52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m

Where Do You Want To Travel?

Do you have any trips planned this year?

If money wasn't an issue, where would you go and why?

Lately I’ve been itching to take more time for myself and explore. Literally anywhere. I love to travel, explore new cultures, cuisines, and understand the history. I wanted to share where I want to go and what I want to do. Maybe you’ll share some of your travels, too.

This time of year I always think of Japan. Between April and May is when the Sakura trees bloom and from the pictures I’ve seen, it’s the most beautiful thing.
    Here’s a picture of Himeji Castle in Hyogo around the beginning of April. I mean, come on.. Castles and pretty trees? Give me a warm coffee, some comfy shoes and let’s go for a walk!

Tokyo also has a Cherry Blossom Festival I’d love to go to.. but only partially. I’ve read it’s very, very busy and crowded so it may not be as enjoyable as I imagine in my head but I think it’s one of those “you gotta do it to say you’ve done it” type of things.

If you live there or if you’ve been during this time, how was it? Do you recommend? Are there any better places to go during this time of year?

Another place I’d love to go is Kenya. I’d love to go see the wildlife there. Get up and close with a rhino or a lion (and not get mauled, of course!) In Nairobi they have a Giraffe Manor where you can eat with and feed the giraffes that come hang out. I’ve been itching to go since I realized it was a thing!

There’s also a place you can go bungee jumping. Not sure if I’d actually have the guts to try it but I feel like if I were to do it anywhere, a cool place like Sagana would be where I’d do it.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-14-2023),Excalibur (05-08-2023),j03 (05-07-2023),KJiU (05-08-2023),Slowpoke (06-12-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    41d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I would still prefer to go to Japan , but there is also Taiwan and South Korea (maybe ?) that is when "$$ wasn't an issue"

I will need to wait 1-2years till my wallet recovers , i went to Japan on Jan 2023 kinda a disaster (for my wallet) + learning trip for me. Won't drag it too long as i went kyoto > osaka > tokyo , after kyoto it started went downhill where everything doesn't go along with the plan haha.

@(you need an account to see links) , i didn't go during the Sakura bloom period when i went there they are already dead (witter) haha. I would avoid their golden week / school holiday / event / peak period as you will have to fight with the japanese crowd + tourist crowd which resulting in more disappointment compared to excitement / enjoyment.

Its still worth going there now since the currency is low which its a benefit to visit , my favorite month would be November since its less hot and more windy cooling with an on/off rain . But the thing about November is the risk of encountering the typhoon (if you take it away its a good month to visit) .

Harry potter
    The new attraction for those who are interested/ harry potter fans would be the Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo – The Making of Harry Potter , which will be opening on June 2023.
    With this they will have 3 :
    1) USS harry potter section
    2) Akasaka - Harry potter plaza with a cafe + shop ( need to reserve to be safe ) newly launch during 2022
    3) Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo – The Making of Harry Potter ( the Hype of the year ) launch at june 2023

Onsen
    Onsen is also a must to try if you go japan do recommend it , Arima onsen would be a good choice but there is still others .

Nara Deer
    Nara park is pretty cool where the deers roam around and you buy biscuit to feed them and play around with them. They will bowing their head to ask you to give them food its what i observe when i went there.(If you plan to head over there do not feed the deers at the front part , because there is still a large scale of land behind with tons of deer waiting)

Arashiyama
    -Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
    -Tenryuji temple & that street with lots of shops & food
    -Monkey park
    these could be chain up together as they are nearby each other.

There are lots more to be explore along with the sakura season but i will leave it to the others to advise on that haha .

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-08-2023),Jesedmoga (05-26-2023),Nattiee (05-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    I would still prefer to go to Japan , but there is also Taiwan and South Korea (maybe ?) that is when "$$ wasn't an issue"

I will need to wait 1-2years till my wallet recovers , i went to Japan on Jan 2023 kinda a disaster (for my wallet) + learning trip for me. Won't drag it too long as i went kyoto > osaka > tokyo , after kyoto it started went downhill where everything doesn't go along with the plan haha.

@(you need an account to see links) , i didn't go during the Sakura bloom period when i went there they are already dead (witter) haha. I would avoid their golden week / school holiday / event / peak period as you will have to fight with the japanese crowd + tourist crowd which resulting in more disappointment compared to excitement / enjoyment.

Its still worth going there now since the currency is low which its a benefit to visit , my favorite month would be November since its less hot and more windy cooling with an on/off rain . But the thing about November is the risk of encountering the typhoon (if you take it away its a good month to visit) .

Harry potter
    The new attraction for those who are interested/ harry potter fans would be the Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo – The Making of Harry Potter , which will be opening on June 2023.
    With this they will have 3 :
    1) USS harry potter section
    2) Akasaka - Harry potter plaza with a cafe + shop ( need to reserve to be safe ) newly launch during 2022
    3) Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo – The Making of Harry Potter ( the Hype of the year ) launch at june 2023

Onsen
    Onsen is also a must to try if you go japan do recommend it , Arima onsen would be a good choice but there is still others .

Nara Deer
    Nara park is pretty cool where the deers roam around and you buy biscuit to feed them and play around with them. They will bowing their head to ask you to give them food its what i observe when i went there.(If you plan to head over there do not feed the deers at the front part , because there is still a large scale of land behind with tons of deer waiting)

Arashiyama
    -Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
    -Tenryuji temple & that street with lots of shops & food
    -Monkey park
    these could be chain up together as they are nearby each other.

