Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] From Newcomer to Respected: A Guide to Building a Strong Reputation on cK βœοΈπŸ“š

Pronouns
    he/him 🧍
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    436 times
    Time Online
    251d 18h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 53m

[Guide] From Newcomer to Respected: A Guide to Building a Strong Reputation on cK βœοΈπŸ“š

πŸ“–πŸ““πŸ“šπŸ“βœοΈβœ…πŸ’―πŸŽ“

Welcome to clraik, a vibrant online community where members share knowledge, ideas, and support on a wide range of topics. Whether you're here to learn, connect, or contribute, being a respected member of this community can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience.

It's always great to see new members who are enthusiastic about contributing and making a name for themselves within the community.
    In this guide, we'll cover some key strategies for building a strong reputation in the community. We'll look at how to be knowledgeable and helpful, how to participate in the community in a respectful and meaningful way, and how to build relationships with other members. Whether you're looking to become a trusted advisor, a go-to expert, or simply a well-liked and respected member of the community, this guide will provide you with the tools and insights you need to achieve your goals. It takes time and effort to build a reputation, but with dedication and a willingness to learn and contribute, you can definitely achieve your goal. Let's get started!

Follow the rules: Make sure you are familiar with the forum's rules and guidelines, and follow them consistently. This helps you avoid being seen as a troublemaker or a spammer. Make sure to read them carefully. This will help you avoid getting into trouble with the moderators or other members of the community.

Be active: Participate in discussions and contribute valuable content to the forum. Try to answer questions and provide useful information to help other users. The more you participate, the more visible you become and the more opportunities you have to showcase your expertise. Typically, the most respected and known community members are those who are active in a variety of topics and participate regularly in (or even host) events. Regular participation is important to building a good reputation on a forum. Make sure to check in regularly, and participate in discussions and threads that interest you. This will help you stay engaged with the community and build relationships with other members.

Be helpful: One of the most important things you can do to build a good reputation on a forum is to be helpful to others. Answer questions, provide advice, and share your knowledge with the community. If you can help others solve their problems, they will appreciate it and remember you as someone who is knowledgeable and helpful. We all started somewhere, so if you see someone asking a question that you know the answer to or know where to find the answer to, they'll definitely be thankful if you take a moment to steer them in the right direction! At the end of the day, what goes around comes around, so you never know when you will rely on others for assistance as well.

Be respectful: Treat other members with respect and kindness. Avoid arguments or negative interactions that can tarnish your reputation. Instead, focus on being helpful and positive. Treat others as you would like to be treated, and avoid personal attacks or insults. Remember that you are part of a community and that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Try to maintain a positive and helpful attitude in all your interactions. A community is only as good as its members, so it's important we treat each other with respect and promote an open and welcoming environment. Even if you are shy or hesitant, it never hurts to put yourself out there and try to make some friends or contribute to ongoing discussions.

Be consistent: Make it a habit to check the forum regularly and respond to new posts in a timely manner. This shows that you are dedicated to the forum and its community.

Be patient: Building a reputation takes time, so don't expect instant results. Keep working on providing valuable contributions, and over time, your reputation will grow.

Be knowledgeable: Demonstrate your expertise by providing thoughtful and informative answers to questions. Share your insights and experiences, and provide helpful resources where appropriate. Make sure you have a good understanding of the topic or topics covered by the forum. This will allow you to provide accurate and helpful information to other members of the community.

Build relationships: Engage with other members on the forum and build relationships. This helps establish you as a trusted and respected member of the community.
    Remember, building a reputation is not about self-promotion but about being a valuable member of the community. By consistently providing helpful content and engaging with other members, you can establish a positive reputation on clraik.

Use humor: One of the easiest ways to be fun on a forum is to use humor. Share a funny story, make a joke, or use a funny meme or GIF to add some levity to the conversation.

Use emojis and other visuals: Emojis, GIFs, and other visual elements can add a fun and playful element to your posts. Use them sparingly and appropriately to enhance your message and add some personality to your contributions.

Participate in games and contests: Our forum has games and contests that are designed to be fun and engaging. Participating in these activities can be a great way to show off your sense of humor and connect with other members.

Share your interests: Finally, don't be afraid to share your interests and passions with other members. Whether you're into sports, music, or art, sharing what you love can help you connect with other like-minded members and make the forum a more fun and enjoyable place to be.

Be creative: If you have a talent for writing, drawing, or other creative pursuits, consider sharing your work on the forum. Creating something fun and unique can help you stand out and establish yourself as a fun and interesting member of the community.

Choose a unique username: Your username is the first thing other members will see when you post on the forum, so make sure it's memorable and easy to recognize. Avoid using generic or common usernames, and try to come up with something unique and memorable.

