Thread: Any Valorant Players? Who do you main and why?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

Any Valorant Players? Who do you main and why?

I'm wondering if anyone plays Valorant on this site haha. I bought the most recent battlepass but didn't have time to grind it so only finished up to tier 40 something. I got it for the Bruno Commander card lol it was too cute and kinda derpy to pass up. Sadsge. I kinda like the new battle pass more ;-; but I don't wanna spend more money on Riot Games x))

Anyways, I typically main Brimstone and Breach at the moment. I'm trying to also learn how to play Raze and Killjoy. My goal is to have an agent of each type to feel comfortable in each role.

Brimstone is my favorite agent atm since I feel like his abilities are straightforward - smoke, stim out, and keep enemies at bay with a grenade. His ultimate is pretty awesome when I play backsite. I played him at first honestly just because he looked cool. ((:

(you need an account to see links)

Breach is someone I'm more new to playing but I love his flash - I feel like it's very easy to pick up and learn as opposed to Kayo. I'm not the best and timing flashes so flashing through walls is easier. I lean more aggressive in my playstyle with him.

(you need an account to see links)

Who do you main and why?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    949 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Gosh I feel extremely underqualified to reply because I only just started playing and have very few hours logged (in comparison to my main pvp fps - Overwatch) but Valorant for some reason is extremely difficult for me. Fun, on the rare moments when I get lucky enough to pop off, but I think I'm still struggling very hard to get a grasp on utility controls (I rarely bring up the mini map/use it for pings - which also makes it impossible for me to smoke anywhere properly), map/geographical knowledge (I can understand heaven/hell but the moment you start saying "garage" "kitchen" "sewers" you've lost me 😂), and above all shooting style since as an Overwatch player, "stand and shoot" is not really how it's done xD

As far as mains go, I don't have a lot of agents unlocked but I definitely gravitate towards/fall back on Sage 😅 since half the time I can't come out on top in a shoot out at the very least I can just keep trying to spam heal my teammates and throw slow orbs LOL. I played Raze a bit too since she's kind of a straightforward duelist but one time I ff'd a teammate with my grenade and :') yeah perhaps not the greatest Raze out there. I avoid anyone who uses smokes like the plague because I literally cannot get a grasp on how to drop them down properly nor even where they should go strategically but luckily I usually play with friends who take that role.

But all in all I didn't think I'd enjoy Valorant that much but was pleasantly surprised that it was more fun than I expected! Just have to practice more. A LOT more.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (04-25-2023),♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Gosh I feel extremely underqualified to reply because I only just started playing and have very few hours logged (in comparison to my main pvp fps - Overwatch) but Valorant for some reason is extremely difficult for me. Fun, on the rare moments when I get lucky enough to pop off, but I think I'm still struggling very hard to get a grasp on utility controls (I rarely bring up the mini map/use it for pings - which also makes it impossible for me to smoke anywhere properly), map/geographical knowledge (I can understand heaven/hell but the moment you start saying "garage" "kitchen" "sewers" you've lost me 😂), and above all shooting style since as an Overwatch player, "stand and shoot" is not really how it's done xD

As far as mains go, I don't have a lot of agents unlocked but I definitely gravitate towards/fall back on Sage 😅 since half the time I can't come out on top in a shoot out at the very least I can just keep trying to spam heal my teammates and throw slow orbs LOL. I played Raze a bit too since she's kind of a straightforward duelist but one time I ff'd a teammate with my grenade and :') yeah perhaps not the greatest Raze out there. I avoid anyone who uses smokes like the plague because I literally cannot get a grasp on how to drop them down properly nor even where they should go strategically but luckily I usually play with friends who take that role.

But all in all I didn't think I'd enjoy Valorant that much but was pleasantly surprised that it was more fun than I expected! Just have to practice more. A LOT more.
    Hi! Noooo haha it's okay don't feel underqualified or anything x)) anyone can play haha. It's alright I honestly think there is DEFINITELY a higher learning curve to Valorant than Overwatch mostly because once you die in the game, you don't respawn and it's a lot more pressuring because you watch others/have others watch you more intensely during matches after death. I am more into Valorant than Overwatch and if it's allowed in the rules (I see other people playing other games), I'm actually down to play with you and others sometimes xD I was planning on joining the Clraik Discord soon haha we could play some matches. I'm currently BARELY Silver and literally have 0 RR buffer right now haha so I'd probably be around your ranking and could help you learn a bit. I'm by all means no expert however.

It's okay xD I think part of it is just practice. Pinging I feel like is helpful like as soon as you hear an enemy sound, try pinging and falling back. Valorant is all about angles tbh and doing your best to not engage in 1v1 fights. For map knowledge, it definitely takes a while to learn all the lingo x)) usually when people say garage, kitchen, or sewers - those are all linking areas that link the open area/midground to a particular site (A, B, C). It's stand and shoot but also strafing (moving left and right as you shoot) xD accuracy is very important in valorant haha just takes time.

Sage is a great agent! Haha helping heal people and throwing slow orbs is what keeps us alive and enemies slowed down we can reach you ((: I also enjoy Raze because she is more straightforward but don't feel bad if you hurt teammates xD It happens! Haha.

I'm glad you enjoyed Valorant and maybe if we have some Clraik people play, we can create a chill environment to play for fun haha and learn different agents ((:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 6h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m

I used to play a lot but don't anymore. I also main Sage when I do play. Never learned to utilize my smokes and other abilities I just run around and shoot and heal haha

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023),Ice (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    949 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) well you're definitely already way ahead of me since I won't touch ranked with a 10ft pole xD I've pretty much stuck to swift play (since in full matches it can be pretty clear which team is dominant and I don't want to suffer through a beatdown LOL) and I think a lot of the troubles with my games is that I do play with friends with a wide range of skill, even if the better players are on smurf accounts I guess the matchmaking can still pick up on it eventually and it gets to a point where we (the less skilled players) sandbag too hard and it's not a good time 😂 but I'm always down to play with new people, as long as they're up for my sub-50 match scores from time to time AHAHAH... 🙃

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    @(you need an account to see links) well you're definitely already way ahead of me since I won't touch ranked with a 10ft pole xD I've pretty much stuck to swift play (since in full matches it can be pretty clear which team is dominant and I don't want to suffer through a beatdown LOL) and I think a lot of the troubles with my games is that I do play with friends with a wide range of skill, even if the better players are on smurf accounts I guess the matchmaking can still pick up on it eventually and it gets to a point where we (the less skilled players) sandbag too hard and it's not a good time 😂 but I'm always down to play with new people, as long as they're up for my sub-50 match scores from time to time AHAHAH... 🙃
    Hey don't worry about it x)) I gotchu!! It's okay we can stick to unrated and the other game modes xD mwahaha I'll help you build up the confidence, don't worry. Ultimately games should be fun and if anyone is being toxic to ya, they aren't playing it right c: wooo!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

Ice (04-25-2023)