1/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

I got scammed big time

I'm probably not really knowledgeable about Fiverr, but I was trying to get a service done to get my twitter account back. Basically someone hacking to find my password and email for the account. I need to vent because I probably in the back of my mind am too trusting of people.

You may have heard how Twitter is going downhill. A lot of their account recovery stuff on their site is broken, and I honestly can't get back on my twitter account. I have personal reasons why I wanted to get it back. But I was basically scammed out of $136 just to find a "white hat" service to get it back since twitter just automates their stuff for account recovery.

Anyway I ordered a service through Fiverr, and the person looked trusting unfortunately not enough reviews.
    I waited 24 hours just to find out I was scammed because he asked money upfront and and paypal friends and family.
    I kept insisting that I want to pay through the platform but he said that I can't because the Application required money upfront.

Just not sure what my options are and yes I took a risk but it was a dumb one.
    I was aware it was a 50/50 chance that I had found someone to help me get this sorted out.

Anyway I am pretty bummed out about this.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Sorry to hear about your situation @(you need an account to see links)

I'm pretty sure you can still file a dispute against said seller and eventually get your money back. You'll need to provide proof of this scenario. If you're having trouble, please make sure you try their live chat support! It's helped me in the past.

Good luck!
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-03-2023),Hollow (05-04-2023),Zenitsu (05-04-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    You can try to submit a chargeback via PayPal. F&F just avoids most fees, it’s not an end all be all. There’s still a chance you can dispute the charge and get the money back.

Id say it was likely a 10% chance of finding somebody who could actually get this done instead of a 50/50.. maybe even less considering it’s fiver. This is still black hat activity, grey hat at best. I’m not sure what the recovery process looks like on twitter atm but anytime something seems to good to be true…

Regardless, that sucks and I hope you can get it sorted!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-03-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Jo3 and Royalty summed it up, you can try to do the chargeback and see if it works. Sucks this happened... especially since fiverr is a pretty decent website to get stuff ordered through. Makes me have some doubts... Guess ill look for higher reviewed people as well.

Thanks for posting and hope you get some money back at least.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Thanks guys well for further context the service was $7 then he asked additional payment within the chat.
    I’ll give a further explanation when I’m on a computer.
    But yeah that’s where it went downhill. I could go to fiverr, PayPal or even my bank. I used a CC so maybe there’s some level of protection.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Thanks for the advice and all, @(you need an account to see links) did you do a dispute with Fiverr or with Paypal or the Bank on this? because its friends and family.

@(you need an account to see links) Thanks I'm hoping I can file the dispute and get it all back. Otherwise I'll go to the bank for it. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    I used to do some work on similar apps, and basically anyone asking for payments outside the app = red flag, f+f even more so. But people can be really convincing and make it sound urgent or a better deal for you - they only keep doing this scam because it works.

I'm really sorry it happened to you, I hope you can recover the money.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (05-04-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    378 times
    Time Online
    88d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Thw fact that he did not want to work through the platform is a major red flag. You should have stopped right there

I am sorry this happened to you. People can never be trusted

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by mofumofu View Post
    Thanks guys well for further context the service was $7 then he asked additional payment within the chat.
    I’ll give a further explanation when I’m on a computer.
    But yeah that’s where it went downhill. I could go to fiverr, PayPal or even my bank. I used a CC so maybe there’s some level of protection.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Thanks for the advice and all, @(you need an account to see links) did you do a dispute with Fiverr or with Paypal or the Bank on this? because its friends and family.

@(you need an account to see links) Thanks I'm hoping I can file the dispute and get it all back. Otherwise I'll go to the bank for it. :/
    Through PayPal. You might want to contact Fiverr support as well and let them know so this person is banned and won't have the chance to scam anyone else.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

12. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (05-04-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Oof, I’m sorry to hear that. Never, ever send payment outside of the app. And never send as friends and family unless it is actually friends or family or someone you know you can trust.

F&F can be hard to get back - often PayPal makes you jump through hoops to get it back, if they even will let you open a dispute for it. Wishing you best of luck.

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Wishing you the best of luck! I won’t echo what the others said, but I’ve made a personal rule for myself that if I buy anything past $100 or even lower if you’re concerned, I’d make sure it’s goods and sellers fee to make sure you can report the sale of it goes wrong. PayPal fees aren’t that bad if you’re making a big purchase because safety of mind I think matters more. Wish you luck and hopefully you can get the transaction reversed!