Use a distinctive avatar: Your avatar is another important element of your online presence. Choose an image or icon that represents you or your interests, and make sure it's distinctive and eye-catching.

Develop a consistent theme: If you want to take your online presence to the next level, consider developing a consistent theme for your posts and contributions. This could include using a specific color scheme, font, or style, or incorporating certain elements or motifs into your posts.

As a reputable member of a forum, there are a few things you should avoid doing:

Don't engage in spamming: Avoid posting irrelevant or unsolicited messages, comments, or links that don't add any value to the discussion.

Don't harass or bully other members: Respect other members' opinions, beliefs, and feelings. Avoid personal attacks, name-calling, or any other form of harassment or bullying.

Don't plagiarize: Always give credit where credit is due. Avoid copying and pasting content from other sources without proper attribution.

Don't violate forum rules: Make sure you read and understand the forum rules and follow them at all times. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the forum moderators.

Don't engage in illegal activities: Avoid discussing or promoting illegal activities, such as hacking, piracy, or other forms of cybercrime.

Remember that being a member of a forum is about contributing positively to the community, learning from others, and respecting others' opinions and beliefs. By following these guidelines, you can help create a positive and productive forum environment for everyone.

Offer something unique: Try to offer something that other members of the community don't. Maybe you have a particular expertise or perspective that others can benefit from. Whatever it is, try to find a way to set yourself apart from other contributors to the forum.

Have fun: While forums can be a great source of information and discussion, it's important to remember that they're also a place to connect with others and enjoy ourselves. Don't be afraid to participate in conversations that interest you or to start your own threads on topics you're passionate about. And don't forget to keep things lighthearted and enjoyable; a little humor can go a long way. So let's all remember to have some fun while we're here!

Be yourself: Finally, be yourself! Don't try to pretend to be someone you're not or to present yourself in a way that is not authentic. Be honest and genuine, and let your personality shine through in your posts and interactions with others.

By following these tips, you can establish yourself as a knowledgeable, helpful, and respected member of the forum community. Remember that building a good reputation on a forum takes time, so be patient and stay committed. Over time, your contributions will be recognized, and you will become a respected member of the community. Good luck!

Enjoy your time on our forum. We hope you find it informative and engaging. If you have any questions or need any assistance, feel free to reach out to us. Thank you for being a part of our community!

Thank you, $(you need an account to see links), for your invaluable help with my grammar.
    I would also like to extend my gratitude to $(you need an account to see links), $(you need an account to see links), $(you need an account to see links) and $(you need an account to see links) for providing me with valuable advice and being respected & reputable members, and thank you to $(you need an account to see links) for the fantastic idea you shared with me to make this thread. πŸ’›βš‘
    Last edited by Zenitsu; 04-26-2023 at 11:28 AM.
    Slowpoke! πŸ’§πŸŒŠπŸ’™γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€Brittany Buizel Gangγ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€K-Pop Idol Icy 🧊 γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€Ari πŸŒΈγ…€γ…€ Bat Fanclub *squeak* πŸ¦‡
    πŸ’»πŸ’ŠπŸ˜Ž Join the Nyanomatrix. γ…€γ…€Duke & Ditah πŸ• Clefairy ⚑ 😭 Wooloo πŸ‘ Howdy 🀠🐦

2. The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to Zenitsu For This Useful Post:

Abyss (04-26-2023),Alister (04-26-2023),Ariealle (04-26-2023),aymo (10-15-2023),Bat (04-25-2023),birdies (04-25-2023),Buizel (04-25-2023),♥ cass ♥ (05-13-2023),caviar (12-22-2023),♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023),chii3d (04-25-2023),Chilljoy (04-27-2023),Clefairy (04-25-2023),Crooked (05-06-2023),DarkSkies (04-25-2023),Demetri (04-26-2023),Ember (04-25-2023),Excalibur (01-01-2024),Ferengi (04-25-2023),Flordibel (04-25-2023),gilly777 (06-08-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-01-2023),Hall (04-25-2023),♥ Harvest Goddess ♥ (04-26-2023),howdy (04-26-2023),Ice (04-25-2023),ilovedogs (04-25-2023),j03 (04-25-2023),Jenova (10-16-2023),John Cena (01-23-2024),Kibba (04-27-2023),kittyray (04-25-2023),KJiU (04-25-2023),Kon (04-26-2023),LibraryFaerie (04-26-2023),♥ lint ♥ (04-26-2023),Lyrichord (04-25-2023),Mario2302 (04-26-2023),♥ Munna ♥ (02-18-2024),Nattiee (04-27-2023),Patamon (12-22-2023),Peaches_and_Mocha (01-11-2024),Polorin (04-25-2023),Predict (04-25-2023),qbone (04-26-2023),RicoBandito (04-26-2023),rio (12-26-2023),rodelicious (04-27-2023),Sakuras (04-26-2023),Sephora (04-26-2023),♥ Shinx ♥ (04-27-2023),Slowpoke (04-25-2023),Styx (11-11-2023),Swablu (01-07-2024),Uma (04-25-2023),Unown (04-25-2023),Vulpes (10-28-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    +rep !

