15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 18h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Mouse Suggestions?

I've been in the market for a new mouse but im not sure about this trypophobia mice that have holes in them... ill post pics in spoilers but im pretty sure i want to go corsair?

My questions are:

What are your thoughts on the "weighted mice"?

Can you give a little review on mice youve used the past couple years?

Should i go ebay/amazong cheapo mice?

Mice with more buttons better? Or less is more?

Different mice id purchase but id like to see what everyones thoughts are:

Trypop mouse bleh

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (05-29-2023),Zenitsu (05-08-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    16d 2h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I personally use the Logitech G502 Hero mouse, it fits really nicely in my hand and is still working well after 2 years. It is a really good investment!
    Because I play FPS games, I need the two extra buttons on the side, but not the 12 button mice in your second picture (that one is more for MMORPGs like WoW and FF14).

The G502 also comes with weights that you can adjust to your liking if I recall correctly. At the end of the day, I would definitely say if you can go to a shop and test the mice there it would be lot easier to find one that you like!

Signature requests (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mai For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (05-29-2023),Cat Purrson (05-17-2023),Excalibur (05-09-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 18h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Logitech eh? i used em in the 2000s when my dad was around thats all he swore by. At work i think we have logitech as a supplier so ill "longterm burrow" one and see how it goes.

thanks for your informative review! glad i got some of your experience on it.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I really like the corsair - i had it in the past and ended up switching because i am really picky about scroll buttons and didn’t like it. It kept double scrolling. But the 10 side buttons were amazing for MMO playing!!

I like Logitech too, its a solid mouse every time, but i tend toward corsair and steelseries branded ones for whatever reason.

Do NOT get a razer one, they have terrible double clicking issues. I like them when i use them but they always end up breaking in a year or so.

I currently have (you need an account to see links)and LOVE IT. It’s a perfect mouse for me - not customizable weight but there is a few they make that do. I don’t mind weight at all so it’s a non issue for me.

I also ordered (you need an account to see links) from a kickstarter that should be in later this year…. Hopefully its a good one lol!

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (05-29-2023),Excalibur (05-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I had gotten a Logitech G903, and within 2 years the buttons started getting messed up. I decided I'd try to fix it rather than just consuming and making more e-waste, looked into it and with a little soldering you can actually install BETTER clickers! The OEMs for these mouse's(mice?) actually cheap out and use Chinese made omron switches, not the good Japanese ones. You can actually get even better ones that even.

The ones I went with, and widely considered some of the best are the Kailh GM red switches. They snap so nice, it's like glass. Word of warning, changing them out on Logitech mouses is a little bit of a pain(think closer to cell phone repair), but it's very much worth it, and best of all, it's cheap!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bitbean For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-31-2023),Mario2302 (06-13-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    (you need an account to see links)

It works great after almost two years.
    I'm not a heavy gamer, unless you count Overwatch.
    We don't get sweaty though.

It's fairly light weight, which is exactly what i want. Heavy mice, my hand gets tired easier after extended use..
    There are not a lot of buttons to compulsively press, and no rubber for me to pick off..
    10/10 on the neurotic/weird scale~

Also, that holey mouse looks like hell to clean after cheeto/chip dust hands get ahold of it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldrif For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-31-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 18h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by bitbean View Post
    I had gotten a Logitech G903, and within 2 years the buttons started getting messed up. I decided I'd try to fix it rather than just consuming and making more e-waste, looked into it and with a little soldering you can actually install BETTER clickers! The OEMs for these mouse's(mice?) actually cheap out and use Chinese made omron switches, not the good Japanese ones. You can actually get even better ones that even.

The ones I went with, and widely considered some of the best are the Kailh GM red switches. They snap so nice, it's like glass. Word of warning, changing them out on Logitech mouses is a little bit of a pain(think closer to cell phone repair), but it's very much worth it, and best of all, it's cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrif View Post
    (you need an account to see links)

It works great after almost two years.
    I'm not a heavy gamer, unless you count Overwatch.
    We don't get sweaty though.

It's fairly light weight, which is exactly what i want. Heavy mice, my hand gets tired easier after extended use..
    There are not a lot of buttons to compulsively press, and no rubber for me to pick off..
    10/10 on the neurotic/weird scale~

Also, that holey mouse looks like hell to clean after cheeto/chip dust hands get ahold of it.
    thanks for the suggestions both of you! i do tend to collect things so those may be my next addition to my ever growing keyboard collection

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 50m
    I upgraded my Razer Deathadder v2 to the v3 wireless version and I’ve been loving it so much! I mainly look at ergonomics for a mouse and both Deathadders fit perfectly in my hand causing no pain after long sessions

Profile Pic thanks to @Lyrichord & Signature made by @Polorin!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Predict For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (06-01-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Predict View Post
    I upgraded my Razer Deathadder v2 to the v3 wireless version and I’ve been loving it so much! I mainly look at ergonomics for a mouse and both Deathadders fit perfectly in my hand causing no pain after long sessions
    I am actually the exact same way and actually use the Razer Deathadder v2 currently for the past few years.
    I'm tempted to look into the wireless v3 the next time I purchase a mouse. How's the battery life etc?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
    I am actually the exact same way and actually use the Razer Deathadder v2 currently for the past few years.
    I'm tempted to look into the wireless v3 the next time I purchase a mouse. How's the battery life etc?

The battery life is actually insane. It easily lasted me 3-4 days (8-12 hours per day at least)without needing a charge and they made the charging USB-C which takes around 2-3 hours for a full charge. They also improved the ergonomics and it took my hand maybe 2 days to get used to it, and since your used to the v2 as well, I'd definitely say its an amazing upgrade if you want to go wireless. I still keep the v2 tucked away since It'll always be an amazing wired mouse,

Profile Pic thanks to @Lyrichord & Signature made by @Polorin!