There are lots more to be explore along with the sakura season but i will leave it to the others to advise on that haha .
    Thank you for this. I love Harry Potter and would definitely check that out. They also have a Super Nintendo World I would absolutely crazy at.
    Why didn't your trip go according to plan if you don't mind me asking?

It's good to know about typhoon season. I didn't even think about that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

KJiU (05-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I really want to visit the Czech Republic, among other places in Central Europe -- it seems underrated, it is relatively cheap (compared to western Europe), and the food/beer will be great. I also have a friend living there that I could visit. Partly I was inspired after playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which is set in medieval Bohemia.

I have also been to Finland a few times, but I'd love to go back there someday. Same with Italy and Greece. They are fantastic places and very much worth several visits.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sanctus For This Useful Post:

Dot (05-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 16h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    My wife and I have a low key goal to visit all 50 states. It doesn’t count if we’d already gone, only counts when we are together. Last year we both planned a trip, I crossed off Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. We hit Arizona, Nevada(Vegas), and about 5 more last year too. We’ve also been to 7 different NFL stadiums for games in the past year or two. That’s just a fun activity we enjoyed!

I really want to visit Iceland and Fiji. Plenty of spots in Europe I’d like to go too!
    We are heading down to Pensacola this Friday until mid next week, so looking forward to that now too
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

10. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Lazuli (05-13-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Japan is high on my list, as is Australia. I'd probably like to visit the coast and somewhere a bit more rural. I prefer the country so I like the 'down to earth' flavour of local culture you find outside of big cities. Nowadays, big cities seem to be more similar than not around the world.

In Europe I'm keen to visit Portugal, Greece, and Italy - all for historical sites and the local food. I've got a trip to Rome, Italy booked for July which I'm really looking forward to!

For cosy, relaxing walks amongst gorgeous trees I also recommend Maine / New England in autumn.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 16h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by pangle View Post
    Japan is high on my list, as is Australia. I'd probably like to visit the coast and somewhere a bit more rural. I prefer the country so I like the 'down to earth' flavour of local culture you find outside of big cities. Nowadays, big cities seem to be more similar than not around the world.

In Europe I'm keen to visit Portugal, Greece, and Italy - all for historical sites and the local food. I've got a trip to Rome, Italy booked for July which I'm really looking forward to!

For cosy, relaxing walks amongst gorgeous trees I also recommend Maine / New England in autumn.
    Absolutely agree with your about Maine. It’s beautiful up there. I had a family member go to school up there and I’d visit every so often just to enjoy a little getaway. Acadia national park is amazinggg. I’d go back up just to explore that some more. Wonderful nature spots everywhere.

I once drove from MD to Maine and I think my favorite state to drive through was Connecticut. It was in the fall and the leaves were changing. Even driving along the highway was gorgeous.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

13. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (05-08-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    92 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm going to Asia in the November! I studied abroad in college and made friends with people abroad and at uni who were international students. For sure I'm going to Hong Kong. I have a bunch of friends there and went in November a few years ago to see them and the weather was perfect. A friend of mine is Thai (born in the US) and she and her family are spending the month of November in Thailand so she wants me to visit them and hang out because she's been itching to show me around and eat all the foods (I'm quite the adventurous eater actually). So, probably Thailand and Hong Kong in November. I've been dying to go to Singapore, but I don't want to over do it with this trip and want to spend enough time in Hong Kong and Thailand without rushing things.

Literally a few weeks before the pandemic went full blown, I was talking to a lady at work who got back from New Zealand because I was going to go there in fall of 2020 and meet up with a friend (one from Hong Kong) who wanted to go do some skiing/snowboarding there. It's funny, flying is one of my biggest (if not THE biggest) phobia and regularly have nightmares about plane crashes, but I figure, if I'm gonna bother to get on an airplane, the destination better be worth it so I usually reserve airplane travel for international trips. Otherwise, I don't leave my town or state lol.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    41d 1h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    Thank you for this. I love Harry Potter and would definitely check that out. They also have a Super Nintendo World I would absolutely crazy at.
    Why didn't your trip go according to plan if you don't mind me asking?

It's good to know about typhoon season. I didn't even think about that.
    Its kinda like those stories where u have many disasters one after another xD i will share it with you once i find some time to compile and summarize it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (05-09-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 18h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    ive been meaning to respond to this. i have nothing planned this year besides small trips to Indianapolis or dells.

if money wasnt an issue, phillipines, egypt, france, japan and germany.

i really want to travel the world. unfortunately i dont have travel world pay + im way to involved in spending money on dumb things. however with your 75 challenge ive been better. current goal is to get the daily, the next goal is to save my buffer back up.

first stop for sure would be japan. ive only been in the terminal but i regret not leaving it. such a wonderful vibe. i also want to visit the nissan museums (lol)

after that probably egypt. i want to see the pyramids before im 50 so thats the goal. growing up watching mummy and scorpion king (although its a movie) made me fall inlove with that lifestyle of desert running etc.

when ac origins came out i played it nonstop to get a sense of the desert. same thing with jak3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

KJiU (05-11-2023)