DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    693 times
    Time Online
    83d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    My number one destination? Iceland. 100%.

It’s beautiful, it’s full of nature, it’s not disgusting over populated and the best part? It’s not hot there. The weather is absolutely ideal for me. I love rain, and I love snow, and it’s never warm there. I prefer cool weather. I would thrive there. The only downside is it’s apparently very expensive there, but then again, I live in Canada and a lot of things are very expensive here as well.

Idk man I just really want to go around Iceland and camp everywhere. I’d want to go for at least 2 weeks, probably 3. That way I could really take my time and explore and appreciate the landscape

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-27-2023),Lyrichord (05-27-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    669 times
    Time Online
    210d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    I was in Banff earlier this year and was so sad I didn't get a chance to see the Northern Lights. I heard they're beautiful in Alaska though! I'd love to go whale watching there, too.

Speaking of volcanoes.. Would you want to visit Pompeii?
    Pompeii isn't my cup of tea. I'd see Mt. Vesuvius before that, but at this point it's not something I'd seek out. I'd like to see more lava from a safe distance, which isn't something that can easily be guaranteed!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-27-2023),Nattiee (05-29-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I think I /could/ do it, but I'd have to pack really consciously. I am generally one of those "I havent worn this outfit in over a year but what if I want to wear it on this trip?" type person... who then doesnt wear the outfit. lol
    Oh, yeah, that's fair. I am very much like that in real life, I hang on to everything just in case and I overpack for every single front-country trip I go on, and also was like that in camping to a lesser extent. I used to always bring lots of notebooks and a camera and an extra stash of tea and hot sauce and stuff like that.

I've only ever gone on trips through programs where I've had really guided packing instructions, plus whatever tweaks I've learned work for me. Like the stuff I mentioned above, but also stuff like I would always bring at least one extra pair of socks in addition to my sacred socks that live in my sleeping bag, but with backpacking I was always taught "ounces lead to pounds, pounds lead to pain". I also know that on most major trails (mainly the Triple Crown ones, but probably anything longer than a couple weeks) tend to collect a lot of extra supplies in those early trail boxes from people shedding stuff they don't actually need. I never tried lightweight camping, but it seems like it would be an interesting challenge, although half of it seems to be just getting the expensive gear that weighs less than it is to actually bring less. Also much easier to bring less in warm weather than when you need a dozen layers.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    333 times
    Time Online
    162d 6h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 48m
    Our next trip will likely be a road trip.

Our goal is to visit all 50 states in the US I think we have 7 checked off now.

We have a short goal of buying a 2nd home and moving in the next 2-3 years.

I'm not a huge fan of my job and there is talk it could be closing its doors in the next 3-5 years.

The goal is to leave the state if that happens or before that happens so we don't have a budget for traveling the next year or two.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (05-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    The wife and I are planning for our last big vacation for a while, just us two, when the oldest kid is like 7. We're planning to go to Japan. I got a airline credit card so we could build miles and do business class the whole way. It's hard to get away so we have to plan something like this YEARS ahead of time and have my parents watch the kids. Maybe sometime before that we'll go to Argentina to see her family over there, we both really want to see the penguins at the tip of the country. We could do that with the kids though, I'm sure they'd love it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post

It’s beautiful, it’s full of nature, it’s not disgusting over populated and the best part? It’s not hot there. The weather is absolutely ideal for me. I love rain, and I love snow, and it’s never warm there. I prefer cool weather. I would thrive there. The only downside is it’s apparently very expensive there, but then again, I live in Canada and a lot of things are very expensive here as well.

Idk man I just really want to go around Iceland and camp everywhere. I’d want to go for at least 2 weeks, probably 3. That way I could really take my time and explore and appreciate the landscape

There's a specific museum I know is the real reason why you wanna go
    Iceland is beautiful. I'd love to make it out there one day, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Oh, yeah, that's fair. I am very much like that in real life, I hang on to everything just in case and I overpack for every single front-country trip I go on, and also was like that in camping to a lesser extent. I used to always bring lots of notebooks and a camera and an extra stash of tea and hot sauce and stuff like that.

