Thread: Your User Control Panel: A Comprehensive Guide for Easy Navigation πŸŽ›οΈπŸŒπŸ”πŸ“‚

Pronouns
    he/him 🧍
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    430 times
    Time Online
    245d 2h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 51m

Your User Control Panel: A Comprehensive Guide for Easy Navigation πŸŽ›οΈπŸŒπŸ”πŸ“‚

https://clraik.com/forum/usercp.php

πŸ’»πŸ”πŸ“‚πŸ“§πŸ–₯οΈπŸŒπŸ“’

Welcome to clraik.com's user panel, the central hub for managing your account and participating in the community! Whether you're new to the site or a long-time member, this guide will help you navigate the various features and tools available in the user panel. We will walk you through these various features, including customizing your profile, managing your notifications, and participating in the community through private messages, and provide clear and concise instructions to help you navigate the user panel with ease. Don't be intimidated by the user panel's various sections and options. I'll explain them all in an easy-to-understand manner, so you can fully utilize the features available to you. So if you're ready to get the most out of your clraik.com experience, let's dive into the control panel and start exploring all it has to offer!

When you first access the user panel, you will be greeted by seven main tabs, each of which contains various options to help you customize and manage your account.

"My Messages"
    "My Subscriptions"
    "My Settings"
    "Subscribed Threads with New Posts"
    "Latest Infractions Received"
    "Latest Reputation Received"
    "Latest Reputation Given"

Let's take a closer look at them.

"My Messages" Tab:

Most forums, including clraik.com, have an internal messaging system that allows members to send private messages to each other. The messaging system usually consists of two main components: the Inbox and the Sent Items folder.

The Inbox is where you receive messages from other forum members. Whenever someone sends you a private message, it will appear in your Inbox. You can access your Inbox by clicking on the "Inbox" link in the forum's navigation menu.
    Once you open your Inbox, you'll be able to see a list of all the messages you've received, organized by date and time. You can click on each message to read its contents, reply to it, or delete it.
    On the other hand, the Sent Items folder is where copies of the messages you send are stored. Whenever you send a private message to another member, a copy of that message is saved in your Sent Items folder. This allows you to keep track of the messages you've sent. To access your Sent Items folder, click on the "Sent Items" link in the forum's navigation menu. From there, you can view a list of all the messages you've sent.
    In summary, the Inbox and Sent Items folders are essential features of a forum's messaging system. They allow you to communicate privately with other members, keep track of your messages, and stay organized.

In addition to the Inbox and Sent Items folders, our forum allows users to create custom folders to organize their messages.
    Creating folders can be especially useful if you receive a lot of private messages or need to keep track of different types of messages. For example, you might create folders for messages related to trades, events, or personal conversations.
    This can help keep your Inbox and Sent Items folders clean and organized, and make it easier to find specific messages when you need them.

So, if you find yourself struggling to keep track of your private messages on a forum, consider creating folders to help stay organized!

"My Subscriptions" Tab:

This feature allows users to keep track of specific threads or topics they're interested in, and receive notifications when new messages are posted in those threads.
    To subscribe to a thread, simply navigate to the thread and look for the option to subscribe. Depending on the forum theme, this option might be located near the top or bottom of the thread page, or in a drop-down menu.

"My Settings" Tab:

The "My Settings" tab is an important section of our forum's user panel that allows you to manage and customize your personal account settings and preferences. This tab typically contains various options that you can modify to control how the forum behaves for you and how you interact with other users.

My Profile

Edit Profile: This section allows you to update your profile information, including your username, email address, signature, avatar and your userbars. You may also be able to add additional information about yourself, such as your location, interests, or a website.

Edit Profile Picture, Avatar: This section allows you to upload a custom avatar or profile picture that will appear next to your forum posts. Avatars can be images or graphics that represent you or your online persona, and they can help other forum users recognize you more easily. To upload an image file as your avatar, you can go to the "Edit Avatar" or "Edit Profile Picture" section of the forum user panel, then click on an option to "Upload" or "Choose File" and select the image file from your computer or device.

Edit Signature: This section allows you to create a custom signature that will appear at the bottom of your forum posts. You can typically use text, images, or HTML code to create your signature, and you may be able to format it using various fonts, colors, and styles. Keep it concise: Your signature should be relatively short and to-the-point, as longer signatures could be distracting or annoying for other users. Aim for no more than a couple of lines of text or a few small images. Your signature is a great place to showcase your personal interests or hobbies that you want to share with other users. Make sure that your signature follows any guidelines or restrictions provided by the forum. Consider updating your signature periodically to reflect changes in your interests, promotions, or other relevant information. This can help keep your signature fresh and interesting for other users.

Profile Privacy: This section allows you to control who can view your profile and see your online status. You may also be able to block specific users or set your account to "invisible mode," which makes it appear as though you're not online.

My Account

Edit Email & Password: In the Edit Email & Password section, you can change your email address or password by entering your current information and then typing in your new information.

