make somehting? Where would I even find out what the people are interested in lol. Any recommendations on how to start would be amazing.

Im currently looking for qork but have some time before sleeping to come on here. Id love to get my rank up from Newbie, as buying the VIP isnt feasible right now. Besides being active on several posts, is there a good way to progress towards that goal?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenscreen For This Useful Post:

KJiU (05-17-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenscreen View Post
    I think I need to learn a bit more about the ryu before I dive in. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'd love to start doing art things for clraik, but I'm not too sure where to even begin? Do I post something in the creative section to offer doing something? Do I just post my art somewhere? Do I make a tutorial for how to make somehting? Where would I even find out what the people are interested in lol. Any recommendations on how to start would be amazing.

Im currently looking for qork but have some time before sleeping to come on here. Id love to get my rank up from Newbie, as buying the VIP isnt feasible right now. Besides being active on several posts, is there a good way to progress towards that goal?
    Yeah you can do both actually at the creative graphic design section : (you need an account to see links)
    1) A digital drawing service thread
    2) A digital drawing guide / tutorial etc under the tutorial section

The above will actually help you with getting reps (from guides / tutorial / drawing services) + your daily posts you would get your rank up