Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your work out or gym routine? Let's get fit together!

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

What is your work out or gym routine? Let's get fit together!

I gained about 15 pounds since the pandemic and I haven't much of the weight yet I used to be a pretty fit person so I'm trying to get back into shape. Something tells me some of y'all are going through the same struggles. So what are some work out, gym, or fitness routines/youtubers/tips you'd like to share with everyone?

I'm currently on a 1200 calorie per day diet on track to lose a pound a week. I'm hoping to be more physically active and do home work outs as well as hit the gym once the summer starts. Share your fitness goals if you'd like too!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (05-02-2023),j03 (05-08-2023),♥ lint ♥ (05-08-2023),pangle (05-02-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I feel you! So important esp when we have hobbies like Neopets which isn't the best for movement... I gained a lot of weight when the first lockdown ended in the UK because I would go out and eat out at the slightest excuse - admittedly not the healthiest habit. It was just so nice to have the option! Plus, I started a couple of medications which both have weight gain as a side effect so hey-ho.

For workout follow-along videos I like to use free bodyweight-type videos from channels like Tone it Up and Growwithjo. When it's only 15-20min it feels achievable and I don't have to get any equipment out! I did get a treadmill too which is helping within just the first month. I'm not focusing on weight or calories just yet (worried I might go too obsessive) but instead focused on feeling healthier and getting back to the routine/food habits I had before I gained weight. Just walking 30min a day is already making me sleep a lot better. Trying to stack those mico-habits!

Good luck with your health goals!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pangle For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    I gained about 15 pounds since the pandemic and I haven't much of the weight yet I used to be a pretty fit person so I'm trying to get back into shape. Something tells me some of y'all are going through the same struggles. So what are some work out, gym, or fitness routines/youtubers/tips you'd like to share with everyone?

I'm currently on a 1200 calorie per day diet on track to lose a pound a week. I'm hoping to be more physically active and do home work outs as well as hit the gym once the summer starts. Share your fitness goals if you'd like too!
    This is good timing! My favorite youtube trainer just started her summer program. I've completed several of her past programs and adore her, but her Summertime Fines are always the most popular.

(you need an account to see links) just started her Summertime Fine '23 program. It's really good - 30-40 min at-home workouts for 5 days/week. A new one goes up every morning! I have slowly built up my home gym over the past several years but hers are really great for low-equipment (or even just a couple of weights).

I supplement her workouts with orangetheory just because the financial incentive of wasting my money helps me stay on track to some degree haha

Good luck!! this is super important for overall health and getting started is the most difficult part. I find Sydney's 30-40min workouts so easy to incorporate and she removes any of the excuses I try to come up with to get out of exercising with her workouts!

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-02-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post

Well i used to do heavy power lifting then i had a hernia.

Now its different. i lift roughly 12-15reps and 3x4 sets

My weights are still in the high range but i do typically:

Biceps and chest

Back and triceps

Legs and shoulders

cardio and abs

im leaving work but ill edit this when i get home with some pics of exorcises. I start my mondays with the worst IMHO (legs) then the rest of the week is just peachy. I also consume my weight in protein (210) trying to hit 225. Cardio is my weakspot, but incline 3.5 and speed of 3.8/4.0 and youll be fine 30 minutes or 45 per day. it gets boring use stairclimber hope this helps!

Also yes diet is a thing but eat clean, pretty veggies (bright colors etc) and count the calories if youre trying to reach a specific goal. im lazy so i just guess but ive been okay so far. i know if i was super strict id reach my goals alas food tastes too good and i cant stop eating LOL

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-02-2023),♥ lint ♥ (05-08-2023),Predict (05-02-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    I body build 6 times a week with a healthy dose of cardio sprinkled in! I split all the main muscle groups (Chest, Arms, Legs, Shoulders, Back+Decline Ab crunch x50/100 after every workout) and run each muscle group on rotation on repeat, with Sunday being my rest day (cant miss UFC & NBA!).