General Settings: This tab allows you to customize various settings for your forum account, such as the time zone, date format, or forum skin.

Perm             ission Groups: One potentially overlooked section of the side-panel is "Permission Groups". Did you know that every time you unlock a userbar you get added to a new group of users? That in itself isn't important, but thanks to a vBulletin feature, usernames are colored based on the usergroup and here on clraik we can choose which one we're represented by! In addition to just some plain old solid colors. We've got some with some super                  cool effects! If you've found yourself wanting to change your look a bit (or a lot), name, and all, you can hop over to the Permission Groups section and scroll through all of your options. Additionally, the group descriptions often contain some information about userbar unlocking, even if it's a little vague and more of a hint than anything. If userbars are your jam, this can be useful when we're all on the hunt to uncover new unlocking mechanisms.

Edit Ignore List: This tab allows you to manage a list of users whose posts or comments you wish to ignore or hide from your view on the forum.

Paid Subscriptions: This tab allows you to view or manage any paid subscriptions or membership levels that you have on the forum, such as premium access to certain sections or features.

iTrader

iTrader Options: This tab allows you to view or manage your iTrader rating, which is a measure of your trading reputation or reliability on the forum.

Networking

Friends & Contacts: This tab allows you to manage your connections or contacts on the forum, such as adding users to your friend list or sending private messages to other members.

Event Reminders: This tab allows you to set up reminders for upcoming forum events or activities, such as meetings, contests, or special promotions.

Miscellaneous

Attachments: In the Attachments tab, you can view a list of all the attachments that you have uploaded to the forum, as well as the date that each attachment was uploaded and the size of each file. You can also manage your attachments by deleting or downloading them as needed. Additionally, the Attachments tab may allow you to upload new attachments to the forum, either as part of a new post or as a standalone attachment. When you upload a new attachment, you may be prompted to specify the file type, size, or other properties of the attachment.

"Subscribed Threads with New Posts" Tab:

The "Subscribed Threads with New Posts" section is a useful feature in our forum's user panel that allows you to keep track of threads you have subscribed to and be notified of new posts in them.

When you subscribe to a thread in our forum, you will receive notifications whenever new posts are added to that thread. The "Subscribed Threads with New Posts" section in your user panel provides a convenient overview of all the threads you are currently subscribed to that have new posts. This allows you to quickly and easily access those threads and stay up-to-date on the latest discussions and conversations in the forum.

The Subscribed Threads with New Posts section typically displays a list of the threads you have subscribed to that have new posts, along with details such as the thread title, the number of new posts, and the date and time of the most recent post. You can then click on each thread to view the new posts and participate in the discussion as desired.

"Latest Infractions Received" Tab:

The Infraction tab is a section in our forum's user panel that lists any recent infractions you may have received for violating the forum's rules. Infractions are typically issued by forum moderators or administrators as a way of enforcing forum rules and encouraging users to follow them.

In the Infraction tab, you will see a list of any recent infractions you have received, along with details about the infraction, such as the reason for the infraction, the date it was issued, and the duration of the infraction. Depending on the situation, infractions may be categorized as minor or major offenses, and may result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban from the forum.

It's important to take any infractions you receive seriously and to review the forum rules to ensure you are following them. If you feel that an infraction was issued in error, you can typically contact the forum moderators or administrators to discuss the issue and seek clarification.

Overall, the Infraction tab is an important tool for staying informed about any infractions you may have received and ensuring that you are following the forum's rules and guidelines. By taking the time to review your Infraction tab regularly and make any necessary changes to your behavior or posting habits, you can help ensure that you remain in good standing with the forum community.

"Latest Reputation Received" Tab:

The Reputation tab is a section in our forum's user panel that shows your reputation score, which is a measure of how well-respected you are within the forum community. Reputation scores are typically based on how other users have rated your posts, such as by giving you "likes" or "thanks" for helpful or informative content.

In the Reputation tab, you can see your current reputation score, as well as a breakdown of how your score has changed over time. You can also view any comments or feedback that other users have left about your posts or contributions to the forum.

Reputation scores can be an important factor in determining how influential you are within our forum community, as well as how well-respected your opinions and contributions are. A high reputation score can indicate that you are a trusted and valued member of the community, while a low reputation score may indicate that you are not as well-respected or influential.

It's important to note that reputation scores should not be the sole measure of your contributions to a forum, and should not be taken too seriously or used as a tool for competition or rivalry with other users. Instead, focus on providing helpful and informative content to the forum community, and let your reputation score naturally reflect your contributions over time.

Overall, the Reputation tab is an interesting tool for seeing how other users perceive your contributions to the forum community, and can provide valuable feedback on how to improve your posting habits or increase your influence within the community.

"Latest Reputation Given" Tab:

The "Last Reputation Given" tab is a section in our forum's user panel that shows the most recent reputation points that you have given to other forum members. Reputation points are typically awarded to other users as a way of showing appreciation for helpful or informative content, or as a way of recognizing their contributions to the forum community.