I've only ever gone on trips through programs where I've had really guided packing instructions, plus whatever tweaks I've learned work for me. Like the stuff I mentioned above, but also stuff like I would always bring at least one extra pair of socks in addition to my sacred socks that live in my sleeping bag, but with backpacking I was always taught "ounces lead to pounds, pounds lead to pain". I also know that on most major trails (mainly the Triple Crown ones, but probably anything longer than a couple weeks) tend to collect a lot of extra supplies in those early trail boxes from people shedding stuff they don't actually need. I never tried lightweight camping, but it seems like it would be an interesting challenge, although half of it seems to be just getting the expensive gear that weighs less than it is to actually bring less. Also much easier to bring less in warm weather than when you need a dozen layers.
    I want to hear more about these sacred socks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Our next trip will likely be a road trip.

Our goal is to visit all 50 states in the US I think we have 7 checked off now.

We have a short goal of buying a 2nd home and moving in the next 2-3 years.

I'm not a huge fan of my job and there is talk it could be closing its doors in the next 3-5 years.

The goal is to leave the state if that happens or before that happens so we don't have a budget for traveling the next year or two.
    It's almost as if the stars are slowly aligning to help push you towards that 2nd home goal. I'm sorry to hear about your job. When do you think you'll head to your next state & where will that be?

Quote Originally Posted by bitbean View Post
    The wife and I are planning for our last big vacation for a while, just us two, when the oldest kid is like 7. We're planning to go to Japan. I got a airline credit card so we could build miles and do business class the whole way. It's hard to get away so we have to plan something like this YEARS ahead of time and have my parents watch the kids. Maybe sometime before that we'll go to Argentina to see her family over there, we both really want to see the penguins at the tip of the country. We could do that with the kids though, I'm sure they'd love it.
    How old is the eldest now? How many miles are you away from your goal of business class? It sounds like a great goal to start building up for. Depending on who your card is with, there may be ways of accumulating miles faster, especially if you're willing to swap out cards (or even split your credit limit to 2 cards) during a promotion where they give bonus miles for new activations! It's not a tactic for everyone, though.. especially for those who aren't great at managing debt but it's definitely a way to fly **pinkies out**

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post

I also want to go to Iceland - I was there once for about 20 minutes on a layover during another flight, but my family is Icelandic and I would love to go visit!!

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I want to hear more about these sacred socks!

So, like, when backpacking it's good to have a couple/few (depending on how long the trip is) pairs of socks to wear in rotation because if they get soaked during a river crossing or anything like that continuing to wear them can lead to all sorts of unpleasant things (think trenchfoot). But, it's good practice to always always always have a pair of socks you keep in your sleeping bag, that never leave your sleeping bag, that are waiting for you every night to keep your toes/feet warm. (Normally I cannot stand wearing socks to sleep, but camping is the exception). Even if in the morning all your other socks are damp, don't sacrifice the sacred socks. But then on the last day you can use them and it's such a nice treat.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (05-29-2023),Nattiee (05-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    So, like, when backpacking it's good to have a couple/few (depending on how long the trip is) pairs of socks to wear in rotation because if they get soaked during a river crossing or anything like that continuing to wear them can lead to all sorts of unpleasant things (think trenchfoot). But, it's good practice to always always always have a pair of socks you keep in your sleeping bag, that never leave your sleeping bag, that are waiting for you every night to keep your toes/feet warm. (Normally I cannot stand wearing socks to sleep, but camping is the exception). Even if in the morning all your other socks are damp, don't sacrifice the sacred socks. But then on the last day you can use them and it's such a nice treat.
    This is a great idea. Definitely was not thinking anywhere ball park near that. I thought they were some random pair of like whimsical pastel socks with something cute like a ramen bowl or a unicorn on it lol
    Can you tell I'm an expert camper

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

kittyray (05-29-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    This is a great idea. Definitely was not thinking anywhere ball park near that. I thought they were some random pair of like whimsical pastel socks with something cute like a ramen bowl or a unicorn on it lol
    Can you tell I'm an expert camper
    omg that's so cute, though
    I was gonna say that smartwool should make cuter hiking socks but then I remembered it's been over a decade since I've had reason to buy new ones and the cycling/running socks I've bought since then had some pretty pastel stuff, so I decided to take a gander, and dang stuff really is much cuter than it was prior to 2011.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (05-30-2023)