Such an amazing guide! This would definitely help newbies and those returning from hiatus integrate back into the community!

Edit: Also, can I just add that the custom repular bars are adorable lol
    Last edited by Buizel; 04-25-2023 at 07:39 PM. Reason: added message

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023),Excalibur (01-01-2024),goodnightmoon (04-25-2023),Ice (04-25-2023),Nattiee (04-27-2023),Zenitsu (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Thank you so much Zen x)) haha I love this little community. It can be a bit overwhelming to learn how to build up reputation and how to start from somewhere here but this guides gives some good tips!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-01-2024),goodnightmoon (04-25-2023),Ice (04-25-2023),Lyrichord (04-26-2023),Zenitsu (04-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zenitsu again.
    But I WANNA.

This is such a lovely guide with a welcoming spirit. I hope anyone who feels a little intimidated has a minute to settle down and read it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-01-2024),Ice (04-25-2023),Zenitsu (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    βš”οΈ
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 21h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Wonderful guide! long time member off and on, but im very grateful for this refresher course. it was a good read thank you everyone who was involved in this <3

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-25-2023),Lyrichord (04-26-2023),Zenitsu (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Thanks for this Zen! I joined a few weeks ago and I find myself enjoying myself with our community a lot more then the neocord. Appreciate it!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Predict For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-25-2023),Lyrichord (04-26-2023),Zenitsu (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her πŸŒ™
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    15d 15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    i absolutely love this! β™₯️ when i initially decided to become more active on here, i thought it would be impossible to build up my reputation. i thought to myself, "everyone seems to already know each other, so i'm not sure if there's any room for me." i'm sure a lot of newbies feel the same way and your guide encourages people to engage more.

thank you for sharing your tips, zenitsu (and everyone involved as well!)! i'll definitely follow them as i also want to contribute more. ^^

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Polorin For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (04-25-2023),Excalibur (01-01-2024),Ice (04-25-2023),Lyrichord (04-26-2023),Predict (04-25-2023),Zenitsu (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    +πŸ₯• for your great guide xD This will definitely light up their journey here in cK haha.

That "Choose a unique username" part was the most impactful to me as when i came back and went active i end up buying VIP just to change my username , well lets just put it as an act to appreciate the great cK xD

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (04-25-2023),Zenitsu (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    418 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Polorin View Post
    i absolutely love this! β™₯️ when i initially decided to become more active on here, i thought it would be impossible to build up my reputation. i thought to myself, "everyone seems to already know each other, so i'm not sure if there's any room for me." i'm sure a lot of newbies feel the same way and your guide encourages people to engage more.

thank you for sharing your tips, zenitsu (and everyone involved as well!)! i'll definitely follow them as i also want to contribute more. ^^
    You must be kidding because you really fit here and are always trying to help others ❀️

This is a very nice guide, thanks for putting this together @(you need an account to see links). I also loved the rep bar details and color!

When you're a newbie it can be very frightening to interact with others, the introduction thread really it's a great way to welcome new users so they can also see we're friendly

I will always be grateful with every ck that helped/trusted me from the day one until now. Such an incredible community

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-25-2023),Lyrichord (04-26-2023),Polorin (04-26-2023),Zenitsu (04-26-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    53d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Absolutely amazing guide that you had put together Zen! Thank you to you and to those who helped out with this guide!
    Definitely puts an insight on the ways to receive rep, not alone with rep, but engaging with the community!
    I know when I made my return to cK, I felt like a lost puppy. Didn't have much of a guide to follow or anything to really look for. Kind of just took it into my own hands and wandered around the forum to find answers that I needed.
    Slowly I began interacting with others, received my first couple of UBs and a few months later, I've found my place!

At the beginning of my return, I felt like I had to have 'rep' to have a sense of place, but just chatting with other cK members around the forum, discovering different threads that I've never seen before, etc. trying to gain 'rep' ended up being one of the last things on my list. Being able to chat with those who have similar interests as me makes this site a lot more enjoyable. Rep will slowly come my way, but for now just chatting, getting to know others, making new friends along the way, is all more worth the journey as we all grow together as a community.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kon For This Useful Post:

howdy (04-26-2023),Ice (04-26-2023),Lyrichord (04-26-2023),Polorin (04-26-2023),Zenitsu (04-26-2023)