In terms of diet l did heavy strict keto (20 carbs a day) for 10 years and its absolutely my favourite diet for getting shredded and maintaining muscle mass. Now I'm mostly on a low carb version of keto with a heavy focus on proteins & fats, and I'll have 1 day a week that I eat more carbs then usual.

I'm currently 72kg with 10% BMI! Gym is definitely my happy place
    Last edited by Predict; 05-02-2023 at 05:08 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Predict For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-02-2023),Excalibur (05-02-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Anybody ever do low carb. A few years ago I was very into it. I had way more energy and just felt.. clean? I don’t know how to describe it but it was a great feeling. Life wasn’t as crazy back then so it was much easier. Now a days I do a /lazy/ low carb and try to minimize where I can. I’d love to get back into it hardcore but I’ll make it like a week and then the weekend comes and a group of friends influence poor choices lol

For workouts I tried the gym earlier this year. Lasted about a month. I enjoyed it but realized I’m not really a “gym person”. I’d much rather do HIIT with free weights, body weight, and a few pieces of equipment I have at home. Cap that’s off with a 3-6 mile run after work and I feel much better. Being out in nature, running at the park, excites me so much more than being in a gym.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note - does anybody have or know anything about Tonal?
    My wife really wants to get one.. but that price tag is insane to me.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-14-2023),Predict (05-08-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Anybody ever do low carb. A few years ago I was very into it. I had way more energy and just felt.. clean? I don’t know how to describe it but it was a great feeling. Life wasn’t as crazy back then so it was much easier. Now a days I do a /lazy/ low carb and try to minimize where I can. I’d love to get back into it hardcore but I’ll make it like a week and then the weekend comes and a group of friends influence poor choices lol

For workouts I tried the gym earlier this year. Lasted about a month. I enjoyed it but realized I’m not really a “gym person”. I’d much rather do HIIT with free weights, body weight, and a few pieces of equipment I have at home. Cap that’s off with a 3-6 mile run after work and I feel much better. Being out in nature, running at the park, excites me so much more than being in a gym.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note - does anybody have or know anything about Tonal?
    My wife really wants to get one.. but that price tag is insane to me.

Sounds like you're describing ketosis! It definitely gives you much deeper quality sleeps which results in this super "switched on" feeling all throughout the work day. Not an easy diet to maintain but if you stick to it, results will definitely show!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Predict For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-14-2023),I_royalty_I (05-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Predict View Post
    Sounds like you're describing ketosis! It definitely gives you much deeper quality sleeps which results in this super "switched on" feeling all throughout the work day. Not an easy diet to maintain but if you stick to it, results will definitely show!
    Oh absolutely! I had those sticks you pee on to check your ketone level and everything. I was pretty big into it. I always wondered why when I took my bed out of storage after 6months during Covid I slept terribly. Maybe it was because I wasn’t following the low carb for awhile. I never really noticed the deeper sleep actually, but that makes total sense. Yet another motivator to get back into it.

When I was focusing on it hardcore it was simple. I’d go to work, eat sausage and eggs at the cafe. Then have usually a salad and chicken at lunch. Intermittent fasting mixed in since I wasn’t usually hungry for dinner. It was TOUGH initially but then it was habit. It seems almost impossible now though.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-14-2023),Predict (05-08-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    355d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I'm in the same boat, kind of. During the lockdown, I also gained around 15 or so pounds, but that was mostly because I took up drinking quite a bit when I was left alone with my thoughts and wanted to drown them out.

The weight I gained somewhat helped me because I was already under what my expected weight should be based on my age/height. Though, I'd still like to take off a few pounds and toned down drinking to help. Additionally, I try to get out more for brief walks (if the weather would calm down in Texas lol) so I can try to burn some of the weight off that way. That's my current "workout" plan so far haha and I've lost 5 or so pounds from doing this so far.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-14-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Oof me too. I used to go to the gym about 5 times a week and some days I went twice a day doing a combo of cardio for an hour and weightlifting earlier in the day with a trainer. Boy did I fall off the rails during the pandemic. At first it was fun, because it felt like I was on summer vacation eating whatever I wanted and playing video games during the day (my org took too long to adjust us to work from home lol). I gained about 15-20 lbs and it took me about 1.5 years to finally start on SOMETHING.