In the "Last Reputation Given" tab, you can see a list of the most recent reputation points that you have awarded to other users, as well as the posts or content that you awarded the points for. This can be a useful tool for tracking your own activity on the forum, as well as for reminding yourself of the content that you found particularly helpful or informative.

It's important to note that reputation points should be given out fairly and impartially, based on the quality of the content or contributions being recognized. It's also a good idea to be mindful of how often you are giving out reputation points, and to avoid giving them out too frequently or excessively, as this can detract from their value and may be seen as "spamming" the forum.

Overall, the "Last Reputation Given" tab is a helpful tool for tracking your own activity on the forum and recognizing the contributions of other users. By using reputation points fairly and judiciously, you can help foster a positive and supportive community on the forum, and build stronger relationships with other users over time.

Thank you again, $(you need an account to see links), for your invaluable help with my grammar and cross-checking.
    I would also like to extend my gratitude to $(you need an account to see links) for helping, giving me valuable ideas, and typing out test messages.
    A big thank you to $(you need an account to see links) and $(you need an account to see links) for their help with the graphics and gifs! Your contributions have helped make the guide more visually appealing and engaging. I also want to thank $(you need an account to see links) for describing the permission group in such a fun way and for being very helpful.
    And last but not least, thank you to $(you need an account to see links) for telling me that you have been struggling to navigate on clraik and needed some help. I hope this guide helps you and a lot of others! Thanks for reading! πŸ’›βš‘

Last edited by Zenitsu; 04-30-2023 at 08:23 PM.
    Slowpoke! πŸ’§πŸŒŠπŸ’™γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€Brittany Buizel Gangγ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€K-Pop Idol Icy 🧊 γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€Ari πŸŒΈγ…€γ…€ Bat Fanclub *squeak* πŸ¦‡
    πŸ’»πŸ’ŠπŸ˜Ž Join the Nyanomatrix. γ…€γ…€Duke & Ditah πŸ• Clefairy ⚑ 😭 Wooloo πŸ‘ Howdy 🀠🐦

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Zenitsu For This Useful Post:

Buizel (04-30-2023),♥ Cerberus ♥ (05-01-2023),DarkSkies (04-30-2023),Ferengi (04-30-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-01-2023),I_royalty_I (04-30-2023),Ice (04-30-2023),j03 (04-30-2023),kittyray (04-30-2023),Lyrichord (04-30-2023),♥ Munna ♥ (02-05-2024),Pidgey (05-01-2023),Polorin (04-30-2023),Slowpoke (04-30-2023),Uma (04-30-2023),Unown (05-01-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Awesome guide! I've been here a while and I learned some things! Inbox folders?!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Slowpoke (04-30-2023),Zenitsu (04-30-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    138 times
    Time Online
    84d 14h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I hope this guide helps anyone who isn't familiar with the control panel - and I'm with kitty, I JUST learned about the inbox folders today too. That'll help me stay organized Another amazing guide, Zen! Thank you for all of your hard work!
    ♥  slowpoke  ♥

♥  thanks, Zenitsu! for the art + graphics! ilysm! ♥
    ♥  thanks, Woohoo for the avatar!! ♥
    ♥  thanks, Lyrichord for the profile picture! ♥
    ♥  thanks, Charmander for the custom Ryu + userbar! ♥

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slowpoke For This Useful Post:

kittyray (04-30-2023),Zenitsu (04-30-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Great job, Zen!! Honestly I feel like for a lot of (perhaps, ~*younger*~ ) kids these days who didn't grow up with traditional forums like this navigating the more old school style control panel and features might be a bit of a challenge so awesome guide and walkthrough of each tab! Hopefully this makes diving into the fun customisation capabilities ck has a little easier and point out common features that sometimes get asked about.

I will still never forgive you for not babysitting my ryu before taking that screencap, though, when you KNEW I was out driving on the road for hours and couldn't do it myself
    ❀ Cream 2.0s by sugarbee, Houndoom, Alister; sales ub by Aero ❀

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-01-2023),kittyray (04-30-2023),Zenitsu (04-30-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    This is pretty helpful tbh. If I didn't already know what I was doing by being a long time forum user in general, this would make getting into them a LOT easier.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

kittyray (04-30-2023),Zenitsu (04-30-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    669 times
    Time Online
    210d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 31m
    I am also team I didn't realize we could add folders!

For anyone wondering how to use the fancy text effects on the forum, aka have text appear as one of the display group themes, I'll link $(you need an account to see links)'s (you need an account to see links).

It doesn't matter whether you have that particular DG or not - they can all be used, just like any text color can be chosen with BBCode by using [ color=#]color tags [ /color] but without the spaces.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Buizel (04-30-2023),kittyray (04-30-2023),Slowpoke (04-30-2023),Zenitsu (04-30-2023)

Pronouns
    βš”οΈ
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    seriously wonderful guide! thank you Zen, cant wait to use these to my limited abilities lol!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (05-01-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    I have also no idea about folders lol

This is nice good guide, thanks everyone for putting this together for the community

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (05-01-2023)