This period really forced me to evaluate my life and think about what I liked doing. I also threw out my back (herniated disc that pinched my sciatic nerve) which rendered me immobile for about 2-3 months and I was so shook because I considered myself fairly physically active/capable and I had just turned 30 so it made me feel old and depressed me for awhile. I realized that I used to be the all in person who tried to do too much all at once and did exercise I hated like running for long periods of time or other types of stationary cardio. I decided I wanted to do movement that I LIKED so I bought a PS2, DDR mats, and fired up my old DDR games I had in storage and got to playing that. That helped me IMMENSELY to get moving and to ENJOY moving. I used to be so into DDR when I was 15-19 and it just motivated me so much because A: the music was dope AF and B: I was competitive and wanted to get better at the game, not even thinking about calories/steps etc. That really helped me to build my endurance again and take up running/cardio at the gym again. I also found these workout videos that motivated me too because I love early 2000's dance music (these dancers were in the famous Eric Prydz- Call on Me video)

They have this other video too that I tried and was like holy shit that's so hard, but I gotta master this lol

I basically changed my mindset from "I'm fat and need to lose weight to look a certain size or fit into x size jeans" to "I want to be a badass with a physical skill like dancing that will make me excited to do and even show off with." Really changed my motivation. I've lost weight before, but hated the "journey" because I hated stationary cardio, but understood, I'm fat, need to burn fat, cardio's gonna do that fast. Now, my main training routine is powerlifting. I train with a professional powerlifter ((you need an account to see links) 0_o ) and all I want to do is get strong. I'm not thinking about being a certain size or what to eat so it's helped mentally to be more relaxed and physically motivated. There's nothing wrong with chasing a physique, but I find that I get discouraged easily when I don't reach certain aesthetic goals and need to do more to understand that genetics/body type/ etc. plays a role in that too. I'm the strongest I've ever been now (after training for about 6 months) and have the most visible muscle I've ever had and I still feel weak and puny compared to everyone, so it motivates me to get stronger.
    Right now I'm still "overweight" by about 10-15lbs of my goal weight so I'm trying to cut some fat by summer so I can feel more comfortable in shorts or whatever. I'm tracking calories and protein so I'm trying to eat 1500cals a day and shoot for 125-140 grams of protein. I train in powerlifting 4 times a week and shoot for about 3 1hr cardio sessions a week.

I think a big help for me was my diet in finding tasty high volume foods for low cals or good amount of protein. I recommend looking at the (you need an account to see links) for recipes and inspiration on diet friendly foods. I found quite a few game changers in there that make me feel like I'm not sacrificing on tasty food. Also, find yourself a GOOD diet soda (cherry vanilla coke zero is my go-to).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Well i used to do heavy power lifting then i had a hernia.

Now its different. i lift roughly 12-15reps and 3x4 sets

My weights are still in the high range but i do typically:

Biceps and chest

Back and triceps

Legs and shoulders

cardio and abs

im leaving work but ill edit this when i get home with some pics of exorcises. I start my mondays with the worst IMHO (legs) then the rest of the week is just peachy. I also consume my weight in protein (210) trying to hit 225. Cardio is my weakspot, but incline 3.5 and speed of 3.8/4.0 and youll be fine 30 minutes or 45 per day. it gets boring use stairclimber hope this helps!

Also yes diet is a thing but eat clean, pretty veggies (bright colors etc) and count the calories if youre trying to reach a specific goal. im lazy so i just guess but ive been okay so far. i know if i was super strict id reach my goals alas food tastes too good and i cant stop eating LOL
    My dude, same thing happened to me 💀💀 !!! Except I'm stubborn AF and continue to powerlift 😔 I'm actually seeing a physical therapist about my injury and found that my hip alignment is off and it's messing with my rotation which affects my lower back during the lifts. Gonna see how that helps my lifting, but luckily, I'm still like SpongeBob weak with my lifts (barely deadlifting 160lbs, benching 75lbs, and squatting 125lbs) so I don't think I have to completely stop yet.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-14-2023)